1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

'Slippy' surface

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by APC900, Dec 20, 2018.

1. APC900

APC900 Simracer

There are two areas of two of my favorite tracks in AC, which I'd like some of you to check and give opinions on.
    This is not meant to be a critique on track making. I just want to know if I am the only one experiencing the issue.
    There seems to be a massive reduction in road surface grip at the two areas in question, though both can be negotiated and managed by lowering speeds below what should be allowable.
    The first area in question is at Mugello....specifically, the road surface immediately adjacent to the left pit wall on pit entry (right across from the first pit-box).
    It you come in at any speed and tap the brakes at that exact point, the car always want to 'spear' left into that wall.
    The car's momentum...along with its trajectory should in fact, keep it going straight...if not a bit to the right.
    Can a few of you please try braking at a slightly elevated speed at that point and post the result.
    The other area is at Spa, at the right-hand turn (Chicane or turn 19)....just prior to the left which takes you onto the Start/Finish.
    The car' rear-end almost always seems to want to over-rotate there.
    I can mask it by really reducing the speed prior to turn-in...but it does seem you have to carry unnaturally low speed to keep from over-rotating the car through loss of track grip.
    I look forward to your test results.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Very bright colors on sun-reflecting surfaces. Aug 11, 2019
    ACC General Discussions New surface @ Silverstone In 2019 Jan 20, 2019
    ACC Physics Track Surface Model - Grip Jan 2, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars BMW M6 floating above pit surface (Nurburgring) Nov 28, 2018
    General modding discussion Surfaces.ini link to track model Oct 23, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds system/data/surfaces.ini failed checksum May 29, 2018
    ACC General Discussions The Rain and The Wet Surfaces of ACC Feb 21, 2018
    General modding discussion Does physical surface mesh texture has an impact for grip ? Nov 6, 2017
    General modding discussion Wheels falling under surface after import Oct 11, 2017
    General modding discussion Mod car 3d model issue: invisible surfaces behind glass texture Sep 20, 2017
    General modding discussion What's the best way to make a glossy looking surface? Jun 7, 2017
    Bug reports Special Event Surface Condition May 30, 2017
    Bug reports Online track surface always the same May 27, 2017
    Console Lounge Track surface settings May 19, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Toyota Supra, interior reflects road surface Apr 23, 2017

3. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I know it's the same grip on these parts inside the tracklimit white lines, your "issues" comes from the bumps/elevation that is at those spots, especially the Spa chicane.