1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Slower drivers and crashes

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by John Caetano, Mar 9, 2019.

1. John Caetano

John Caetano Racer

This is exactly how I’ve been treating my recent experience. People leaving after crashes is more frustrating then those creating the crash. Get back on the track safely and keep the battle going even if you don’t end up in first place. Many think getting in the top 3 is the only point but many just enjoy the battles like myself...

2. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Now, where have I seen this type of discussion before?...

To me, the question would be: how could newer players to online simracing get help to their frustration?:
    FAQ? Consolidated info from thousands of threads like these? Or maybe just trust the rating system when it's fully implemented?

3. BoinkTheBeaver

BoinkTheBeaver Simracer

True, but there is a breaking point for everybody if this happens in every race. It is very frustrating if you cleanly lapped a car and suddenly it decides to rear end you in next braking (not braking).

4. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton Simracer

I don't do a lot of mp but if a am not keeping up i just let the faster ones pass and keep going.:)

Arlo and p.g.49 like this.
  5. OrganDonor

OrganDonor Racer

In real life also on the roads it's always the fault of the person behind. They should judge the breaking distances and always account for the car in front. E.g. in Le Mans - an LMP1 car couldn't complain that a GT car was slowing down too early and was at fault that the LMP1 car rear-ended it. They have to be ready for that.

Having said that - if you participate in qualification and are not overly fast then will probably be placed towards the end of the grid so should only have slower drivers (or drivers breaking at roughly the same distance as you) behind you.

True :D:
    Cars spin too easily imo. Such a light touch shouldn't have resulted in almost the end of the race if you're fighting for positions as it takes absolute ages to get back on the track after that.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    John Caetano and alec benfield like this.