1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Small wish: Add "press RMB to show/hide" into mouse_hider.ini

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShredatorFIN, Aug 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Because RMB isn't used in AC much (or at all?) at least not in this situation.

And because FFB shakes my desk, bringing up the mouse cursor all the time :D It's small thing, but would be nice to have this option. Or if some modder can do it somehow?

Usually the mouse cursor is useless anyway, because I always use same apps since forever now. If driving is stopped I press just ESC --> Exit to pits/Exit game or Ctrl+O to restart the offline race. Rarely I have need to change my apps during driving, but the cursor keeps popping up.

Could this be .ini option in mouse_hider.ini?

[SETTINGS]
    MOUSE_RMB_HIDESHOW=1 (0 by default)

Something like this maybe? Which would just override normal mouse hider. And in the pit menu and ESC menu cursor would always be shown. Then remember last setting, during driving. I've tried every possible mouse_hider.ini setting and I can't make it so, that cursor wouldn't pop up by FFB shaking the desk/mouse.

Edit: Or simply threshold value for minimal mouse movement, that would show cursor

EDIT 2: User Schnipp discovered solution to this! There seems to be keybind to show/hide mouse which is ctrl+F8. So you can rebind this into your mouse for example, with 3rd party mouse software. I don't know if this feature has been recently added, but I never knew about it. Assuming many others don't either. Too bad the thread got locked so many won't see this, but anyway solved my issue... I just rebind it into mouse middle button.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PlayStation 5 VR2 (PSVR2) Virtual Reality - Small talk, tech, pros & cons, your opinion, wishes? Nov 17, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Small wishes that would improve AC user comfort Apr 19, 2016
    ACC General Discussions Small question about time multiplier / offline Tuesday at 2:51 PM
    ACC Multiplayer Small bug in results JSON Feb 24, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione small update out now Jun 1, 2023
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Small excel tool to edit car physics Jan 15, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Small issues with driver names, flags May 20, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting small lags, stutter, microfreezes in offline mode Jun 28, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Small vr bug - skid mark rendering Mar 31, 2021
    Screens & Videos Suzuki Cappuccino: mod of the smallest sports car ever on Assetto Corsa Mar 7, 2021
    ACC Physics Smaller Increments for Brake Ducts Nov 15, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Fast falling visibility of small lights with increasing distance Jul 23, 2020
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Wheels too small when aligned by data May 15, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting In car menu very small! Apr 24, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Small screen to bright Mar 6, 2020

3. tkaczorek69

tkaczorek69 Gamer

Rotate your mouse on the back. Problem solved, without losing time of devs worth more than you paid for the game xD

4. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Unpractical. With triple screen it's just faster to move it to the furthest left/right edge of my displays. But you know what, that's unpractical too. Also this seems fairly small request, what you said could be said about any community wishes/suggestions/feedback about any game. But ok

Also might be more complicated to do than it sounds (which I'm 100% fine with), but that's up to devs to decide. Not you. Self proclaimed forum police / "stop pestering devs with your constructive ideas, look at me Dev i'm cooler than this guy cos I'm not asking anything" people make my head hurt

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    nate and Horus like this.
  5. tkaczorek69

tkaczorek69 Gamer

Fliping your mouse which takes about half a second is unpractical? This solutions have no flaws! Damn, it have compatibility with every sim on the market. :) I just can't understand how it is more practical for you to waste hour or maybe more with testing of dev work time for such minor feature, when they could work at for example to implement brake temps to more cars.

6. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

It is way faster to just quickly shove my mouse to the side, so cursor doesn't pop up in my direct vision and distract the eye while driving. What I've been doing past 3 years, and (very mildly) annoyed by it every time. Sure, if it would require lots of dev time, then it wouldn't be worth it. Again, I have no clue how hard this would be to implement, (nor you). To common man it sounds like few lines of code, recognize RMB keypress as trigger for hide/show, instead of timers, like now.

Also currently I play AMS, Dirt Rally, R3E and ETS, none of them have this issue. Cos they don't have overlay app system (which is a great, and quite unique thing), so why would they have mouse cursor popping up in driving view.

7. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

it was inevitable someone would say turn it on its back, i almost did!!
    Op could set up his rig in such a way that his mouse is isolated from the vibrations you've had 3 years to come up with a solution..

8. tkaczorek69

tkaczorek69 Gamer

Are you really annoyed that you have to move your cursor to the side? Think how annoyed must be @Lord Kunos when he read, that someone want him spend time because user is tired of moving mouse to the side once when he start driving. I really understand why Stefano sometimes gets angry on simracers.

9. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

I don't have space for simrigs, I race with my work desk. Pretty expensive/good desk, which is mainly for work use. However not sturdy enough to prevent T500 from vibrating it. Lowering DPI to minimal prevents it, but not very practical... timers in mouse_hider.ini aren't helping, you can speed up the vanishing of the cursor, but not increase movement threshold for it. (Having threshold minimal movement value would also do the job)

Also, it completely depends on how much work this would be.... improvements (or how reasonable they are) are not measured by the size of improvement, but work-improvement ratio.

10. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

A movement threshold before it appears would make much more sense.

xthenewkid and Horus like this.
  11. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Yeah it would, I thought SHOW_INTERVAL does that, but it doesn't

12. tkaczorek69

tkaczorek69 Gamer

Again, just flip it over, coursor won't move a single time. I am doing this, trust me.

13. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

So there's no possible way whatsoever that you yourself could come up with a way to isolate your mouse from vibrations? How do others that use a desk manage?
    Not trying to belittle your idea but it seems it'd be simple enough to solve that problem on your own end without having kunos code it into the game..

tkaczorek69 likes this.
  14. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

I have no clue.. but I've seen others complain about before this, not in this thread though. In a thread about mouse_hider.ini settings. It's a small thing, but I don't get annoyed/complain that easily and yeah it bothers me slightly tbh... I rarely even suggest any features on these forums, posted over 1600 messages and ones containing complaining/wishes are extremely rare, cos I hate negativity and the usual "the angry videogame nerd" type of rants (if you seen that from Conan O' Brien show). Usually I avoid wishlisting, especially cars/tracks type stuff. For example when some complain that some new car color isn't 100% right, or some dashboard knob has too low polygons (saw that one somewhere) I think ok who tf cares... or when people were complaining about the new HUD nametags, so many things where I just shake my head about things people complain about/pay attention to.

I really thought this would be good/cost effective idea, that some others with shaky desks have thought of too, but I guess it isn't then...

Jebus likes this.
  15. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Na man your idea is good, can see how it would be a pain. My replys were just initial reaction posts.. More options is never a bad thing..(unless it's pcars ffb, scoop knee anyone!!)

mms likes this.
  16. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

I don't understand why you guys get so upset by someone asking for a simple feature to be implemented. I would like to have it too because you're required to use the mouse with this game and having the cursor popping up into your face while racing is distracting. Yes, you can flip it over, but having a game option helping with that would be nice.

mms, xthenewkid, Poguinhas and 7 others like this.
  17. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

No one is upset man, you say it's simple to add this feature but it's also simple to set your mouse up so it doesn't get moved by vibrations..
    Nothing upset in that!!

18. Jebus

Jebus Alien

And yet you tagged him to make sure he will waste even more of his time (according to you) by checking why he was tagged? I'm pretty sure he is annoyed for people tagging him for such a bs reasons like yours.

19. tkaczorek69

tkaczorek69 Gamer

Yep, my bad, I'm sorry.

20. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Look guys, only reason I asked this is cos I thought it (might) be pretty easy to add. Not because it's super relevant, just nice to have when hotlapping, testing setups, restarting a lot for some other reason. In long race it's no big deal to flip/move your mouse

For example I would see much more useful the ability to switch AI aggression/level without leaving the track/offline session (like you can do in AMS). So you could adjust it, without having to reload all assets (cars/tracks/skins). But it sounds like more complex to add, because it doesn't really fit anywhere in current on-track UI. So that is why I've never asked for it

21. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

Also when you flip your mouse it might become prone to falling down from the table. Especially if you're using one of those rigs which usually have a rather small table for the mouse to sit on. My mouse's back is smooth, so it will likely slide off the table in a long race.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.