1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

[SOLVED] T500RS FFB gets stronger after PC restart

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by WallyM, Jan 22, 2018.

1. WallyM

WallyM Alien

My T500RS wheel is permanently connected to my PC. When I first turn the PC on, the FFB from the wheel is really strong - much stronger than normal. Then when I unplug the wheel and plug it back in, the wheel auto-calibrates, and then the FFB is back to its normal strength. Does anybody else have that?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting The UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close Line 95 [SOLVED] Feb 26, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting [SOLVED] Game not starting May 27, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Assist in CM? [SOLVED] Aug 18, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting [solved] Career progression lost (saved career desync from progression) Apr 4, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions [SOLVED] Adjust steering wheel center Dec 5, 2021
    ACC Physics Tyre pressure gets reset every lap [solved] Nov 28, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals [SOLVED]Can't use Arduino Leonardo as button box Feb 14, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions [Solved] I need help: Trying to build a decent Simracing PC (5760x1080@60) Dec 18, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos depth of field settings didnt effect the game [Solved] Jul 28, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting [SOLVED] AC2_Win64_Shipping kernel32 ntdll CAUSING CRASHES Apr 23, 2020
    ACC User Interface [SOLVED] Dashboard stuck mid-screen Mar 29, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer [Solved] Server won't read .cfg files Jan 30, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting [SOLVED] AC Start anything doesn't work anymore Dec 1, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds [SOLVED] How to use HTC Vive? Nov 26, 2017
    General modding discussion [SOLVED] Problem with "ks Tyres" material in AC editor and the cockpit mirrors reflection position Dec 21, 2016

3. colombianomd

colombianomd Racer

How are you measuring the torque values to prove the hypothesis?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

4. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Perhaps profile is not get loaded and it sets at 100%.

sissydriver likes this.
  5. WallyM

WallyM Alien

With my hands. You can feel the difference.

That must be it somehow. Replugging the wheel must force the driver or profile to load.

6. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Just in case anyone else has this behaviour - updating the driver and firmware to the latest versions fixed this. Now the wheel calibrates itself when the PC turns on.

Fat-Alfie and paul_wev like this.
  7. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Gamer

Hello,
    I've got same trouble with my T500RS, I think this could come from a Windows 10 update, as far as I can remenber…
    It's a calibration trouble, windows did not do it while starting as it did before.
    The only solution so far is to unplug the wheel and plug it back in before playing any game using your Thrustmaster wheel :mad: !

8. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Or possibly read the whole thread? :D

9. Gunja

Gunja Alien

I get that as well. I made a routine when i first start up my PC , i open TM control panel and slide force up or down, apply then set it back and apply again.
    I updated the firmware long time ago but reading this i checked and there's one update from this year. I'll update again but i wanted to ask before doing it, is there any other difference? I quite like how my wheel feels other than that startup bug and i wouldn't like that to change.

10. WallyM

WallyM Alien

It looks for me like the updated firmware didn't fix anything for me. Or it could be that a subsequent Windows update broke it again.

I'm just resigned to plugging the wheel in and out every time I turn the PC on.

LeDude83 likes this.
  11. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Been doing that since I have that wheel. Mainly because it's annoying that the calibration starts during boot and then stops again just to restart when Windows has loaded.

FFB wheels are always a "suspicion factor" for me - I've had it with several sims that all of a sudden and for no apparent reason the FFB changed, dramatically. It just happened with ACC on 0.1.x and I couldn't track it down. Back in pCars EA stage it would change very often and randomly so.

12. Gunja

Gunja Alien

I'm not gonna update then.
    I bought USB hub that has switches. I turn them all to off before shutting down and turn them on when PC is done booting up.
    PC boots up much quicker than with USB peripherals plugged in and it solves what you describe. I have my wheel, pedals and shifter plugged into it.
    I use this HUB from ebay. It works even without external power supply. I waited 3 weeks for it to arrive.
    LINK
    [​IMG]

13. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Wally, you're making me look bad, LOL. :D
    Sorry to hear you're having silly issues like this.

14. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Thanks but...urgh...external adapter gear ;-) That's really overkill for such a small problem and doesn't even make it much better. Re-plugging the connector isn't too hard - no big differnce to flipping a switch.

15. Gunja

Gunja Alien

Oculus takes 3 USB ports, mouse and keyboard 2 so that's 5. I also use extra mouse and keyboard when i sit in my rig, the pedals, shifter and the wheel. 9 in total and i have 8 on my PC.
    With this 5€ 3.0 USB HUB i don't need to crawl under my desk with a flashlight and unplug/plug 3 usb cables all the time. Just flipping accessible switches is much better for me.
    If i used only few USB's and my PC was placed so that the back side faces me (with all the cables sticking out and a huge fan blowing at me), i could perhaps agree it is an overkill.

WardogZ and chksix like this.
  16. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Gamer

Hello,
    I've same trouble with my T500RS.
    For me its due to Windows 10 lastest update, the 1803 as I can remember. When I start my pc, my wheel is not recognised by Windows 10 and it gets much stronger than normal and this in any simulation game.
    The only solution is to plug/unplug your wheel as you already do...

WallyM likes this.
  17. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

I've also had this issue for ages. I usually just unplug the USB cable and then plug it back in.

18. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Sounds as though Thrustmaster simply need to fix their device driver.
    Has it been reported to them?