1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Some Alien AI full race videos

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by martcerv, Jan 19, 2014.

1. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Just testing the AI no Aids only incar ABS if included and H-shifter if available.

Pretty good fun if you can match or better their pace they do the odd funky move and are slow in some spots but can be raced fairly clean and hard.

dottorfoggy likes this.
  2. Lol, i cannot finish a single lap on monza 'cause AI always find the way to pull me out of track -.-

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Monza is tricky you need to be pretty much committed all race and give them a bit of room and make as many spots as possible the firts lap and a bit. With the draft maybe more chance of catching the leader but also more chance of them catching you which is the scary bit.

I got to say that race at Silverstone is damn hard to beat those Mclarens, just tried hard and still couldnt get them. I got everyone else on the first few corners just had the Mclarens left. Chasing them hard doing pretty much PB each lap slowest 2.20.8 and fastest 2.20.2 though tyres were getting cooked. One of them lost it though Maggats, becketts Chappel big time and let me past then I kept on with the other guy but couldnt gain anything. The new slipstream helped as I gained on him but my tyres were cooking and so I ran out of grip each time I got closer through the last 2 turns and hed pull away again. He did almost identical times except his last lap was a slower 2:21, I may need to do something to find some time but they seem to have TC so they are quick on the gas.

I got closer once in Alien but think that was because one of them got the 5 second penalty so they both got held up but man thats not easy even on hard.

4. It's quite impossibile to beat mclaren i think, does anybody beat them?

5. Max Caputi

Max Caputi Gamer

3rd Place and good PB

6. Max Caputi

Max Caputi Gamer

I think second place is possible if you overtake the second MP4 within the two first laps... I could risk to overtake if i was not scared about collision effects.

7. Yeah, in this events it's really important the first two corners to take advantage. But i think i'm wrong, because it is obvious for me that i MUST get "alien" achievment, but it's not right. :oops:

8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Its fun enough just to hunt them down winning or not doesnt really matter, Im sure if you were dirty enough it would be quite doable easier but where is the fun in that. Quite interesting seeing the different cars up against each other the slower ones are kind of useless here as I get everything but the 458's and Mclarens before turn 1 too easily. Even the other 458's seem like another class to me as I easily outbreak them but they kill me at corner exits though we end up with similar laptimes at the end. If you take too long to get past them there is no chance of catching those Mclarens, I think I will try some custom full grid races here with just the same class cars.

9. Maybe decrease opponent strenght from race configuration before the "start", you can modify strenght. And, yes, i think we're talkin about the understeer problem of 458 during mid corner, ai car seem to not suffer this problem from mid to exit corner :D

10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I dont really need to win the race just enjoy the challenge of something a bit trickier. I have driven the 458 a bit and got it setup much better quite loose really but if you get sliding too much they overheat and you lose even more traction. Im sure turning down the ai level or using som aids it would be quite easy but I find easy fairly boring.

Since the quick race hack came up in this forum ive been trying a few other cars. Ai almost seems a little bit too predictable now I prefer the odd random move from them like the first builds. Some cars the ai cant drive at all but all the cars used in the special events can be raced on all tracks. Some others like the e92 s1 are pretty competitive so much better then just hot lapping for me.

Michele Papis likes this.
  11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I like how they all just moved out of your way there on the first lap at Vallelunga, saves a bit of hard work later on. I have been having a bit of fun with some other cars and track and some longer races.

Magione is not an easy place to pass in an M3 so its good fun to try and pick your way through, Vallelunga they take the hairpin crazy slow which makes it a little tricky. Still great for a first pass and to have someone else on track even if they are a little blind and slow.

Some cars though the AI hasn't found the steering wheel and they just go straigh, maybe thats the drag race AI code in there but fairly useless on a track. Id like to setup races with a bunch of similar spec cars or even just have a basic track day free practice with all sorts of different cars getting around. Especially once we get the Nords just dont think AC will handle that track and 50+ AI too well.