1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Some Anticipated it: Has Project Cars 2 killed AC on console?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by @P73, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Gysepy

Gysepy Gamer

I am not logged in just now but i believe i am running the following settings on the G920

I have Steering Sensitivity set between 70 and 75 and i also tend to lower the steering ratio for most cars in the setup screen to about 11:0:0 i think it is.

FFB: RAW
    Gain 100
    Volume 55
    Tone 55
    FX 25

The above gets tweaked per car but its a good start, i have AC like feeling with Most GT3 cars. I also have assists turned to full which allows me to switch off TC and SC and leave ABS on light, i think this is required in the GT3 Cars in PC2. I have also swapped out my G920 springs with the GTeye mod springs and the feeling is much much better.

2. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

So, after a month we can really start to answer this question I believe or at least have a clearer idea.

This is Steam statistcs which compares number of players online ( only for PC Version)

we can see a 8.6 % drop for Assetto

upload_2017-10-23_15-2-48.png

Project Cars 2 drop is almost 35 %

upload_2017-10-23_15-2-55.png

It would be nice to see the statistics for the console version but we can't unless someone knows how to do it.

The way I read this is that PC2 is not really affecting AC but... it is just a month...

MaxStrong01 likes this.
  3. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

Considering the limited numbers of information available it is anyway an objective analysis.

4. I think the PC version of PC2 is OK and light-years better than the Xbox one version. To me it look that SMS didn't have much interest in xb1 version.

Or how can it be that they released a version where can run with only 10 AI on track? If you take more FFB didn't work right. Or in longer races the wheel starting violently shaking?
    Assetto have problems too. But SMS denying every bug or say it runs by one fine so you're the reason..... The physics after the update are not better than before. After 1 km burning tyres. I'm really curious how and when they fix that stuff.

LeDude83 likes this.
  5. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

Mate, there is a reason why PS4 has beaten XB1 these years right? And yet we are still blaming the applications that run on the machine..

stefanoCasillo likes this.
  6. robbosr76

robbosr76 Gamer

Pcars2 isn't a problem to Assetto Corsa. But GTSport is, everyone I race online with has gone to GTSport :(

7. Okay and that gave SMS the right to throw out a game on the market that's not playable as the description promised. SMS done this in the past and they will done it in the future. They said they put the best out of every Plattform and that's isn't true. That's why they don't showing a Xbox version pre release. The graphics on some tracks (mainly the new ones) in pcars and mainly shadows and Antialiasing is Xbox 360 level. To me it look they gave nothing about Xbox one and want only take the money from Xbox players. I can't imagine that they will fix this game.
    And no excuse nothing. The opposite is the case. Again they blaiming customer when they criticize the game. Or say set tyre to off than the burning tyres didn't affected you..... Seriously ....For that I didn't buy a so called racesim. I'm not a dev but that game have issues on all sides.

@P73 and LeDude83 like this.
  8. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

I understand your frustration, the reality is the xbox1 is not good for racing game and it has always been behind.

I would suggest you to trade yours back for the xbox1x that would probably kick the b..tt at ps4..

9. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

GT has really good lobby system. Kunos should imitate it for their next game if possible.
    The lobbies on PS4 seam to be as active as ever, maybe slightly decreased.

Some on mine have too, but GTS has just come out so you'd expect it. It's also true that on my friends list a couple have gone back to AC after just a few days, and another just bought AC after one week on GTS. I think many will get bored of GTS once the shine has worn off the graphics.

Amazon reviews show that many aren't happy with GTS and that is no surprise as most racers play offline not online.

LeDude83 likes this.
  10. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Remember guys, PC and console versions of Assetto are very different. PC and console versions of PCars 2 are almost identical. In PC Assetto is a much, much stronger product so is normal that in PC PCars2 struggles more. Not to mention that PC is simracing realm.

The situations on every platform are very different (also GT and Forza are now very different products), so the data on PC can not be transposed to all platforms combined.

----
    edit:

About GTS, is not graphics alone. I played the demo and it's a fantastic game, even when I couldn't get any clean races on the Sport Mode because I couldn't scape from B safety rating (you start with that rating). The career is very promissing. The AI is not good, but the races have been well prepared. Sure is not pure racing, but it's fun, lots of fun.

The photomode is brutal and the livery mode is very powerful and if they finally add the possibility to add pictures from your PC will be fantastic.

If the Sport mode works, it's a enormous game.

Why people dont like it? Because it has killed the classic GT game. That's all. Most of the people that played GT dont like racing. They like collecting cars.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  11. Mad Dog Pagan

Mad Dog Pagan Rookie

WOW! PC elitism here in the console section! How unsurprising. My question is why both AC AND PC2 treat console fans so poorly. I probably paid more for AC than the pc version and yet dlc trails months behind pc release dates as well as patches. Worse, unlike Bethesda who actually gave us mods from the pc versions of their games AC did not even try or bother. The response to Bethesda has been overwhelming. I have raced on pc and xbone and the passion for good racing is the same on both. I assure you my wheels and pedals work on both and are top of the line. I eagerly await Fanatecs direct drive xbone wheel. AC in my mind is no better than PC2 on consoles as far as sims go but WMD sure has been patching it quickly on consoles and in the same time frame as pc's. In my opinion WMD wins in the console support against AC who doesn't seem to care. Again, my opinion but PC2 wipes the floor with AC in the variety of cars and sheer number of tracks available and AC has had years to fix this but hasn't. Console mods could have fixed this. As far as physics the two of them are vastly different in philosophy and implementation and as a former Group C GTP owner neither has nailed it yet. I cut my racing teeth on World Circuit with a CH flying yoke and rudder pedals and honed them on Grand Prix Legends and moved on to Simbin games and have continued on. Both AC and PC2 games are the best of the best there are.

12. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

To be fair to all the racing games on Xbox, AC PCars 2 and forza 7. They all have one thing in common. They all have save issues, all suffer from major frame drops and all have bugs.
    I love my racing/sim games have tx wheel and at the moment I’m fed up of games that don’t work as they should.
    I haven’t even loaded up AC after the first day of last patch, to find my game reset to Day 1 after a year was shocking. Then to restart the special events, the frame rate of the race ones was awful. So I will be trying again when I get a Xbox x. Not interested in pc gaming, it’s not for me.

13. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I thought the livery editor was great and loved it. The photomode I'm not that fond of because I feel they focused on it too much rather than things that made sense, like ovals that have proper cars to race on them, and non butter smooth surfaces. I'm a fan of photomode but as a photographer hobbyist I have no real interest in taking photos of someone else's photos. They're only useful to me to show off my liveries.

Here's why I don't like GTS. To put it simply, I think it sucks. I thought GT5 sucked ( loved GT 1,2,3,4) but I still enjoyed parts of it. I thought GT6 sucked more and the only thing I was looking forward to came out 2 years after release and nothing like the way Kaz claimed ( course maker). He's a straight up bull****ter.

GTS felt no different to GT6, uninspiring. The issues I've had for the last 10 years are still there. Dark cockpits, really really dark, really dark roads when driving into the sun . Being forced to drive in a different view because of it, so I choose hood view, only to find good view is on the damn roof. Wtf is PDI's problem with logic? Ridiculously smooth surfaces. Uneventful cockpit view, very static, hit a wall and all you get is a "DONK" and no camera movement whatsoever. The whole experience feels like Miss Daisys Chauffeur is driving the car.

Then there's the sounds. They've improved, but they're still garbage, the backfire sounds nice, but its copy pasted across every car ( do all cars have the same back fire sound and patter Kaz? ). The tranny noise in race cars is an extremely annoying sound, it has no depth to it just like the whole audio package, and again it is copy pasted across all cars ( really Kaz? All race cars also have the same tranny whine?). The sounds in the replay aren't even the same sounds as in game, it seams dubbed.

The track list sucks, 6 real world tracks, all butter smooth except the ring. 3 crappy ovals, with butter smooth surfaces and no appropriate cars to race on them. GR.3 is PDI's idea of oval racing. A crappy Tokyo expressway, just what an esport game needs. Crappy rally tracks with crappy rally physics, which isn't neither Rally, nor Rally cross. WTF is it? It's crappy, that's what it is. Other garbage fantasy tracks bar 1 or 2.

Sport mode: getting penaltis for getting hit from behind, people gaming the flawed system, particularly on the oval. Ghosting, yes it disappears the higher ranked yo get. I don't want to wait for that. I don't want to set up my own lobby so I can disable it and wait for my lobby to fill. My mates want to race, but they want it easy, auto, full aids, ghosting. F that.

Nothing to do offline once you've proved that after 19 years of GT, yes I can drive 100 meters in a straight line full throttle. Yes I can drive 10o meters then slam on my breaks. Once I've done that and recovered from cold turkey because I got addicted to the excitement, there's nothing to do. Instead of improving the crap AI, the crap career mode, nope we will just scrap it then make a video telling GT fans to stop being kids and get on the GTsport model.

Phyics: SUCK! Is it trying to be an arcade game? Is it trying to be a SIM? No, its trying to cater to the casual, whilst making them believe it's a hardcore sim and that they really are driving gods. And it gets both wrong. The physics aren't arcade fun, and they aren't SIM enjoyable. I didn't enjoy Driveclub physics much, but playing it after GTS made me appreciate that it does its job correctly and doesn't pretend to be anything else.

Car list: SUCKS BALLS! Oooh you just were awarded this dog**** Mitsubishi GT Vision car that looks, sounds and drives like ****! Guess what PDI, I don't want that GT vision, or any other GT vision that looks, drives and sounds like **** that you forced your toilet cleaners to design. The arcade physics really show on these cars.

3 ferraris, a LaFa, a 458 GT3, a 458 GR,4 which is meant to be GT4, which doesn't exist. This is repeated across the brand's. A Bugatti, a Megane, and an Audi TT cup car mixed into GR.3 ( GT3). Hey GT fans, we have the FIA licence, but screw the FIA's stupid regulations.

And what of futer content to make the game more appetizing? Who would can take these jokers word on anything? Frankly this is a pathetic product from a company that had access to the PS4 before anyone else, have almost bottomless pockets, don't have the pressures of other devs, and ended up releasing a console launch title, 4 years after the console launched.

Anyway, there was a reason I don't like the game but can't remember the reason.

LeDude83, robbosr76 and Silvio-zgb like this.
  14. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Im not agree with:
    -Sport mode: with an automatized system it's almost impossible to determinate who has the fault in a crash. Both drivers have to be penalized. In Iracing, the heaven of simracing, works like that.
    The problem for me, if it has not changed in the final version, is that every person starts in B. B it's a middle sportmanship rating (S A B C D...), so it's very difficult to get higher rating. And it's even more difficult because you start with all the d*ckheads. In PCars2 the safety rating or whatever, works great. Probably because you start in the lowest rating, so you start with all the rammers but it's easier to go up because you are in the lowest rating. When you go up, it will be harder to get higher ratings, but in the other hand it will be easier to get clean races because you will race with cleaner people.

-Physics: physics in a racing game are never a problem for me (and that they are in the middle of sim or arcade, is less problem for me); force feedback and pad control is what make them enjoyble or not. FFB is not very good, but neither bad. Is just Ok.

Im agree with the rest of the things. All the problems are there: the AI, the sounds, the collision physics, the crappy car list, the track list... But every game it's enjoyble if you find the gap for it.
    -Career mode is very enjoyble, because all the tests have been thought so you will have to really concentrate to win. From a racing or motorsport point of view they have no sense (braking tests, endurance racing starting from last where you go 10 seconds faster than the rest), but they test yourself and they give you a very satisfying sensation of accomplishment. Even the braking tests, there was one that I really strugle to win and I managed finally to do it by reducing the gap between throttle and braking.
    -Sport mode: again, if it works, it can make the game endless.
    -Photo mode: Im not a fun of it, but the ability to create almost photorealistic pictures it's quite something. Although I will avoid all WTF places like museum or shoping centers. A car must be on the road or a track. And if it is possible, mooving.

From a car enthusiast point of view the game is just disgraceful. But from the gaming point of view, it's very good: it oozes fun.

15. robbosr76

robbosr76 Gamer

Brilliant... Brilliant so beautifully put fair play

16. Silvio-zgb

Silvio-zgb Gamer

17. Silvio-zgb

Silvio-zgb Gamer

Agree 100% with you. GT**** is really sucks, but i ask my self why so much people buyin it. They **** on every little bug or mystake in AC or PC2 and this **** of GTS is perfect for them.

MaxStrong01 likes this.
  18. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

I might be in the minority here but I really like the physics and ffb in GT sport, and it doesn't really feel arcade to me at all.

In fact, I find the physics and ffb in GT Sport to be quite reminiscent of asseto corsa, except the tyre model in GT sport is a lot more progressive than in AC so it's easier to catch slides and you have a lot more confidence to really push the cars to the limit and beyond.

The ffb is also quite similar to AC except it offers a lot less feel for the typography of the tracks. Otherwise it feels really good to me as it has good weight and it communicates,the suspension/weight transfer and tyre slip really well. In fact the chattering effect when understeering is quite similar to AC.

All in all the cars in GT sport actually feel really convincing to me and it's more than enough for me in terms of suspending disbelief and making me completely immersed in the experience, which I think it's what it's all about.

Daz730 and Traks1 like this.
  19. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

How is the FFB compared to Assetto?
    Sorry i did not read properly the post.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  20. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Here i let what i think in my opinion is the best review of the GT Sport game.

Traks1 likes this.