1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Some constructive comments after hours of racing

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by 911Fan, Jan 25, 2019.

1. 911Fan

911Fan Rookie

Thought I´d share some constructive feedback after many hours of racing with builds .4 and .5.
    Kunos you are doing a marvellous job really!! Here´s bugs I encountered:

Performance difference of AI is still much too high. I raced 30mins at 98 level AI: 1st Lambo, 2nd me +10s, 3rd +30s, 4th to 12th driver +60s (all of them within 4 seconds). Should be a bit closer. I like the really high aggressiveness of AI very much.

Engine sound in external view is too low compared to internal sound - especially with many AI cars around, you are hardly able to hear your own car's sound in external view (btw the downshift sounds are just amazing!)

Some AI cars never make it out of a crash scene and will stay sitting on their spot for the rest of the race, e.g. at the 1st chicane at Zolder, causing constant yellow/green flags. Maybe automatically pit cars that have not moved for x minutes

At least for me, the pit crews all wear the exact same overalls and your own pit box is not marked with any sign, any color, or someone waving with the lollipop etc. So, when pitting together with a big group of cars I have sometimes missed my pit box and hence always had to quit. This should be an easy fix.

We are not able to choose starting time for endurance races. That should really be possible, because you made night races so freaking enjoyable and realistic in ACC.

After spinning, cars are still really undrivable, especially Ferrari. Even after a low-speed spin and staying completely on the tarmac - not hitting the grass or so - the car becomes practically un-controllable, causing further spins and ultimately frustration. It's great that you "punish" people for spinning, but having watched Blancpain series races real-life an online, here you have overdone it. Should be a bit easier to control car after spin.

Players who joined in build .4 seem to suffer from their names not being shown in Leaderboards. I am e.g. 8th fastest in Zolder but shown as "anonymous", others have reported the same.

Rating system seems to need some finetuning (though I absolutely love the system and how complex it is - again great job!!): e.g. consistency rating is never changing for me after it had stabilized at around 80. I can drive a real bad race with spins and zero clean laps, or I can drive a 60mins race winning with nearly every lap "clean" and fast - the rating just doesn't change anymore. Similar btw for racecraft. I would assume that my rating would go down after a really "bad" race, e.g. spun couple of times or even being lapped (e.g. because of missed pit box, see above), but even in such races the racecraft rating increases further after a couple of overtakes.

Please take at constructive comments and I apologize if some things have been reported before and are already being worked on. Please continue with your awesome work to develop this into the perfect GT3 racing sim.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Issue Thread - Constructive Comments Only Sep 14, 2018
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Trying to provide constructive Feedback to Kunos ACC on PS4 Bugs Jun 27, 2020
    Physics Bugs & Issues Why the Gallardo doesn't slides? (No Whining / Only constructive posts) Apr 1, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Ok what DONT we like with AC (constructive criticism only ) Dec 19, 2013
    ACC General Discussions Engineer comments in Spanish? Apr 28, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Positive Comments. Feb 21, 2018
    Console Lounge An AC Pre-order Customer and comments on Ultimate Edition and Console Support Feb 18, 2018
    Console Lounge Ferrari SF15-T Question and Comments Jan 11, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Porsche Pack 1 Comments.... Oct 25, 2016
    Screens & Videos Well i said the in comments and i gonna post it! the bloopers! Oct 27, 2015
    Chit Chat Room René rast and his great comments about pcars Oct 1, 2014