1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Sooo...Supported wheels PS4 / No Fanatec

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by boskapongen, Aug 19, 2016.

1. This thing exists and is the Cronusmax (see above)

2. pavano

pavano Simracer

no, it's not. This is something I'd have to buy (and I'm definitely not throwing any more money into PS4/Fanatec), and it'll probably introduce a lag. To me, that's not a solution, cause it's again just on my, the customer's, back.

3. Well I have no other solution for you, sorry...
    Except moving to PC which is the solution I have chosen. CM will just be a transition before I can afford the expense. CM is a third party unrelated to Fanatec or Sony, so I don't mind giving them my money.
    Note that I am as much pissed off as you but I am realistic. Sony won't change their mind and Fanatec will follow.

4. Blue_Pikmin

Blue_Pikmin Rookie

Abbey Raod NW8 likes this.
  5. pavano

pavano Simracer

I've no illusions. I'm already on PC, but for racing with some of my buddies I've got a PS4, which I'll use for Pcars as long as my PS+ continues. But I'm surely not buying anything. I'd've bought AC for PS4 as well, but I wont now.

6. RSP_Figuur84

RSP_Figuur84 Gamer

While I almost bought the CSW2 a month or 2 ago, I decided to wait. Then the problems came when F1 came out, and I from then on was afraid of buying it. Today I decided to not buy Fanatec, but I bought a T300 alcantara edition, with T3pa-pro and shifter. The money I 'saved' with that I have now spend on a Rseat RS1 which I bought now too. Too bad for Fanatec (still would love to have the csw2 instead of t300), but there is no compatibility whatsoever now with ps4.

Maybe in the future when everything is clears out and have some new savings, but I'm done waiting. I'm really happy atm with the gear I have now.

I feel the most sorry for the people who already own a csw2.

7. Raikku

Raikku Racer

Somebody who has decent programming skills should do a crack for Fanatec and PS4's systems to get CSW v2 working, it can't be too hard to person who knows what to do.
    I could(I guess many others too) pay a little for hack like that. Of course BIG finger to Sony's direction, while I'm not going to sell my PS4, hopefully I don't ever see any Sony's personnel
    in dark street...

boskapongen likes this.
  8. 1960sfast

1960sfast Rookie

I skimmed over this thread after i almost preordering this game. I remember this issue when dirtrally was coming out. In the intial press release from fanatec was to suppose to be only sony officially lisensed products thats cant officially list compatibility say like gt. So the titles came out before this like pcars all wheels work and all buttons, dirtrally only some buttons. The titles after the wheels are suppose to work, button might not(use ps controller) but they just cant advertise is what im getting at unless things changed. So if Ac isnt out yet did anyone actually try it ps4, cuz i might...

9. Blue_Pikmin

Blue_Pikmin Rookie

AC is out in Europe^^
    AC PS4 1.01 does not work, without Patch 1.0 was working fine.

10. 1960sfast

1960sfast Rookie

on another thread drogoula suggested just playing offline and not updating which is still lame but might work for now, thats some bs though, im courious if vr46 lets me use csw considering its same game as slre which does, but vr46 def came out after all these licensing stuff. ill have to try.

I looked at the csl stuff and its not as good as csw v2 v3 pedalsl but much cheaper and nows its pc and xb1 still no ps4,so im personally still not buying into anymore fanatec tech stuff for lack of customer support, i spent almost 2k alone in fanatec hardware and the wheels are not quick change because you still need the locking bolt intalled with locktite setup inorder to not break connectivity of hub....needless to say ive been using one wheel long time which is bs cuz i like to use 918 wheel in fancy pcars, switch out for dirtrally the rally rim, but oh wait i need to then change how i connect the csw and pedals to ps. Which is annoying cuz i then had to get on my back with flashlight unplug pedals from base as well.....
    i shoulda had a pc with trip monitors by now, but i lost my job ,so itll be a while but im definetly going pc route to avoid these lisences. Which as stated by fiyahlinx is why we went this route in first place consideriung ps was compatible with pc(like that on my shatty g29 too) because its not microsoft program. Now sony sees dollar signs in this and got on board. greed runs deep

11. TM-BI

TM-BI Rookie

SONY read all this? Do you?

Your decision is destroying friendships, (racing) communities...why? Just to catch some more money?
    I guess it will redound on you.

Everyone here is (or has been) happy with AC on the PS4 - but now you can read hundreds of comments on different international forums and blogs, written by customers of SONY and fanatec who are p.ss.d o.f about your silly looking company politics that hit them last week. Over two years after PS4 release.

This ****storm is following SONY now since the PS4 is on the market. Now it´s all over now?!
    Or IS IT 4 the players??? IS IT?

12. boskapongen

boskapongen Gamer

I still haven´t got my refund for the Pre-Order still. Called Sony and they said they are gonna pay me back but not when?!
    Before you didn´t have to pay pre-orders until it was released, suddenly this is changed aswell.

13. 1960sfast

1960sfast Rookie

Wow i didnt know that. I was at gamestop and they just lowered trade in value of ps4 from 200 to 150

guess the industry figures you'll just get feed up on the return stall and theyll give ya credit for another ps game.....hope not though

14. TM-BI

TM-BI Rookie

Hi Guys,

I just have had an new chat with FANATEC Customer-Support a couple of hours ago.
    Here´s the results for now:

1. They confirm that (at this stage) all formerly sold CSW will not work with new racing-games on the PS4 - and that might not even change in the future.
    2. They can not confirm any Product for PS4-use until contracts with SONY will be signed.
    3. There is a statement of FANATECs CEO Thomas Jackermeier that confirms No. 1. "no CSW will ever work again with PS4".
    4. ...but remind this: No contract with SONY is signed yet. There still is a very, very small chance that...

The Fanatec-Support really has been very friendly and polite. They understand that their customers are not happy at all about SONY´s decision changing.
    Now I am not sure any longer if it is okay to blame Fanatec (that is a small company where the CEO himself is discussing with customers on their own forum).
    All what has happened seems to be a tactical warfare against some of the smaller Sim-Wheel-Producers who do not have any chance to fight against those big Players like for example Guillemont.....

I decided to wait until Fanatec has signed a contract with SONY and then I will buy what I need. I will keep as Fanatec-Customer.
    Everyone who has discovered the high quality and innovation of their Products should follow me.

It will be no problem to resell your CSW to XBOX or PC Users - and then you just buy the CSL-Base. I guess no one will lose much money at the end of this story, do you do?

With kind regards from Germany
    Tobias

scuffinger and boskapongen like this.
  15. Cabriojoschy

Cabriojoschy Rookie

The main problem is, that I don´t want to make a step down. A CSL base is maybe a good piece but in the end it is only Club Sport Light.
    I would consider buying a CSW V2 PS4 edition which is only compatible with PS4 and PC if they would release it.
    Let´s hope for a solution like PS4 Hub or Rim, even when it is highly unlikely...

16. TM-BI

TM-BI Rookie

@Cabriojoschy

The new CSL-Base that has been introduced right now should be better than an CSW v1, Fanatec pronounced...
    If you look on the CSL-Set for xBox you will discover that the decreased functionallity might be done on purpose for upcoming eSports.
    This also might be the reason why the CSWs will not become compatible with the PS4 again. They need to get proof that the entrants of eSport events like with Assetto Corsa or GT-Sport, fight with similar equipment. Wheels with which you can adjust FFB and more while driving are tools people can use to cheat.

So finally I agree with SONY on this - but I would have worked out another solution that truly should be possible.

I want to fight with people on the track instead of endless discussions about "what FFB-Tweak-Setting did you use"? "Did you honestly tell us the truth?"
    Eliminating the doubts in Simracing is the best that can happen - and consoles like the PS4 or XBOX will be the only Systems to guarantee fair racing for everyone.

Regards
    Tobias

17. 1960sfast

1960sfast Rookie

im with ya on that cabrio once i went from new shortly after broken logitech g29 to a csw v2 i knew id never use the g29 again

TM-BI i respectivly disagree as i race in real life as well. And it's all about who's got what and how it tweaked. Thats the fun and challenge of racing for most. unless your a fancy spoiled racecar driver that doesnt get hands dirty. But for us poor boy one man bands its all one big part of the process....besides if that was case no one should be aloud to make changes to in car settings. Or like last year i broke my hand and had to turn down ffb setting to an almost disadvantage inorder to go ahead and pratice. So i hope this is just another rumor.

In the end for me ill end putting my logitech g29 once hanress is fixed on ps4 single monitor race rig for quickys and put fanatec gear eventually on a triple monitor setup.
    whata sham.....sony is definetly hanging around apple too much

boskapongen likes this.
  18. pavano

pavano Simracer

How can you agree when you don't even know what Sony has in mind???
    They definitely are not in it for the players ... LOL

UntrainedN00B01 likes this.
  19. Cabriojoschy

Cabriojoschy Rookie

@TM-BI

Sorry but I completely disagree. When it comes to e-sports in simracing I see iracing far infront of anything that a console can deliver. And when I look at the announced GT-Sport I can´t imagine that we´re getting something near a sim. (I played all parts so far but compared with PCars or Asset Corsa they just look like acarde games). And for those games it really does not matter if you have options on you wheel or not. (Do you really believe that e-sports racing will come to console?) Next thing is that Thrustmaster produces the official wheel for GT-S, so I don´t see a usage of Fanatec products on official events.

I own a BMW M4 and there you can also choose different steering forces, but driving in Sport+ does not automatically mean that you drive faster. In the end steering wheel forces are always a matter of taste.

Sad story that we only can wait for a solution, playing without day-1 patch at the moment. Cronusmax already on order...

20. TM-BI

TM-BI Rookie

I said that I agree on the fact that they (SONY) probably want to disable players to switch FFB and other parameters on the wheel while driving.
    I still do not agree on the facht how! they want to reach this goal.

And, as someone who also did some real life racing in the past and endurance Sim-Racing since several years, I got fed up by all those FFB-Tweak-Junkies who put their Wheel-Input on levels far away from real-life...if I want Kiddy-Stuff, I´ll go and buy me a T80 and NFS...

Finally I did not talk about "Setup-Building" which is mandatory for successful racing. FFB-Tweaking is not a part of the physical car Setup.

Regards