1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Sorry to say: refund requested on Steam

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by ..LeRenard!, Jun 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dude, I know it must be frustrating, but just give the devs a bit more time. Your "I would be sacked if I was this bad" type posts aren't helpful.

You know you're not going to get a refund, so please give them a bit of time and space to work on the issues.

You've done the right thing by reporting the bug, but this thread does nothing but irritate people and the devs.

Coanda, LeDude83 and Son like this.
  2. ..LeRenard!

..LeRenard! Racer

All I'm trying to say now is
    A) better communication on what the issues are/what's being worked on (because other than not starting up there's more issues that affect other users)
    B) if everyone stopped replying, blaming a customer then this thread wouldn't be so big ;)

3. They're a team of 25(ish) people. They're trying to fix their game. You can't expect them to respond to each individual.

I realise there's a bigger picture/debate at hand here in terms of claims they've put the game out too early with too many bugs. That's fair enough and that debate has raged on across these forums, but moaning in this manner about your own individual problem and alleged lack of feedback isn't going to help anyone.

This thread is so big because I think many of us believe you're being unreasonable and we want to try and make you aware of this.

Please try to be patient.

chksix, Coanda and Son like this.
  4. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Aw man, people just love the attention, don't they? Why not just going ahead with your refund?? Why the need to share the oh to big news? Who cares? People refund games on Steam every day. You are not special and none of us really care, sorry to say.

chksix, eracerhead, LeDude83 and 2 others like this.
  5. ..LeRenard!

..LeRenard! Racer

I don't expect individual replies. How many times do I have to say this??
    You keep this thread alive because you all don't read what I'm saying, "better communication" != "individual reply to my thread". I never said that. I also never said I wanted a fix ASAP. Read above, I'm repeating myself here twenty times.

On top of that I'm helping out others to find the "crash" or "log" folders, in stead of pissing here on my reaction, go and help others.

6. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Then why did you start the pissing with announcing big and wide that you requested a refund? Why not just keeping it professional and try to work with others here on a solution? If you make your thread about you getting the refund, what do you expect?? You come across as an entitled whiny guy. I am sure you are not, but this opening post gives exactly the impression.

chksix, Coanda, LeDude83 and 3 others like this.
  7. surtic86

surtic86 Racer

I can absolutely understand your Concerns and share them.

The Communication is not as good as it can be. But sadly it't kind of a Game Developer / Company Standard.... as bad as Possible. But then there is Kunos a bit better because we can often Talk directly to the Devs.

Also the Issue Management on the Forum is worse... never seen so many Duplicate Post open like this in a Forum. It would be good to have some Guys cleaning this Mess more Up to also see the Real Problems of the Games. Just look at the VR Forum. There are X Threads about one Problem posted first when 0.2 hit the Game and last when 1.0 got it. Get some People from the Community to help on this for each Sub Forum Category to help out. Especially after such a Messy Release.

..LeRenard! and f.e.negroni like this.
  8. ..LeRenard!

..LeRenard! Racer

I agree - partially. I guess it was because I was fed up with all the issues and lack of communication.

So, I made sure to edit the post, see initial first post, it's edited now. I hope someone takes care of this as there is no management on this forum it seems, they need to hire someone (for long term good of their reputation) that handles this. If you open a support forum people expect certain things...

Last, I did stay and try to help people out on Steam forums and here to sort out their issues.

th3o likes this.
  9. A-Jin

A-Jin Racer

I don't think steam will refund this after this much time.
    I can suggest you reinstalling whole game and check your pc drivers etc.

10. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

Renard ?
    Have you tried erasing all left-overs (docs + appdata local) from older versions and re-installing from scratch ?
    Had the same issue in EA Beta once, ripped the game out of the PC, cleaned out all of its aftermath , reinstalled et voilá !
    It worked again .

Since then I make it a point whenever an update is out to follow that procedure .

I hope this helps .

P.S.: Give KS some time, they are literally drowning in logs right now, so it´s kinda hard for them to communicate all issues but in the end these people deliver .
    Why do I know that ?
    I´ve been there when the Apocalypse broke out, errr I mean when AC1 was released as 1.0 … it had bugs, issues, some culled features etc .
    BUT(T) !
    In the end KS delivered .

th3o likes this.
  11. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

I suggest you discuss this momentous decision and its implications with your legal people and not with random people on this forum.

chksix, Coanda and LeDude83 like this.
  12. ..LeRenard!

..LeRenard! Racer

I understand, thanks for the help. I tried all of that, I really did.
    If it happened in AC 1.0 then they should've learned and hire someone to manage the community better. It's never good for the devs to live and read these messages. It's always better to communicate - even if you're drowning. Give status updates. Simple as that. Silent days are always kind of bad and create frustration on both sides. That's my main issue - because now the game is getting tons of bad reviews. That can be managed when communicating in a more regular and open way.
    See my "edit" in the original first post of this thread.

13. Rioku

Rioku Racer

14. chakko

chakko Alien

I still hail from times where you couldn't communicate with any developer via the internet. And, from a time where much more simple, and less complex games already had a lot of bugs. And, from a time, where you couldn't just give the game back, and get a refund. Do you actually realize in what a paradise we are living these days, compared to that? I don't think so.

And, why are you complaining to us anyway? Send a mail to the developers.

15. You don't want a personal reply but you want a better communication on your issue, excuse me but I don't see the difference..., as many have said, kunos are already working on fixes and maybe they don't have seen your post yet, give them more time..

16. Wolf WolfZ

Wolf WolfZ Gamer

I think he Raises a fair complaint in a respectful manner , I personally wouldn't do it , but He has a right to his opinion. If I'm not happy just move on to another game , I don't think Devs care for 1 individual probs when 70% customer is happy including my self. Cheers

17. Strawberry

Strawberry Racer

Not everyone likes talking everything to death. You obviously do, as you have mentioned your perception that communication has been poor in 12 separate posts in this thread - or all but 2 of them. Do you think repeating what is upsetting you ad infinitum is helpful? Do you think we didn't hear you the first 11 times?

Some people feel that once you say something, there's no reason to say it again, and the devs have already said they are working non-stop to fix the crashes which are their highest priority.

chksix and LeDude83 like this.
  18. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

What should they say in a daily update, "today we were at work!"? If they were pushing patches every month I guess they could say what they managed to fix but since they are pushing patches as soon as those are ready the only comunication needed are the patch notes.

19. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

The original issue is probably linked to the fact that you have ancient video drivers, would be recommended to wipe them and install more recent ones. Otherwise the logs didn't say much, as explained in the original report thread.

We can't respond to every single user report. Just because we don't reply, doesn't mean we don't see or investigate issues.

Closing this.

isma_c_r, MTv, ctnich and 18 others like this.