1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

REPORTED! Sound issues

Discussion in 'Bug reports' started by Donnced2, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Hi

Since launch there's an annoying sound issue on PS4

In the main menu, career menu, before you begin an event the music sounds in stereo.
    When you exit the event.. The music sounds only trough one chanel...it chance between entering events / races..

Also sound issues on track... Turbo Sound isn't fixed.. Sounds like dumped down.

When you go on a curb...The engine sound volume dumps down.

All those issues are easily audible with stereo headphones

Please Luca...take an look into this

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XB SX Massive sound issues Feb 23, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Stutter / micro Lags and sound issues after driver swap Jul 10, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Crashes, sound issues Mar 4, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Sound and graphics issues since 0.2.1 hotfix Oct 17, 2018
    Audio Bugs & Issues Japanese Pack sound issues (low volume when coasting/ off throttle) Apr 23, 2017
    Sounds modding Soundmod issues -Help Jun 30, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues Sound issues Dec 18, 2015
    Audio Bugs & Issues Ambient and passing car sound issues. Oct 9, 2015
    Sounds modding sound issues Apr 16, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Sound reverb everywhere AC Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Audio Jaguar G3 - Engine Sound issue Feb 25, 2024
    ACC Audio AMG GT2 Interior Sound Jan 30, 2024
    General modding discussion Sound in traffic Oct 24, 2023
    Audio Bugs & Issues Sound doesn't work on my speakers Jun 25, 2023
    ACC Audio Sound doesn't work on my speakers Jun 22, 2023

3. Ravellron

Ravellron Racer

Its a common issue, not a news

4. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

I now.... I've been reporting it since the 26th August 2016 (launch day)...
    And now report it on the new bug report tread....And will report it back all the times needed till it's fixed o that i now the devs are aware and working on it ;)

5. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

i've asked luca and he said he's going to look into the supra turbo sound (on PC = loud and clear, on consoles = low volume).
    afaik, the rx7 is also missing the turbo whistles after 1.09 (fmod update), right ?

paul_wev and Donnced2 like this.
  6. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I've noticed a lot the sounds becoming muted when going over curbs when using headphones. Quite an emersion breaker.

Donnced2 likes this.
  7. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Any news regarding those audio issues? I fear something went wrong with the FMOD update's transition on consoles.
    As the audio engineer said, the reverb sounds were removed due to compatibility issues (remember how bad they were in 1.09?), so we know for certain that there were already some problems / limits Kunos had to deal with.

DatNoiseV12 likes this.
  8. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

I made a quick vid to compare it with the pc version
    PS4

PC

On board starts at 5 : 21

to me the sound seems to in the background instead of being loud and clear.

ZX636, Reinart86 and Donnced2 like this.
  9. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

any news regarding this issue, please ? @AC Support

10. mrsauce

mrsauce Gamer

Hi,
    there are sound problem also on the other cars.
    I hope that these problems they will be solved, but.....but.....I don't have much hopes.
    Did you send this issue through the bug reports?
    That is the only thing that we can do.

11. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

i did and i've also told luca sodano about it when the last update went live (Feb. 13), but i never heard anything else.

pippo10 likes this.
  12. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Just curious, but am i imaging things or did the last update almost completely silence downshifts in many cars? Iin many cars i have to check my gear HUD to see if it registered my downshift as there is no change in sound. This can be tested in the Maser 250F, BMW E30 GRP.A just off the top of my head. The Lotus 49 also seams dampened on downshidts too now.

13. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

i think some of them were involuntarily toned down, not sure how but thats my impression.
    another good example is the skyline r34. i was watching a couple of vids yesterday of people driving this car and, just like the supra, the wastegate noise was quite loud, as if the engine note was muted and put in the background to 'highlight' the bov whistle. such a shame we can barely hear it in the current console build. just my 2 cents.

pippo10 likes this.
  14. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Agree, this downshift muted sound is a real problem. There seam to be very few cars that aren't effected, are Kunos or Luca aware of this issue?

DatNoiseV12 likes this.
  15. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

they should. this thread has the 'reported' tag, plus i've told luca about the supra. he said the console build should be no different than PC's, but he was going to look into those issues nonetheless. that happened a while ago, don't know if the next update is going to bring some improvements.

16. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Hi!

Yes indeed.... I reported here, and opened a ticket with the new bug report system also.
    So now we have to wait until the next 1.14 update.

And if it's still in there.... Start again here in the bug report tread and tickets system.
    More than that we are unable to do from us part for the game.

Hopefully more and more users get in touch with the bug treads to help the devs identify bugs /issue's / errors so they can fix them.

DatNoiseV12 likes this.
  17. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

The bug submission website should be the "ultimate" way to let Kunos know about the console issues.
    If that fails, then what? We would be back to square one (read: waiting another month and praying glitches get fixed).
    It'd be frustrating, honestly.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    DatNoiseV12 and Donnced2 like this.
  18. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Sounds issues in IU still there.....
    Keep sounding trough one channel.

19. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Platform :pS4
    Version :1.14
    Issue: sound/music in IU that goes only trough one channel.

To reply the issue :
    -Start game. (music /sounds ok)
    -Start a race / events and when you exit to menu (sounds/ music in only one channel)

@Lord Kunos please make Luca aware of this issue... Its still there since release of the game back in August.

Seems that the reverbs on console doesn't work also.

20. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

reverbs were cut due to compatibility issues.
    the only thing i noticed : laferrari and 599xx sounds seem different now. the high pitch noise (transmission?) is quite louder now.

21. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Yes,in game play the sound seems to have been improved :)

I know that the reverbs where taken away due compatibility issues, but other games use the Fmod sounds engine and got reverbs on console... So i hope that luca achieve to make them work on console again.

Reinart86 likes this.