1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Spa 24h 2019

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Axel Vogelsang, Jul 25, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I think this special car is not allowed to drive at night. But I'm not 100% sure.
    They stayed in the pits for long times anyway.

2. Timberwind

Timberwind Racer

Commentators mentioned the gentleman drivers of this car do not want to race in the night or rain. But there was no black flag.

3. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

"20:52:45 Race Control BLACK FLAG CAR 50 WRONG DRIVER IN THE CAR FOR THE NIGHT"

After_Midnight likes this.
  4. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Can i suggest to Kunos to merchandise umbrellas when they go on track?
    Unbelievable, wherever they go, heavy storms follows...

chksix likes this.
  5. jaykinch

jaykinch Gamer

Man it looks real wet out there feel a little for the spectators

Also I noticed the screens round the track with the yellow or blue flashing depends on flags situation
    Can’t remember seeing then in game

6. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Change the server weather setting...
    Great advertisement of ACC with true racing in the rain. :)

7. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Someone should change the title to "Spa 18h 2019". :D

No racing until (at least) 11:30 local time, so a bit more than 3 hours from now on. :(

8. Timberwind

Timberwind Racer

9. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

?
    Didn't they say 8:30 local time?

10. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Don't know, but it might be that it was a planned thing.
    However in the live stream earlier on they hinted that the car might rejoin.
    I have absolutely no idea how that works out regarding the rules, but we'll see.
    There was a message about 8:30 on screen, but I was pretty sure that they said later on that there won't be any racing before 11:30, after the team manager meeting.

Edit: jump to 08:25:00 left on the clock, there they say it.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  11. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Yes, update at 11:30 CEST

12. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Porsche Tribute "Herbie" is invitational entry. Its not planed for it to race full race but only at some points,and its racing to raise money for charity. Thats why its more off track then on track

13. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

True, but normally black flag means that the car is terminated from the race and may not run again.
    That's why I was surprised when they talked about it (maybe) running when the race restarts.

After_Midnight likes this.
  14. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Was it red flagged because of the puddle top of Raidillon. :D

rycil likes this.
  15. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

Hello everyone,

safety is obviously part of a GT race, especially at SPA where changing weather conditions rule the rules.
    But this one, although essential, must not ruin everything, the F1 run in the rain so why stopped the GT.

I'm from a time when some similar situations would not have
    tainted such an event this way.

We have to adapt but it's frankly frustrating.

GRFOCO likes this.
  16. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

I'm not sure if it is purely safety related. If too many cars are taken out of the race under poor conditions (which could happen due to off tracks, spins etc in an endurance race), there would be no race to be had.

Son and anthony galmiche like this.
  17. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

F1 stopped running in (propper) rain about 10 years ago.
    And even if they try, things like this happen:

anthony galmiche and Timberwind like this.
  18. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

During an interview with a Swedish Aston Martin AM driver, can't recall his name, he said that they were aquaplaning with 100 km/h on the Kemmel straight.

Edit: It's Alexander West. Interview is at 08:25:00 racetime left.

anthony galmiche likes this.
  19. anthony galmiche

anthony galmiche Simracer

So at that moment it is up to the pilots and the mutual technical staff to adapt, "there is no omelette without breaking eggs", but I respect the decision that was disappointing a lot.

Edit:
    Either, then I'm disappointed not to have had the opportunity to follow the most beautiful GT race in the world.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  20. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

The Lambo guys, Bortolotti and Engelhart was a bit again about the red flag, but that's motorsport in 21th century...

anthony galmiche likes this.