1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Spa *BigGrid* race event / stress test

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by MrGit@Twitch, Nov 6, 2019.

1. MrGit@Twitch

MrGit@Twitch Hardcore Simmer

2. OkCmika

OkCmika Rookie

Hi, 3min start green green green some crash ;)

jsmith.ls.uk, Echo_29, chksix and 2 others like this.
  3. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Hardcore Simmer

Another great event! Would be better if not my crash in the first 15 minutes. :mad:

FLATPAT, chksix and After_Midnight like this.
  4. FLATPAT

FLATPAT Rookie

Hi MrGit

Thank you for this great event i really like it.
    One thing that makes it even better, almost legendary was the result table you shared with us two weeks ago.
    So i ask could you please share the result table from last wednesday (on SimSource)?

5. MrGit@Twitch

Forgot to add em in.

https://simresults.net/191113-CO0

FLATPAT likes this.
  6. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Hardcore Simmer

Just if anyone is interested: my CPU and GPU loads and temperatures + my graphic settings from last BigGrid race.

Hardware:
    i5-9600K with SilentiumPC Fortis 3 HE1425 cooler
    MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Gaming Z 8GB @ 21560x1440px
    16 GM RAM @ 2133 MHz
    Stable 70-90 FPS.

Attached Files:

7. FLATPAT

FLATPAT Rookie

8. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

For me with a 8700k it was unplayable since the server reach about 60 peoples.
    Changing graphic settings don't change a thing. It was all about physic thread.
    But i'm confident things will go better soon ;)

9. Micii1

Micii1 Racer

How many visible cars do you have? I have a i7 8086k oc to 5.1. Wonder how that would work for me

10. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

I have an i7 8700 and it was totally unplayable, no matter how many visible opponents I selected. A near constant 99% usage message, even though I could see that my CPU was only at around 25-30% usage. @Minolin mentioned over the chat that it would be most likely due to the physics thread.

Micii1 likes this.
  11. Micii1

Micii1 Racer

Hmmmm. So i have no luck then. Lol

12. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Yep if you see the 99% warning popping up, it is definitively a problem with the physics thread. Just a gut feeling, but reducing overall load may help here a bit - but probably not fundamentally. I'm a bit irritated by the i7 8700 - I run the same and could do it.
    However for big grid races it's vital to reduce video settings, running 60+ cars is really out of proportion. Shadows and mirror related settings may give the best gains with comparably small visual impact; I was running them on HIGH and had 60 fps in last wednesday. But a must is a low "visible opponents" (had 15 and didn't even notice) - if your CPU/GPU even tries to do everything for all cars you won't get anywhere. Also make sure to reduce noise on the system; browsers with 20 tabs open running netflix and youtube in the background are not recommended ;)

But if your fps are ok and the only problem is the 99% warning - please try again with the next update, should look even better then.

Micii1 likes this.
  13. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Ok, thanks. Looking forward to the next update.

Out of interest, I had only ACC and crew chief running, mirrors set to off and shadows set to high. I'll try to tinker with them again next time too. I had assumed that they would be affecting the GPU more than CPU. Visible opponents I lowered to 10 with seemingly no benefit.

14. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Double post. Deleted.

15. MrGit@Twitch

Because we've pretty much hit the *current* limit with a lot of people running into the "99" club when we hit 60+ drivers and with all eyes towards the 1.2 update and it's improvements, i think next week i'm going to set a hard cap of about 45-50 cars and run a 100% wet event instead!

Letting you know now so you all can get tweaking/adjusting/overclocking in readiness. ^^

16. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

for a wet event, you won't need to restrict car slots I guess :D
    did you think about a night race instead? I'm not even sure what is melting hardware more, but night may attract more people and may also look epic.

bondyboy likes this.
  17. MrGit@Twitch

Dusk till dawn....*thinks*

Micii1 likes this.
  18. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

I am discord twiter null, can you PM me the SPA server password?

19. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Hardcore Simmer

Password is no secret. Check the first post in this thread.

20. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

my bad. Thanks you.