1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Sparks?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jabrone, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Jabrone

Jabrone Racer

Loving AC. Just want to throw it out there that I would love to see some sparks coming off of the curbs and tarmac in heavily loaded situations like these. I know that it's daytime but I'm sure you all have some screens that could demonstrate this. Just a small addition that I would love to see to add some realism in the final release.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CrzBonKerz and dkwuan like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Correct visual setting for having sparks and glowing brake discs Nov 21, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Sparks after puncture Oct 13, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Sparks Jul 15, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Disable Sparks in Multiplayer Jun 25, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars No sparks seen so far Jun 14, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars No sparks for me? Feb 8, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Sparks in MP Oct 26, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars No More Sparks Wars?? Aug 21, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Sparks? Apr 17, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Only the diffuser of the car makes sparks Dec 27, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Sparks Oct 17, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Corsa-Spec Alfa Romeo GTA Sparks Its Pilot’s Passion Jun 21, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds No Sparks? May 16, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Just curious about this sparks.ini Dec 16, 2015
    Liveries Mclaren p1 backfire mod (more variety of blue flames with sparks) Mar 22, 2015

3. dkwuan

dkwuan Racer

That's a great idea! I'd love to see this as well.

Kristaps and Jabrone like this.
  4. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Racer

there are spark ini files but it looks like they aren't implemented yet. what I hope for is area particles... that come off only parts of the car that hit things like we see in real racing videos. If I remember kunos released some screens showing one of the open-wheelers creating sparks. Cant wait.

CrzBonKerz and Jabrone like this.
  5. I think kunos have taken the opposite approach to slightly mad studios and are getting the driving correct first then adding affects after which i think is the correct approach . It would be nice to see sparks , marbles and other effects , but to be honest id sacrifice them for feel.

dkwuan and JocoG like this.
  6. Jabrone

Jabrone Racer

I'm happy to hear that we may get them later, that's great. I agree that I would definitely sacrifice special affects for driving feel at this point, just something I thought about last night while playing. I love what Kunos are doing with this sim.

dkwuan likes this.
  7. XN-Sigma

XN-Sigma Gamer

Hmm... I was pretty sure the current AC had sparks, in fact, the Tech Preview did have sparks, I have a screenshot of them.

Here.
    [​IMG]

Disregard what is going on in the screen, I had modified some physics settings and the car went crazy. :D

But as you can see, the screen is full of sparks going everywhere, I remember them being quite nice.

Jabrone likes this.
  8. Jabrone

Jabrone Racer

Wow, that is a super stunt move :) , not sure what is going on there. I haven't seen any sparks as of yet in my game while slamming curbs, catching air, and scraping walls but I suppose this shows that they are possible. Thanks for the screenshot Evil Knievel!