1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Special Events Difficulty Needs to be Fixed

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Mattbeastblood, Oct 6, 2016.

1. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

Just wanted to bring this back into the fore, as noted above, some of the events are extremely poorly balanced.

Some events I can barely scrape bronze, and some, not even that, even with a ton of practice, but others are crazy easy.

Take the R8 hotlap event at Barcelona Moto, my first lap was 7 seconds faster than the gold time.

I've no idea how these targets were created, some times are much quicker than AI on alien can lap.

2. Stew1977

Stew1977 Gamer

I've spent a lot of hours making my way through the career and am currently around 70% on medium difficulty. I started reading up on what else I needed for the Platinum and found numerous posts regarding how super tough many of the Special Events are.

To cut a long story short, I attempted a few, achieved Gold on a couple, but was way off on most. With no difficulty slider there's simply no way I will get Gold.....or even Bronze in a reasonable amount of time.

Sadly I've decided to scrap my Career and just concentrate on online. A real shame as I would have loved to complete the Special Events (with selectable difficulty) and eventually claim the Platinum.

TBH, the time commitment alone is worthy of the Platinum without needing to beat Alien level AI. 99% of gamers simply can't achieve it.

lisanorm likes this.
  3. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

it's not really the fact that they are difficult, it's that they are just extremely unbalanced.

Take the 911 GT1 events, I can just barely scrape a bronze on the hotlap, but can pretty much breeze silver on the race event, the difficulty of them should be on a par.

Also, the fact that you start at the back of the pack can be an issue, simply because it gives the lead driver a chance to get a huge lead by the second turn, and on alien difficulty trying to reel that in is really, really hard, it would be hard enough in a fair fight starting 1st and 2nd!.

ZX636, Stew1977 and kofotsjanne like this.
  4. Stew1977

Stew1977 Gamer

I really think they should have selectable difficulty/target times for Special Events. In the career you can lap the field (multiple times) on Normal difficulty on some events. Others they give you a good fight. So clearly there's a balancing issue.

At the end of the day it's not a huge issue, this only effects console players. Most serious play is online or with leaderboards. Kunos should be super pleased there are console players out there dedicating 50-100hrs to their career. At least give us some reward by making the Platinum achievable.

5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

How is it only affecting console players? Id like to do challenges too and the reason I dont is because they are unbalanced on pc aswell.

6. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

The race with the R8 around Barcelona would be a perfect example. On alien, even with the "pit cheat", It's incredibly hard to keep the 458/Gallardo at bay. Then, on the main straight, they can easily overtake you and It's pretty much game over.

The platinum trophy is achievable because there are people who unlocked it. It takes lots of skills, patience (and a wheel). Hats off to those who succeeded.

7. Stew1977

Stew1977 Gamer

The Platinum has been achieved by 0.1% of players.

This is not a case of lacking practice and dedication. I've just achieved Gold on one event, first lap out, by two seconds. This on a track I've not driven a single lap on in Assetto Corsa (although I do know it). Other events I can't get within 3-5 seconds of Gold despite being well accustomed to the car & track.

Anyone who races the AI regularly can report on these inconsistencies. For example, I can win pole by a second or two on Alien AI at Brands Hatch with the short-tail 962 (single make race). Go out in the long-tail 962 and I'm 2-3 seconds slower.

It seems to me these Special Event target times are based on AI times. Hence the huge variances depending on the track/car combination.