1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Blog Special Events in Release 0.2

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Oct 10, 2018.

1. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

Congrats for your laptime!
    With a dry or wet setup?

2. fabT

fabT Alien

So you're basically doing the same laptimes from beginning to end ?
    On first 1-3 laps track is quite wet, i suppose it should be at least a couple seconds slower than at the end ...

o_O

3. p.g.49

p.g.49 Gamer

That's what I'm wondering too..

4. fabT

fabT Alien

Weird.
    I can do a flat 1:38 at the end, but no way i can do < 1:40 on first lap ...

5. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

I wasn't aware yet, but it looks like exactly this. Especially if you have seen hot tyres after the first lap (combined with the laptimes).
    Good timing, I was about to add statistics to the next update, so I've also added some easy-to-query tracking (I have also have gigabytes of lap data, but it's quite some effort to load and read them).

6. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

So there is a bug with the track conditions?
    Not being always the same at each run?

7. Minolin

Looks like it, yes. But I'm a bit surprised, as this has to be *super* rare . Never seen or heard about it, and we have quite a few stints posted yet.
    Let me apply my changes and we soon know more about the frequency and maybe the necessary circumstances

Dookie, Schnipp and AC_RAF like this.
  8. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Mhmm he did previously posted already weird times with 1:39.xxx in the first lap where as Simard, LP69 Wiel and i hold the Top3 places.
    Our first laps where alsways high 1:40 or low 1:41, but never low 1:39 or even mid 1:38.

Mysterious :D

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

9. p.g.49

p.g.49 Gamer

That's right, it was the first time when it happened to me,, it has happened twice
    After that...

Deatroy likes this.
  10. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

I guess you found a bug :D
    Maybe it would be smart to send logs to find the Bug or whatever.
    You can repeat this situation probably.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

11. p.g.49

p.g.49 Gamer

I first believed/and hope that I had found very good setup to the car...:)I would believed top 10 time,but number 1 was too much.:D:D

Deatroy likes this.
  12. kiril_r

kiril_r Racer

Perhaps, you are just from a Galaxy, Far, Far Away :D

p.g.49 likes this.
  13. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I'm curious, what are the conditions for the Misano Hotstint event so that wets overheat after a few laps while dry slicks stay blue from start to finish? Even burnouts take a long while to heat them up. It says 26°C ambient 20°C track on the loading screen.

14. Minolin

For the slicks: it's the water. Given at least a little bit of wetness (which is the starting condition) gives the tyres so much heat transfer that it's impossible to maintain slick temperatures (with a target of 80°C !).
    Wets obviously are made for conditions with this heat transfer and have a wider, but lower operating window, so they need active cooling in dry conditions.

The event starts with ~10-15% wetness (don't exactly recall the last state) and sunshine, so the track can dry up rapidly. You can keep the tyres at least in the yellow range by cooling them, you just need to start early and sacrifice corners with puddles off the line, like the last 2 (it's not worth it). So the actual ambient/road temperatures have surprisingly little impact on the tyre temps in this case (probably more impact on how fast the track is becoming dry).

15. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

But the track apart from a few puddles appears to be dry towards the end of the event yet slicks don't heat up. If the track is still wet for the game it's at least not visible.

16. DuckeyTapey

DuckeyTapey Hardcore Simmer

I think I had the bug happen in one of my restarts today. Road looked drier, first laps were much quicker than they should be and I saw the tyre surface overheat early on. Aborted the stint without finishing. I can post the log if necessary.

p.g.49 likes this.
  17. Minolin

PM please, need to take notes. Log would be wonderful

18. p.g.49

p.g.49 Gamer

Same thing here, it was after restart session when it happened to me.

19. p.g.49

p.g.49 Gamer

This is a quote my own message which I sent to Minolin:

DAMN,now it happend again,when after the last message i continue playing,track was totally dry and tire's came totally red hot before i finish first lap,and lap time was 1.39.1xx including a fairly large driving mistakes.
    So what I did before that,i just launch ACC and check leaderboard's and choose hotstint,then i do car setup and drive three times in a row.After that when i finish last stint and timetable came on i check my lap times and press "back" button,after that i choose "restart" then the car returns to its starting point and selection windows open where i can do setup or quit game and so on... I did not do any selection i just left it like that and start writing message to you.
    When i came back to the game i immediately noticed that the track was dry,time had passed perhaps 30min.
    It seems that even the game is in pause, the weather is not..

20. DuckeyTapey

DuckeyTapey Hardcore Simmer

I found a way to reproduce the issue. It's indeed the weather not being paused under certain conditions. I messaged Minolin about it so hopefully it can get fixed.

p.g.49, Deatroy and Minolin like this.