1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Special Events - Number of Cars

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by mailanmanu, Mar 7, 2019.

1. mailanmanu

mailanmanu Rookie

Dear Team of Kunos,

first of all, thanks very much for your hard work! I really enjoy the latest update 0.6.1.

Unfortunately i am using a mid-range machine for playing, so there is no possibility for me to enjoy the Special Event Races. Every Special Event - Race is using the same default Number of Cars: 20 This results in a lot of stuttering and unplayability on my machine. On the other hand, my machine can handle 12 Cars very good and the graphics are fluid.

Is there a way to enjoy the Special Event Races with fewer cars (for a mid-range computer like mine) or is this a fixed number one have to live with it? Is there a switch in the menus for the number of cars? It is hard to rank up in the Ratings System when one cannot join all Special Events.

Fremen_78 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Special events is working again Dec 6, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Pace Rating - Special Events Sep 21, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Special events Jun 8, 2023
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards No special events since 1.9 update Apr 25, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Leaderboards, XP winning , special events etc Apr 19, 2023
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Special events - showing as Anonymous in leaderboards Apr 14, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Special events not available Aug 4, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions What's up with Special Events Jul 11, 2022
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Special events Jun 5, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Do previous special events count towards PC rating May 12, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Previous Special Events Set to Default Dec 20, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Stats/User Profile and special events not loading Nov 26, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room [Special Events]Christmas in the Motori nella Leggenda Nov 26, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions NO SPECIAL EVENTS!! Oct 13, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions SPECIAL EVENTS DOES NOT RECORD MY TIME Jun 13, 2021

3. Steve32

Steve32 Simracer

have you tried limiting the amount of cars rendered on screen in video options think in 0.6 on my machine it defaulted to all try reducing it?

Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2019.03.07 - 16.39.02.75.png

4. mailanmanu

mailanmanu Rookie

Thats interesting. I'll try that option tonight and report back. Would be good if Kunos would offer an option for all those mid-range-users (GTX 1060, Mid Range Cpu). It is a little bit sad that is not possible at the moment to participate in half of the Special Events - only in the Hotstint and Hotlap.

5. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

This is exactly that option. Limiting the visible Opponents technically works like limiting the AI cars in a race. Instead of racing agains 9 AI, you can race agains 20 AI but only see 9 at a time, saving you a lot of computing power. One caveat is that you may see AI pop in and out of existence somewhere in front.

6. Coanda

Coanda Alien

It depends on if your gpu or cpu is the bottle neck or both. What are your specs? Even with limiting the rendering of vehicles there is still 20 AI to compute and it can still put a heavy load your system. For my system I find it makes little difference performance wise if they are rendered or not however 20 AI still packs a 40- 60 FPS punch. In a practice session im in the 120-140 fps range. In a 20 Ai race im in the 70-90 fps range with cpu under 60% load.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  7. mailanmanu

mailanmanu Rookie

So i tested reducing the Visibility to 10 Cars. That did not work. FPS Rate falls down to 2 FPS — unplayable. I reduced to 1920 x 1200 and lowered a lot of graphic details — same result. Whats weird is that if i play in Single Player with abou 12 cars and high graphic settings on the highest resolution everything works fine and smooth. But switching to Special Events Races it is stuttering like hell.

Maybe my specs are too low?

Intel Core I3 3225 3.3 Ghz, 8GB Ram, Windows 10 Pro, GTX 1060 6GB

8. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

The problem is your cpu, I was on .I5 750 oc'd to 3,9 GHz and running ok'ish with 15 cars on release 4. Maybe a bit of overclock can help you a bit but I think your cpu is under spec at the moment.

9. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Hmm, on second thought it might just free GPU resources - the AI that are not rendered still have to drive around the track, even if invisible. I don't know your settings, but if you haven't, try turning off mirrors and shadows, and see if that helps your FPS. Those two options help reduce CPU workload.

I'd say your CPU is severely underpowered, which makes sense for the issue you have, as the AI cars use a lot of CPU power.
    This is the minimal spec required for the ACC EA release on Steam:
    Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 or AMD FX-8120[/QUOTE]

10. mailanmanu

mailanmanu Rookie

Thanks for your help and all your kind replies! I think this may be the main reason. I only wonder why it works so well in the normal Single Player Races witz 12 cars and nearly all settings maxed out. The difference to the Special Events is very very big. But nonetheless thanks for your advice. Maybe its time for an upgrade :)

11. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

There is quite a big difference between 12 and 20 AI cars, and I'd imagine you'll be more or less at the limit of your CPU with 12 AIs. Maxed out settings will work because your 1060 is quite a capable graphics card, and the Unreal engine makes good use of it. I could run graphics settings nearly maxed out on my 980 before I upgraded.

Coanda likes this.
  12. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Difference between 12 & 20 Ai is a huge difference on CPU load. If possible time for an upgrade to go with that 1060 :)

13. Steve32

Steve32 Simracer

like others have said CPU will be the issue only being a dual core from 2012, I think even an 8th gen i3 would probably be ok as that's a quad core, issue is they don't make that socket you have any more so would mean new CPU motherboard and ram, I would try to get an i5 or even i7 if you don't overclock then you can go for a non k CPU vice versa if want to OC then go for a K model.

I have the i7 8700 non K @3.2Ghz it self overclocks upto 4.2Ghz on a prebuilt HP omen PC with a GTX 1070 8Gb & 16GB DDR4 ram
    runs all games quite nicely so I would look into 8th gen intel CPU if you can afford it, some places do bundles where get the CPU ram and motherboard in a kit generally though you tend to get less choice of the components in the bundles.

14. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Limit the number of rendered cars and AI CPU load isn't a problem.