1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
    Dismiss Notice

spectator mode?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by NeRo2, Feb 24, 2018.

1. NeRo2

NeRo2 Gamer

Hello guys,

I wanted to ask if there are any plans to implement a proper spectator mode for ACC?

Many german AC leagues and communities often races together in one endurance race event from 3h up to 24h as a team with live streaming and sometimes even live stewards. It worked well when you have 2 commentators for the live streaming and atleast 3 stewards for such an event to watch over the race and listening to live protests from the different teams. That way the stewards are able to decide for a penalty and send their decisions on a message board everyone has access to while the endurance race still running. They are even able to kick a team out of the endurance event for heavy violation of the rules.

It worked well like this but there is a big problem: It occupies atleast 5 grid places to do this and this is why we cant do a live steward for every endurance race unfortunately. The teams too are not able to watch over their driving teammates and report in a incident themselves. The drivers have to describe a incident while they have to focus on the race which is not good and can be really distracting.

ACC seems to fit very well for authentic endurance race event and a proper spectator mode would be very nice and helpful.

We really hope that Kunos might consider this even though it is not a high priority feature.

Cheers :)

phil, Easy, Serge M and 2 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer automatically spectator mode Thursday at 10:31 PM
    ACC Multiplayer Spectator mode issue Thursday at 2:31 PM
    ACC Multiplayer Automated Multicamera Director - Spectator mode for Multiplayer May 7, 2019
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Server Spectator mode not supported Jun 19, 2018
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues SPECTATOR_MODE=1 seems not working Dec 2, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Suggestion: network mode for spectator view when using oculus rift. May 21, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Acserver.exe crashes with spectator mode Mar 13, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Pitcrew = spectator modes implement? Aug 8, 2014
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Spectator_mode=1 in entry list.ini server immediately close Jul 19, 2014
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Spectator mode and keys May 9, 2014
    Suggestions A little hope/advice (spectator mode) Nov 21, 2013
    ACC Multiplayer Admin as spectator ? Today at 7:11 PM
    ACC Multiplayer Joining as spectator spawns me below the track Jun 11, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer The number of spectators counts in the total slots of the server? Jun 1, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Can't join the server as admin or spectator May 29, 2019

3. NeRo2

NeRo2 Gamer

Hi Kunos!
    I just saw the pricings for ACC Early Access and I noticed the Spectator Mode as a keyfeature for EA Release 4.

I just wanted to say: Thank you! Thank you very much Kunos. I (and I assume many others, especially those who are interested in proper Endurance Racing) really appreciate it for you implementing this underestimated(?) feature.
    Really great work overall you have done so far with AC and ACC. I already cant wait for the Early Access Release next week. :D:D:D

Here is a Trailer of an upcoming 12h Historic AC Event in which 4 German communities have worked hand in hand together (22.09.2018)

After nearly 5 years Assetto Corsa ist still running strong for these community and many others. I wish you great success with ACC and a big future for Kunos Simulazioni!

Cheers! :)

tabis, Dookie and Lord Kunos like this.
  4. Turk

Turk Alien

There is a spectator mode in the roadmap and it's one of the later updates so maybe that means it's going to be something more than the basic replay feature. No idea what it involves but I would love to see what your talking about implemented.

5. NeRo2

NeRo2 Gamer

The possibility to observe the drivers on the track without taking up grid places is very important for the teams and the stewards in an endurance race. That would already be really nice and more than enough actually.

A replay function (e.g. from the last minute) would be a big, big bonus for the spectator mode. Allthough you already can do this with shadowplay or obs, you wouldn´t need to switch to an external programm which might lower the risk of CTD. Good feature for live commentators I think.

But I don´t want to be greedy now :D. I want to see it first in EA Release 4 and then I will definitely give feedback here. Hope that answers your question @Turk ?