1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Speedwise.de: online racing stats and a global ban list

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by heNNa, Dec 2, 2014.

1. heNNa

heNNa Gamer

Hey Guys,

I wanted to make you aware of a little project I am working on:
    http://speedwise.de/about

Don't wonder if it responds slowly at some time - I didn't optimize anything so far and it is hosted on rather slow machine.
    At first I just played a little around with the Assetto Corsa dedicated server and the log output but that escalated quickly into a bigger project :)
    At this point it is a web page connected with a bunch of 24/7 running AC servers collecting the session results and presenting them nicely on a web page (http://speedwise.de/sessions).
    You can sign in using your steam account (without leaking any informations or such) and do some (hopefully) useful things, that are already implemented and tested:
    • You can see your lap-times, results, race progressions and so on.
    • If you raced on one of the connected servers and another racer misbehaved, you can file complaints which in turn can be backed or be contradicted by other participants in this session.
    • On the other hand, if you had a fair and clean fight with another driver you can award him for that.
    • If you know a steam id of a wrecker/trolling driver you can file a ban request at any time (but you have to provide some evidence)
    • Very evil drivers/hackers/trolls can end up on the ban list through a transparent steward process (see http://speedwise.de/court ).
    • Speaking of stewards: Users with steward status can review the complaints/ban requests and accept or decline them.
    • The ban list is publicly available for all server admins out there: http://speedwise.de/court/banlist
    What speedwise is not:
    • It is not yet another Rivali Tempo or RSRLiveTiming - these two are doing a great job on a rather different scope.
    So this is where we are.
    Most of the features were implemented because of bad experiences with wreckers in multiplayer races and the personal wish to be able to review session data (not just 5 seconds after race and shortly after leaving a server).
    I played LFS and GTR2 for some time. The game server admins there are very rigorous if someone misbehaves on the track - and from my experience this is a good thing. Maybe speedwise can help AC here out on a more global level?

I also implemented a function to create/join teams and a team profile page.
    So the next steps could be:
    1. A ranking system based upon race results/awards from other drivers/penalties from stewards. (Actually this is nearly complete but I am still not sure about the best system for something like that - it has to be well balanced).
    2. Releasing the server components and allow other server admins to connect their servers with speedwise to collect more data. Done. If you want to connect your server with speedwise join the Steam-Group (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/speedwise-de) and tell me what you need (Windows or Linux). If you don't want to add me on Steam, a PM here is fine too.
    3. Create a championship/league feature upon the system (either supervised by speedwise or as a tool for the admins who connected their servers with speedwise (see 1.)
    For the latter both I would love to have some sort of plugin API by Kunos to interact with the AC server which would be at least:
    • Communication: Sending chat messages or the like from the server to the clients
    • More informations (through API would be nice but log is sufficient) such as: Split times, car data (at least tyre types, fuel, damage, tyre wear, ...)
    • Control: Kicking drivers, restart/change of sessions, maybe change of server settings without being forced to restart (and consequently close connections to clients) the server.
    If there are some people out there who are interested in this, please let me know what you think and if you would use it.

Greetings
    henna

P.S.: Here are some screenshots showing the mentioned functions (but you can also click your way through it http://speedwise.de):

The Race results
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Profiles:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Court/Steward-Views:
    [​IMG]

Ban requests (not related to a session on the speedwise connected servers)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions v1.9.8.3 Patch - Broken Online Feb 29, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XBOX ONE ONLINE PLAYERS Dec 19, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Connection Lost Online Races Sep 16, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Cannot Play Online Sep 9, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashes when switching from quali to race session (online) Aug 4, 2023
    ACC Tools Online League Management System & Livetiming for ACC ?? Jun 30, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Endless online server loading Jun 17, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Online Server admin commands console May 30, 2023
    Console Lounge Online League May 22, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer No Online Servers - Disconnected May 3, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer lost 40fps from 1.8 in online races. Apr 20, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting fatal Error opening game online server Apr 14, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions online servers Feb 12, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashed in the end of an online race Feb 2, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC stuck not loading singleplayer race or online Feb 1, 2023

3. victor86

victor86 Racer

^ This.

4. TCLF

TCLF Alien

this looks very interesting :O

5. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

Excellent work!

And a publicly available ban list is very nice for other server admins.

Would you consider letting other servers join in this? Or if not that, potentially share your code on github or something, so others can host it on theirs?

Predator likes this.
  6. jamba

jamba Racer

Best project so far.
    Macht weiter so und eine grosse dankescön!

7. heNNa

heNNa Gamer

Thanks, and yes, actually I hoped that some admins would join. This is what I meant with point 2.
    The system consists of the speedwise site and a speedwise-node application, that wraps the server starting/management.
    There are some things to work on before letting the server-wrapper out "in the wild" but if there are enough people who would join, I will do that.

My suggestion: Interested admins may add me on steam and/or join the (just created) speedwise steam group (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/speedwise-de) to check out how many want to join and check out what is possible?

8. Bailey

Bailey Alien

This seems pretty cool. I like the idea for the most part.
    ~Bailey

9. Peter65

Peter65 Gamer

Super a step forward I hope it is used in many and is a warning pilots have incorrect

10. Guido Trampe

Guido Trampe Simracer

If we could get more details on the serverside, i would be happy to setup a server for this. I am so tired off being rammed off track or having to go through a 5 times over restart for a 20 laps race... I even adjusted my qualy strategy for this. In qualy I Always use full fuel and full wing :) I can still drive but hopefully will end up last on the starting grid...
    Its a brand new world people :)

11. Gunja

Gunja Alien

To have ranking would be great. Race result should not be as important as safety. Contacts and off road should be recorded. Is it possible?
    Thank You for doing this!

12. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

This looks like a great project, hats off to you.
    I do have some concerns however. A global blacklist, whilst seems a good idea might not really be in the best interest of every community and would quickly become a nightmare to manage for many reasons.
    Would you be willing to share this independent of speedwise.de so communities could manage their own leagues, blacklists etc on our own website?
    Of course a donation would be forthcoming ;)

PS your Steam group is 'Membership by invite only', could you add me please.

13. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

Why would it be a nightmare? While I would love AC to be a huge smash hit I doubt you would need to handle millions of users to blacklist. Track marshalls could volunteer to settle "court' issues.

14. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Some admins/communities have differing ideas as to what's acceptable and what's not and may not agree whether someone should be banned or not.
    Obviously outright deliberate wreckers should be banned from every server. But for example, some people might think it's acceptable to 'revenge wreck', whereas we would ban for that reason too. Also, use of foul language on servers may be acceptable to some but not to others. There are many other scenarios where communities/admins might not agree on reasons to ban but there's no need to go off topic about it in this thread :)

Bill Wiskins and Peter65 like this.
  15. Peter65

Peter65 Gamer

clear the ban must be solely on pilots that are incorrect on track

16. heNNa

heNNa Gamer

Contacts and off roads can't be detected without any client side apps I think (which wreckers would most likely not install).
    So the whole court thing currently lives or dies with the courage of the community (by rewarding/complaining/reviewing as steward on the site).

The steam group is now open, sorry guys.
    I think permanent bans should be the last resort against drivers who are resitant to learning the basic rules (or hackers).
    In most cases maybe a temporary ban will do it's magic.
    Also the chance of getting banned globally and permanently should (so I hope) encourage people to be more respectful/attentive on track.

I will think of some feature that enables server admins to customize a ban list for themselves (maybe utilizing a safety-rating as well).
    Here is the (current) list of actions stewards can take based upon complaints.
    An addition could be to categorize reviewed incidents (such as foul language, revenge wrecking, ... like mentioned) and let other server admins create/filter a ban list upon that.
    [​IMG]

Bill Wiskins likes this.
  17. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

I like this idea.

I think on the whole it's better to be positive and have the app to allow drivers to award points to good drivers who drive fair, maybe like a 'reputation points' system and of course the race results is a fantastic way to rank drivers.

However with rankings I would not like to see too many negative possibilities other than really obvious wreckers, trolls and hackers. This is because there are some people who would love to complain too easily, with many accidents caused by lag, ping, another driver behind and silly mistakes it worry it would end up like a kindergarden with too many upset kiddies rushing off to complain about someone else if things don't go their way and too much work to judge the incidents.

pieroblues and heNNa like this.
  18. heNNa

heNNa Gamer

19. Bill Wiskins

Bill Wiskins Hardcore Simmer

This would appear to be one of the very things that the community has been hysterically demanding from Kunos since MP was released. Assuming it all works as expected, I don't see any reason why any public server admin wouldn't want this. Hats off to you, sir, looks very, very good!

20. Andrea Lojelo

Andrea Lojelo Radiator Springs Racing Team

Truly remarkable. Very well done. Wonderful idea. I can see great potential in what you guys are doing. Really impressed, especially being your first release. Your website is already offering a lot o nice features.

I just sent you a PM as well.

21. Jaye

Jaye Alien

Very great idea :) and a big pleasure to be part of it :)

All GCracing servers powered by speedwise.de now :D

sjonnieloper, heNNa and Bill Wiskins like this.