1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Stability Control as of Vers. 1.4+

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Vel, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Rift Racer

Rift Racer Alien

I said in AC NOT IRL.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  2. The way you worded it was confusing. The only reason it's not modeled is because it's too much of a pain to make I guess. And pretty pointless.

3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

That's the finest management talk...high system level at best :p Even if what you want is easy to grasp doesn't mean what you need to achieve it is simple. It's very complicated and Kunos can only skip the hardware part of a system (different systems) where software is at least equally important.

But I wasn't making fun of you - I know you know your sh*t. It just made me laugh in a positive way and I just had to answer that because I get similar phrasings at work on a regular base ;)

On topic: It's best to test ACs SC for yourself and report back - most here drive without it I guess so there's an expert position vacant.
    It certainly does evaluate the "driver wish" vs. the current state of the vehicle and adjust the throttle and brake accordingly. Interesting question would be if it only uses the systems the car actually has or, say, just uses fake torque vectoring for each car.
    Personally, I drive without it on the pad but found small amounts (like 10 % or so) to be very helpful when driving on the edge with the pad. Never felt like it took away the nature of the car too much at those settings, either.

4. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Yeah, it was a very rough overview, agree to that. And as I said, really modeling and essentially calibrating it for every car in the game is a whole lot more complicated. ;) Wouldn´t want (and to be fair, couldn´t) to explain the several thousand pages of Bosch function documentation for ESP here...

I´ll try the AC ESC some time, just to see how it reacts.

A worthy point is, that even with a lot of cars where you can "disable" the ESC by user input, it still reacts if the instability gets too high, it just gives you a little more room for playing. This works in AC beautifully in regard to the TC of the M4 for example, level 1 catches most things and level 2 gives you a certain permitted angle before it cuts the engine torque. Don´t know if TC fully off is even an option with the actual car.

And there are loads of cars where you can´t disable it at all by means of normal user input. To simulate these cars, you´d have to drive with ESC on at some level, so I get why some are interested in it.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  5. Rift Racer

Rift Racer Alien

It was very simply explained. Not sure how you got confused. What part of my post was worded too confusing for you?

6. "ESC = electronic stability control? No cars in AC have that as a feature....."

Could have been worded better. But whatever who cares.

7. Rift Racer

Rift Racer Alien

Me, I care, when your replying to my posts arguing with me, and I need to come back and explain myself.

Did you read the rest of my post? I'm sure that would have clarified the 'confusing wording' for you....

"Stability control in the game is as Tberg said, more for pad/kb users, it's an added aid of the game, not the individual cars."

8. *sigh*

ZethGAF and burrito like this.
  9. Rift Racer

Rift Racer Alien

*fart*

esox71 and LeDude83 like this.
  10. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

Stability Control? That thing used by youtubers to make awesome drifts in any car.

mistery and sarabwt like this.