1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Starts, VR, and Cornering Questions

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Trent Dyrsmid, May 19, 2020.

1. Trent Dyrsmid

Trent Dyrsmid Rookie

Noob questions....thank you in advance for any answers.
    1. When doing a race, the starts are always a complete disaster with AI cars swerving all over the place and slamming on the brakes. Can this be fixed?
    2. Compared to iRacing, the visuals in VR are only about 70% as good. I've looking for setting to adjust in the video screen of CM and can't seem to find anything to fiddle with.
    3. My car, relative to AI cars pushes like a tank. I match the AI cars corner entry speed and while they are turning and hitting the apex, I'm still pushing well past it. This strikes me as odd because the only way I can make the apex is to reduce corner entry speed to a crawl.
    Thanks!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Race Starts, Kicked Back to Practice May 21, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC NL League Season 1 starts this Monday! Apr 24, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Computer freezes and then restarts Apr 23, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Is it possible to setup Standing Starts? Mar 26, 2020
    ACC Physics [1.3.7] Suzuka Ai - T1 & T2 Ramming on Race Starts Feb 27, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting [Version 1.3.2]PC Restarts Randomly While In-Game. Feb 9, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer New rolling starts Feb 6, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Can we have more frequent Competition server starts on the weekend? Feb 2, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Multiplayer starts Jan 21, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Issue with multiplayer starts Jan 2, 2020
    ACC Audio Audio starts to un-sync after a while in race Oct 22, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Weekend time starts when the server starts? Jul 16, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer No HUD on race starts, then server crashes. Jun 22, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Misano 1.0.4 MP race starts issue Jun 18, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Longer rolling starts? Jun 15, 2019

3. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

1) The AI are prone to stacking up at the first corner. Nothing you can do about it.
    2) The visuals aren't as crisp as iracing. Nothing you can do about it so don't waste your time trying.
    3) The AI are more than decent on 100% skill compared to many other games, if that's what you are using. If you aren't using it the aggressive setup will give you more mid corner rotation. Otherwise a video of your driving would really help.

4. Turk

Turk Alien

The thing about the AI is they are predictable, even if they do that serving and slamming on the brakes (although, every driver should be doing that) they do it the same way every time. At least they don't crash into you.

I think there's only so much you can expect out of AI. I see them as practice for online.

ACC is a resource hog unfortunately, and it's kind of out of Kunos hands to fix it, it's problems originating from the UE4 engine. There are guides, you have to find a compromise. But don't expect it to be "fixed", it is what it is.

I've made similar complaints only to have guys here explain to me that I'm doing it wrong. I don't know what car your using, or what AI settings, so it's hard to judge whether your making an error or not. Some cars like the Ferrari need to be driven a certain way to maximise it's potential and avoid exit under steer.