1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Stefano Casillo moves on to new adventures from Kunos Simulazioni

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Ecnelis, Apr 2, 2020.

1. maybe we'll try next month. I found that streams do slow me down quite a bit because working and talking is pretty tiring... I ended up napping all day after a morning stream :D :D :D

These weeks we're really trying to push and concentrate hard to see how much difference there is with the development rhythm doing streams. Really want to get this game done before next summer comes.

Claponi and GRFOCO like this.
  2. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Thanks.
    Only a little "scoop"
    Your engine or Unigine or still wait and see?

3. I am going to finish the game with my own engine in Rust, so Unigine is out.

4. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Wow, so you did it!
    Congrats.

5. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Stefano it's months since last stream.
    Is there something new to show? I mean, just a picture :D

6. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

AndyK70, GRFOCO and Luis Branco like this.
  7. Flavus

Flavus Racer

Those capsizes look cool but how do you not spill your beer when that happens? Some special balancing App ? :)

8. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

It’s bloody awesome.

9. Dezember6th

Dezember6th Gamer

now imagine a motion rig while capsizing....

10. Mjolnir1

Mjolnir1 Rookie

only need a bucket with water placed over the players head, and a cord attached to that motion rig!

Poguinhas likes this.
  11. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

I didn't know about Twitter.
    Thanks Mino

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
  12. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

Nox, Salvatore Amato, GRFOCO and 3 others like this.
  13. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

Stefano talent is unbelievable. My jaw dropped at those screenshots.

Probably one of the top simulation devs in the world.

Crazy how impressive is that he wrote game from ground up in what 2 years?

This might be bigger leap than netkar or ac.

How many other sailing simulations are there to learn from.

chksix likes this.
  14. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Lord, if you will need a beta tester for low/old pc specs...

15. He did all that by himself.

16. mikocchio

mikocchio Gamer

I think the 3D models are his wife's (not that it subtracts from the general feeling of awe, though. Now that I think of it, maybe it adds to it).

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  17. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Stefano ma le imbarcazioni dell'AC 2000-2007 non ci sono più?

18. WallyM

WallyM Alien

@stefanoCasillo I was curious about how the physics of sailing compares to the physics of motorsport - is it simpler or more complex? In which is the physics better understood?

19. I'd say boats are easily at least 1 order of magnitude less complex to simulate than cars.

A boat is essentially a single rigid body with a movable ballast (the crew).. a car is a multibody with at least 5 bodies (1 chassis + 4 wheels) connected in a very complex way through the suspension... it also has a kind of movable ballast in the form of fuel tank and more bodies if you start to add things like chassis flex.

On the top of that a car has engines, drivetrain with difficult to model stuff such as differentials and clutches and, obviously tyres... plus wings with ground effect and all sorts of crazy flow interactions... electronic controls such as active differentials, active wings.. it's bananas with turtles all they way to the bottom :D.

A boat has 2 main components, the displacement component (the hull in the water) and sails/foils .. that are, essentialy wings.
    The displacement component can get really complex because of the interaction with the water below.. but once the boat is foiling the simulation is basically like a flight simulator with wings operating in fluids with 2 very different densities (air and water)... so basically 1 set of simple equations for everything.

The number of parameters to "nail" is also not a contest at all.. approaching thousand maybe for a car in a software like AC to maybe a couple of dozens in my current sailing game.

Obviously there are some tricky things.. the process of "ventilation" is a fascinating one to model, where air get sucked down into the foil and creates a bubble that kills the lift on that foil and the foil attached.. this has a very profund effect on how the game plays, so getting it right is almost as important as nailing tyre behavior in a car sim as it defines the behavior "at the limit".

JanR, LightNMagic, AndyK70 and 8 others like this.
  20. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

So you're saying you made a boat simulation because cars are too complex for you? :p

Jokes aside, I've had moments where I disagreed with your decisions, but AC was my first and pretty much only sim until the release of ACC, and the two of them are now my main sims by far, and even if that wasn't the case, there's no denying the quality of your work for driving simulators and the fact that you've left your mark on the sim racing genre.
    I wish you're as successful on your current endeavour as you were on your previous ones, Stefano.