1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Stefano casillo streaming ep. 7

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by grat, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I know Stefano has said "no" to rain, which in a way kinda surprises me, especially considering it was in Netkar Pro, so technically it's doable. My main reason for this is that the console audience I think will expect rain from a racing title. I mean I personally can live with the limitation, however given how many racing titles on console have rain as a climatic option for racing, I dunno, I think there may be pressure to include it as an option. I could be wrong of course.

2. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Thanks. Even that sounds a bit awkward but much better than just reaching kb/mouse over the wheel.

3. demerzel

demerzel Racer

If I remember correctly he said no to engine stall and false start too. But it seems that we will see engine stall and false start can be a server side thing.

4. wedge_one

wedge_one Simracer

AC 2.0 <> AC 2
    Just like PCars 2.0 - 2.5 isn't PCars 2
    Just a version of the first game.

5. Pascalwb

Pascalwb Hardcore Simmer

Hopefully server plugins will do everything we hoped for. Dis somebody ask about spectator features?

And I'm hoping for Mon-Wed release, because then I'm away for week.

6. Mogster

Mogster Alien

He also said the AI would never be able to overtake much slower cars ;)

demerzel likes this.
  7. TCLF

TCLF Alien

kind off. You won't be able to join a race without selecting a car, so I don't think there will be anything different regarding spectating in this update.

8. BostromNZ

BostromNZ Gamer

Thanks for the summary. Good to hear they're working on engine stalls/starts. Front aero affecting rear aero.. sounds intense!

9. i've seen like 10 more items on the change log but not really readable. when the stream barely starts. Comparing to previous stream

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    Michele Papis likes this.
  10. Sorry to disappoint you but he said that it's not even sure they can push it out this week. I would be very surprised if they release it before the friday. Bad thing is that we have Neste Oil Rally Finland in my hometown so I have no time to test it before the next week. First world problems: too many awesome possibilities. :)

11. dottorfoggy

dottorfoggy Racer

seems that step by step this sim is growing up every build but compared to market, still have a good improvements to add, basically the delta in game still 0,001, and other small stuff that don't let this game to be complete at 100%, still never ending wip.
    I hope that day when ac will be on console, to see finally a complete game.
    c'mon kunos, your are a step to rewrite the simracing rules

12. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Complete? What does that mean, having the features you want? What about the stuff I want, or the other 50 contributors to this thread?

AC can never be complete that's just the nature of continuous development, the devs will just keep adding stuff.

13. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

You're wrong. Once Kunos have pit girls then the game is complete...nothing else matters.

Has anyone tried to rip the strippers from GTA V? Would be cool to watch a pole dance when you stop for a pit :D

14. Epocx

Epocx Alien

It mostly affects slow speeds as i understand it, and if Stefano is excited about it, its going to be REALLY good! I can already feel it ;) This might open up on more precise slow speeds ffb for cars without power steering...

PS: He also said its not the ffb code, its something with the tires.
    PPS: He talks about the gyroscopic effect of the tires, this might come to 1.2, he confirmed to break his no new feature rule for that one, because its not gonna break anything.

This is gonna be epic!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  15. nonnex

nonnex Alien

[RRRV] JuggernAlz likes this.
  16. Epocx

Epocx Alien

99%,
    thats probably his wife watching in the other room :D : D:D :D :D

Niki Đaković and kofotsjanne like this.
  17. dottorfoggy

dottorfoggy Racer

no but the 1.0 was supposed to be a complete base game, then the other up-grade in the future, i understand the fact that the engine can't run rain and night, but some simple kind of stuff still missing like that gap/delta in multiplayer, what does it mean all the time -0,001 :/

dont feel me wrong, i'm 100% a supporter to this dev team, but in some kind of stuff are really lost

18. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Come on,

I like the way hw its going. Well ofc there are features that the one or other driver is missing but how Stefano has sayed. It was simply not possible cover a 6 year development for this studio witout taking to much risks. They have had 4 years and delivered a good basement for further development and improvement. I think if they would have the chance to take 6 years without to get in an area where you are gambling with the essentials of the studio, project and yourself they would have done it.

So, from that point of view I'm glad that we have that - maybe incomplete - basement and seeing it growing with nice inprovements, fixes, features and content. Could be in in smaller portions but therefore in shorter periods, but thats also only a personal favor.

1.2 is near I can smell it already!

19. Epocx

Epocx Alien

35:00
    "perfect racing game, you start and your car doesn't move. that's it. you exit... and than you go to steam and ask for a refund"

ROFL

20. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

was pretty shocked to hear that it's maybe this week.. Nothing is ready to go, and my vacation starts sunday :( I'd vote for friday the 7th.