1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Stefano casillo streaming ep. 7

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by grat, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Epocx

Epocx Alien

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    Dookie likes this.
  2. Jaye

Jaye Alien

That bast scho :p

3. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Someone in our community suggested something similar like having a blacklist free server where people can prove themselves, perhaps called "Last Chance Saloon" with only Fiat 500's :p

Nekrobob and youwerelucky like this.
  4. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Oh yeah, what a warm welcome to the racing community. :D

Newcomers TODO-List:

Reconnect. Says you are blacklisted.

Scroll around and find the "Your last-chance saloon". Login. Destruction derby.
    Open steam. Uninstall+Refund AC.

---
    Honestly, this is a concern, especially with the AUTH-part of the server plugins. We have to keep in mind that every single good, clean driver was a rookie once who did his first online race.

jc1993, speedbee, TDS and 8 others like this.
  5. burrito

burrito Alien

This is were I get a little worried. I don't race online due to a mostly poor internet connection. However on the occasional times I do, I don't want to be banned simply because I don't race often enough to be on a 'clean racer list' or 'whitelist'. I love the idea of server plugins and controlling entries for better quality racing but I am worried that people like me and new racers will be confined to low quality, (and to quote you) destruction derby servers because of these measures.

EDIT: Sorry for OT

ON TOPIC

Stream was good :D

Jebus likes this.
  6. nonnex

nonnex Alien

I still have some kind of hope in Mankind and therefore I'm convinced that not all drivers who causing a mess (like me sometimes) are bad guys. They can't do better, simple it is ;)

How ever, I think we are conform that playing AC in MP should be fun for the max of possible players and should be also a challenging exp.
    I dont wanted to open a general Server discussion, just suggested to add a column (for example) in the Server-list with a hint what the server is meant for and what the driver can expect or dont expect.

There are surley better systems then an open for all or A-C rating but was my first idea.

mms likes this.
  7. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Good that you said this, hits me like a truck. There's no need for complicated systems to inform the user where which plugin is running and what it does. The real suggestion is to define 1 or 2 categories (like experience level and mabye raw performance), let the server admin configure this via server_config.ini and display this in the server browser (and maybe let them filter).

So elitist servers can simlpy set a signal like "we want you A-grade clean and at least B-grade fast". There's no real drawback, because today we already act this way; but it's simply not communicated.

TDS and nonnex like this.
  8. A lot of the problems I see online are due to nothing more than a lack of responsibility, and a lack of respect for the enjoyment of others. I wouldn't dream of diving up the inside of someone on the approach to a tight chicane from a hundred yards back. I also wouldn't dream of swerving around trying to block someone who is trying to overtake me, or trying to gain as many places as possible from the rear of the grid on the approach to T1. We all need to step outside our own little "cocoon of awesomeness", and try to make the online racing experience as enjoyable for others as we expect ourselves. Common sense, respect for others, and a general desire to promote a warm, welcoming atmosphere for everyone.

See you tonight!

Hagen, Nekrobob, sherpa25 and 4 others like this.
  9. nonnex

nonnex Alien

@christopher: Yes I would assume that a driver - how ever his driving skills are - try his best todo so. Im not talking about fun wreckers or careless drivers. But trying his best (beeing a casual or beginner) could result bad on pro servers thats what I wanted to say. To giv the driver information ingame what he can expect and what not on that server he has choosen to join (repeat) was just an idea.
    How ever this is a topic for another thread anyway.

@mino: Exactly This! And: Ah ok didnt knew that, then its indeed simply a lack in information transport and "let the user know".

10. As stated on last stefano tweet, he finished to work on gyro stuff, steam db has been updated on devtest package. Let's hope it works well and it will be released asap..

Epocx likes this.
  11. What I was trying to say is that it is less about whether you are a beginner or not, and more about whether you actually give a damn. I would much rather race a few learners who are trying their best to conform to those unwritten rules rather than a pack of far more experienced clowns who couldn't care less about everyone else!

nonnex, tabis, Jebus and 3 others like this.
  12. demerzel

demerzel Racer

13. Mogster

Mogster Alien

A lot of (usually) younger gamers just don't understand or have any interest in real world racing etiquette. To them swerving left and right on the straights to stop someone overtaking is a reasonable defensive tactic.

People that want to race like that should have somewhere to go online, as should people who like to crash into others. Other than safety ratings or setting baseline lap times I'm not sure how you police this though, just by goodwill alone.

nonnex likes this.
    Epocx likes this.
  15. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Lol @ no one in the chat knowing what a Heave spring is.

16. St3fan

St3fan Alien

We should have an official server with a bumper car mod:D
    Car soccer and car rugby servers would be nice too:D

jc1993 likes this.
  17. Epocx

Epocx Alien

says the formular corsa physics guy :D :D :D
    i understood heat spring.. ;)

Nick Moxley likes this.
  18. I'm guessing most know it from setup screens as the "third spring" as it's hardly ever called as Heave Spring in sims.

19. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

20. Read the whole message!