1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Stopdropgaming 'blancpain' endurance series

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AJ McDaddy, Apr 6, 2015.

1. AJ McDaddy

AJ McDaddy Simracer

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Hey Folks,

At StopDropGaming.com we're starting a six week monthly 'Blancpain Endurance' championship using the URD EGT cars. It will run on Saturdays starting 18th April at 19:00 BST, with dates and circuits being as close to the real life Blancpain GT Endurance series as possible. Each race will last approximately 2hrs.

The first real life race is this weekend at Monza, we're starting the following weekend at Monza to give people a chance to sign up.

CLICK HERE for more information and sign up if you're interested.

Would be good to see some of you sign up. No need for a weekly commitment with this series - it's a monthly championship. :D

We're also running a Porsche Cup weekly on Sundays at the moment. CLICK HERE for more info.

Here's a little promo on the Porsche Cup:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Online Leagues / Championships room Stopdropgaming blancpain endurance series May 18, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Stopdropgaming servers Feb 3, 2015

3. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

I keep telling myself my schedule doesn't allow me this kind of commitment, but I love Blancpain and love endurance racing, so I may have to take the plunge... Would you allow me in from the US west coast? I am usually around a 150-160 ms ping from European servers.

AJ McDaddy likes this.
  4. AJ McDaddy

AJ McDaddy Simracer

@mangal, the beauty of this one is that it runs monthly so less of a commitment - I appreciate sometimes a weekly schedule is difficult to commit to.

We have a few west and East coast members and generally don't have many lag issues. You're welcome to join. :)

5. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus Hardcore Simmer

Damn! This is what I've been looking for, to bad I'll be at work :mad:. Looks great though!

6. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

Right on. I'll start with getting those URD EGT cars.... ;)

AJ McDaddy likes this.
  7. AJ McDaddy

AJ McDaddy Simracer

Hey folks, 8 signed up so far so plenty more space left :)

8. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

I am so looking forward to this. Just over a week to go.

AJ McDaddy likes this.
  9. Hey, in theory i am very interested to participate in this cup, but there are a few things i want to discuss before. First of all, i am very new to sim racing, started only a month ago - but no worries, i really do everything to stay clean (and owning + "properly driving" a sports car IRL, it didn't take me long to adapt). But anyway, i am not sure if my lap times are good enough. One good thing is, that you are allowed to use ABS, i am really bad without it due to only owning the very bad standard T300 pedals so far (this will most definitely change within the next months). Can you tell me what laptimes i should reach (for example at Monza) to make it reasonable to participate? Then i can test it, and find out if it makes sense.
    Second thing is, that one of the races is in the middle of my exams - don't have the exact days so far, but i might be occupied craming for them, and i might not participate in the July's race, so would be possibly "black flag" for me at one race..if this is not a problem.

10. goldtop

goldtop Racer

Would have liked to have signed up for this but I do not use TS as I find it too distracting.

11. AJ McDaddy

AJ McDaddy Simracer

That's a shame as we have TS with push to talk. We find that in our races there is very limited talk. There was one occasion when a member forgot to use push to talk and I put him in his own lobby before the race started. We are a very mature racing crowd with extremely good etiquette so TS is really not an issue., so it's a real shame that is a deciding factor for you.

12. AJ McDaddy

AJ McDaddy Simracer

@manuelecelestiale , not sure what lisp times people are doing yet, but we have a good mix of racers so there's always competition throughout the grid.

We also appreciate that people gave real lives and that is their priority, do I wouldn't sorry if you couldn't commit to a race due to exams.

I have a few videos on my YouTube channel - will post a link - for you to check out our races so you can see rough speeds. Or signup and jump on one of our servers as there's normally someone practising and willing to share setups or give help. I might be on tonight.

snyperal likes this.
  13. Ok seems pretty good. Are the Mercedes, the Bmw Z4 and the McLaren the same as the GT3 versions we have in game? So i could practise a little bit with them on the right racetracks, before thinking about participating which is accompanied with spending 5 euros for the cars...Didn't drive on most of the tracks so far, spent over 50 hours only on the Nordschleife. So i think before going public, i have to get to know the respective tracks first, at least 5 hours or so per track, to not get embarrassed ;) But apart that, i would be glad to jump on your servers - setup, i think this will become my biggest problem the next time. While i have a rudimentary knowledge, what the changes you do are causing, finding the right setup for the different tracks is a whole different story..think i will struggle at the beginning, especially in such long races, to find the right thing.
    So when i sign up at the stopdropgaming, i get the password for the servers?

14. AJ McDaddy

AJ McDaddy Simracer

It depends which servers. For league races we have pre-booked servers (no password required but only those signed up can access). For practice servers we leave them open unless we want people to test and make sure they have the right liveries. The Blancpain practice server is open :)

15. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

Hi @manuelcelestiale,

A few more comments beyond what AJ said:

I reckon as long as you can keep it on track and not be a hazard to others you'll be fine. I have about 600 hrs on AC, but I am certainly not the fastest. I drive the Porsche/Darche and run at high 1:52, low 1:53 on Monza. I saw on the series forum that someone in the Corvette runs 1:49s, so there will be a variation. That's inevitable, anyway, in an endurance race. Watched 2/3rd so far of the IRL Blancpain Monza this weekend, and even then you have massive variation between the top pros and the Am Cup. If we take the 107% rule (not in effect, but gives you a guideline), 107% of 1:49:0 would get somewhere 1:56:6 qualifying pace.

For me, this was an easy reason to purchase the URD EGT cars, and have been loving the Porsche (my favorite car brand, haven't even tried the others), and they look great. Well worth the few Euros, and I basically saw it as the price of admission to the series. If it had been AC GT3 cars I would have driven the SLS or the GTR, but actually being able to drive a Porsche in this series makes me a very happy boy.

Because races are a month apart, I'd concentrate on whatever track is up next. You got 5 days to master Monza. :) As far as setup goes, try the default, then drop the aero and slam the car to the ground/60 mm (Monza is pretty flat, and basically just a series of long straights with a few corners, so is an ultra low downforce track), and maybe tick the gearing one click longer on final ratio, as a start, then work from there. For reference, I am now reaching 257 kph at the end of the front straight (though there is surely room for improvement)

The practice server is easy to find. Just type "blancpain" in the search box. I've done over 160 laps there now over the weekend... mostly alone, because I am on the US west coast, but had the occasional guest as well. (which showed that even with 160ms ping or so, there was no lagging)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
    snyperal and AJ McDaddy like this.
  16. Awesome. Think i will participate. Before i drove the SLS for about 90 minutes, and in the last half an hour i got around 1:56-1:57 laps when driving safe with medium tires. Of corse this would become a little worse in the race when i get the blue flag, which will obviously happen very often. But this was my first time on Monza, so i think if i can find another 6 or 7 hours till the race (+ find a proper setup), this time might become a second better or two. Think i am in. Will buy the car package now - and then i have to choose between the Porsche and the Ferrari :eek:
    Will go into the practice server later, is there any Teamspeak where you meet, when you are practising? Talking to someone, what i could do better would definitely help..

Edit: Won't make it tonight, but tomorrow evening i am coming to the server training, for sure

17. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

right on, great news. During the week you're unlikely to encounter me, as I am on BST-8 hrs/CET-9 hrs and I have a day job :), but will be on the weekends. If you like, we could meet an hour or so earlier on saturday before the race at 7PM BST/11AM PST in the practice server?

TS info is in the series forum Rules and Info thread at stopdropgaming.com

18. all right, would be nice. :)
    Just watching the Monza race, and while i understand that the Bentley isn't in the AC eventseries, because it probably isn't there yet as a mod, i am wondering why the Nissan GTR is not in :eek:..it's my favourite GT3 car from AC, to be honest :( why isn't it in there?

19. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

The AC GT3 cars are a little quicker than the EGT cars. There are only 4 AC GT3 cars, whereas there are 5+1 (Corvette) URD EGT cars, so they decided to go with just the EGT cars for max variety, but without mixing them together to keep it even-ish.

snyperal and AJ McDaddy like this.
  20. Ah ok. Yes, seems reasonable. Maybe there are new cars out (Bentley ) when the next season Starts..
    For this one it's Porsche or Ferrari for me, i guess.
    Had to sort some stuff out, but I am definitely in.
    Tomorrow i'll sign up
    Edit: Just realized, that there is no Porsche in the real race..so apparently we are reliving the 2014 season Forget about this, just found one, easy to overlook when 57 cars are in race :)

snyperal and mangal like this.
  21. Unfortunately i won't be able to take part...real life things hold me, i only come back home at around 19:30 BST at Saturday, that's even to late for qualification i guess..furthermore i didn't have the time to practise till today, so i really would be to unprepared, don't want to impede the serious racers of you..that's sad, if it would start in one month i would be most definitely in, but this just came a little to soon for me...
    Next season for me then, i guess :)