1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Straight line speed at Monza (MoTeC i2)

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by JnJ | Rayleigh, Mar 9, 2019.

1. iVG

iVG Alien

Is it a passive aerodynamic feature by design or just a consequence of a good aero efficiency? I'm assuming it's a deviation from the normal drag/speed curve.

2. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

I know, but since he said it's maybe too strong right now, maybe they could slightly reduce the current effect when you are too close.

3. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

Its probally a flexible lifting body, you see the same thing in f1. The wing flexes at higher speeds changing the coefficient of lift and reducing induced drag (drag generated from lift generation)

4. iVG

iVG Alien

That's what I thought since moving aerodynamic surfaces aren't allowed. Was just curious if it's intentional or just a side effect. Also aren't wings and spoilers tested for flex as in F1?

5. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

No flexible stuff and splitter don't flex.
    But you can create interesting stuff with turbulence and that's all I'll say on this matter, sorry :p

6. iVG

iVG Alien

Oh turbulent air being used to create bypasses of certain aero surfaces above certain speed and render them useless to reduce drag. Smart

7. Is that something that depends a lot on rake, therefore we need to find the best value for that, or it just works after a certain speed?

8. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

rake always important, but because it is happening at the very front end, it is relatively less dependent.

menos | M6 and Black Is Back like this.
  9. Some aero surfaces stall out at higher speeds.
    Now I'm interested in finding out how best to set up the car to get the most out of it knowing this.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  10. corey.rogers

corey.rogers Gamer

This is similar to what I see during practice and races, except for the Bentley and BMW since I haven't run them at Monza. The lambo seems like it should be awesome except I have problems with the handling especially at this track. Seems too stiff for my driving style. The old GTR I'm just plain slow in the turns and can't get that car to accelerate at all to get a descent speed or lap time. The Jag is still the car for me and the 2018 GTR comes a close second. Only prob with the Jag is the mileage sucks. Ran sprint weekend at Monza against AI at 100% and ran out of fuel approaching the line. Got 7th by 6 thousands of a second and engine map was set to 2 from lap 2 till the end. Second race was even worse though much of it was spend at Map 2. Half way on the last lap had to give up places and drive at 80 km/h.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  11. tw1st

tw1st Racer

Is it possible that you can repeat the speed tests cause of the Ferrari and Bentley BoP adjustments?