1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Streaming with ACC in fullscreen

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Dumedo, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Dumedo

Dumedo Gamer

Hi, I'm trying to stream ACC with OBS.

ACC video is captured but when I press drive the image in my streaming stand still, I can only hear sound from my microphone and from ACC, when I press ESC and stop driving image in streaming come back live and in my streaming I can see setup and other players driving and all others stuff we can do without driving.
    In my streaming my car never leave the pit.

This when I'm in ACC in fullscreeen, if a set ACC to fullscreen window borderless OBS capture also my driving but I lost smoothness in ACC and also got a drop in FPS, this is why I prefer fulllscreen.

Anybody knows how to correctly capture ACC in fullscreen?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC crash while streaming Streamlabsobs Mar 4, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Charles Leclerc streaming ACC on twitch and it's bugging the hell out of me Apr 24, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Streaming ACC to Home TV with Nvidia Shield Oct 29, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Blancpain GT Series TV/Streaming access? Mar 13, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars 720S Evo banner (texture streaming) May 27, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Streaming on Twitch , enjoy :) May 3, 2022
    ACC Tools Race Element - Provides Solutions for Sim Racing. HUDs, Data, Setups, Liveries, Streaming. Apr 25, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Reflections on the difficulty of streaming and commenting on races and championships Mar 11, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Streaming online help Oct 16, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Streaming issue Aug 19, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Streaming with one PC May 10, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Streaming Server Specs Apr 26, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Possible to add HUD/menu display on monitor (spectator) for streaming? Mar 17, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Oculus streaming issue Feb 16, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Streaming with VR Dec 21, 2019

3. Fr0zzen

Fr0zzen Gamer

I’m not an OBS expert but maybe try monitor capture you seem to use game capture.

4. Dumedo

Dumedo Gamer

Yes I'm using game capture, I'll try display capture

5. John Dalton

John Dalton Racer

I use game capture & it has worked in fullscreen & windowed borderless.

6. Dumedo

Dumedo Gamer

Can you post your OBS settings?

7. John Dalton

John Dalton Racer

On the game capture window I use the following:

upload_2020-9-3_21-17-47.png

GregRedd likes this.
  8. Dumedo

Dumedo Gamer

And you are fullscreen on ACC and you use OBS Studio (classic)?

9. Sascha H.

Sascha H. Gamer

Using fullscreen instead of windowed mode will force the hardware to use all resources possible for the application in foreground running. You should use Windowed Mode if you wanna stream and play at the same time, else your streaming experience goes down the drain. A friend did a stream yesterday for a test playing another game in Fullscreen. I told him, that his stream is lagging and stuttering all the time. I told him to switch to windowed mode and viola problem was solved.

10. Dumedo

Dumedo Gamer

Where do you read/verify this? It is not true. And also if it might be slightly true it's another issue, you are talking about another thing.

I regularly stream another Simulator (RF2) and I'm fullscreen with no problem for the streaming.

I don't care if your friend/cousin/brother/friend of a friend of a friend told you once that if he drive with his finger crossed he can manage to stream better.
    Please stick to real and tested (in person) facts, thank you.

If I go Borderless or Windows I got some stuttering and lower FPS than Fullscreen in ACC and in RF2, this is why I need to stream Fullscreen.

11. John Dalton

John Dalton Racer

I use Streamlabs OBS to stream but essentially the same base code.

Dumedo likes this.
  12. Sascha H.

Sascha H. Gamer

13. Dumedo

Dumedo Gamer

It's ok, but you agree with me that you are at least OT, it's a different topic totally different. I'm happy that you try to help other people, but you are not helping me. It looks like you don't even read all the thread and reply randomly with something similar.

Again I can't use window mode because I have little stuttering in corners. So I asked if someone is using fullscreen and how. You replay that window mode is better than fulllscreen and go OT.

Am I wrong?

14. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

I set up OBS to capture any fullscreen application (game capture) and it is working without any other configuration needed. It was just to record and stream a few replay clips for friends, configuration was done in a minute. How did you set up your source? This information would have been helpful.

The statement above with the fullscreen mode priority is true, it is a basic windows function. Window mode also adds a huge input lag, as it configures a different method to buffer frames and should be avoided for gaming.
    The Youtuber Battle(non)sense has a huge video series about netcode, latency and input lag in many games, which is also offtopic, but might be worth watching.