1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Streetfight [MR] servers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Christopher Low, Oct 23, 2016.

1. fabT

fabT Alien

I thought too the E92 was in the same ballpark.
    However my point is the Levante is quite slow compared to other cars.
    I mean > 3 seconds per-lap ... :(

2. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I get that every time I race against @pctm … in the same car. ;)

Schnipp likes this.
  3. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Just was 3rd only 0,329s behind the winner. 1M, 370Z and RX7, who needs BoP!? :D
    The battle for 4th looked amazing in the mirror, like bumper-cars. :rolleyes:

@Gunja
    Can we know what track will come tomorrow or will it be a surprise?

Will the 718 Cayman be added if it isn't too fast? Or isn't that planned dlc-wise?

4. Berry

Berry Alien

The 718 will demolish those cars, its performance is closer to the Stingray in real life.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

5. Gunja

Gunja Alien

I planned Imola for tomorrow. In this mix, i think maybe Porsche SUVs... we'll see when we try them ;)

Schnipp and Radfahrer like this.
  6. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

The 4C is the fastest of the cars, at least on tracks that don't benefit from raw power.
    I could've done a 1:42.5 at Brands, hadn't I messed up the lap at Stirlings (a bit too wide, hit the grass and off it went).

SMOKING__MONKEY3 likes this.
  7. The best I managed in the Lotus Exige 240R was a 1:44.034, and my pace in that is usually very close to the Alfa Romeo 4C....

Gunja likes this.
  8. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I also tried the 240R. Sometimes I drive AI races offline with 1M, 240R, 4C and RX-7, those cars are pretty even matched.
    It seems the 240R suffers a bit more due to the street tires and had quite some understeer.

Imola is great for that car list.

The RX-7 seems to be pretty competitive, too, but the 1M suffers a bit in slow corners.

Gunja likes this.
  9. Yes, that's true. I keep forgetting that performance comparisons with street tyres are sometimes not the same as they are with semislicks......and I generally test drive my road cars with semislicks. I really should think about changing that.......

Gunja likes this.
  10. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

From my testing at brands, the scura was the fastest with a 1:42.1. The 4C was close with a 42.3. I only tested the scura, 4C and 370Z though.

But the 4C wins my heart with its gorgeous looks ;)

Gunja likes this.
  11. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

TBH, I find the 4C boring.
    Sound is a bit lame and gears are so long with big spreads. It feels like ages that you stay in 3rd, 4th and sometimes 5th. Can't remember using 6th (or my memory is just one gear off).
    Plus it's hardly challenging to drive.

It does look great though.

12. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I wish this would be a MR AB server.

It's great fun, but getting bumped from behind 4 times (not even in braking zone) and 2-3 times from the side while driving straight or holding inside/outside line in half a lap is just ridiculous. :(

Ace Pumpkin and SMOKING__MONKEY3 like this.
  13. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

I agree, from my limited time there I had some pretty heated battle too. Cars with such different characteristics needs very patient and clean drivers, otherwise there can be a lot of bumping involved.

Ace Pumpkin and Gunja like this.
  14. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I drove the Levante for a race.
    It was a blast, big grin on my face and only a few minor contacts plus one big where 3 cars where simply not possible without crashing (that can happen).

So I decided to stay in the car, but the next race was just ridiculous. Seems some of them are just not aware of other drivers or have no idea about helicorsa and minorating (or even clean racing in general).
    Got bumped down to C today and the last race probably means it takes some effort to get back to B.

Gunja likes this.
  15. Gunja

Gunja Alien

It all comes down to what kind of day you're having. Starting from the mood you're in, to the amount of luck you were assigned with for that day.
    MR AB is very nice to race on, but i'm afraid there would be too little traffic. Tried it.
    This is not big as ALOOG. That's one of the greatest racing communities and this is only one server that's here now and who knows for how long.
    So ABC is just trying to get most out of it i'm afraid.
    I even thought about removing MR all together and giving that a try. Not expecting it to get cleaner (doh) but less stressful when you get touched 10x per race. Let's face it, people do tend to lean on each other more than with GT racing cars.
    But can you imagine on the other hand, how many revenge crashing would happen if no one had fear of dropping below targeted MR grade?
    It's just best not to check daily how many CPs you've collected. Give it some time and it balances out.
    If a person is very stressed when downgraded to B, better stick to AB servers is what i'd recommend.

16. I only know that my grade is A or B. I have never checked it in detail, and I never will either. I have had my fair share of frustrations on this server (just like anywhere else), but they will not stop me from coming back. The car/track combo is the best on offer, and the server is very popular. As someone who loves full grids for every race, that is priceless.

Jadonyx and Gunja like this.
  17. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Well, I was pretty close to a revenge move at T5, but I "only" pushed my braking point as much as possible (without contact).

Just to get to a better mood I went on a ABCN server with all GT-R Nismo road cars at Zandvoort with (almost) full grid.
    6 laps, 49% attack range, 0 contacts with a few overtakes and really close racing for the first 5 of the 6 laps.
    (luckily that race I canceled didn't make it into my MR stats and zandvoort was enough to get to B again)

I know ABC is better for traffic and a full server, but man it can be frustrating if you try to be clean.
    Of course I will come back to Street Fight server, it's just so much fun with good drivers.

Gunja likes this.
  18. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I don't think that grade C in general is a problem. I've seen racers at grade C that were doing just fine.
    But then I've seen B divebombers as well.

The biggest problem with grade C is that the spread is sooooooo huuuuuuuuge.
    With grade C you will get the bottom of grade C as well and those people are just horrible drivers. :(

Gunja likes this.
  19. Nao

Nao Alien

From what i saw in replays from this server (including the two races @Schnipp mentiones) every crash was either lack of skill or lag (felipe_T guy). Yeah some people brake way too late which is bad, but many of the bumps/crashes are from racing really closely in tight packs, and except for being a complete pussy which in itself is sometimes dangerous, learning from experience is the only way these people will improve (or loose interest).

In the end racing properly is really hard, and the more interest there is in sim-driving the more unskilled racers there will be in pubs.
    So imho treat it as "growing pains" and remember that from time to time everybody becomes a crasher for somebody else.

Schnipp and Gunja like this.
  20. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

That's true, but B just gives you access to more servers.
    Personally I don't mind otherwise if I'm A, B or C. It doesn't change how I drive.

Of course I'm more careful on MR servers, it would be just stupid to not be aware on those. Doesn't mean I'm a wrecker on non-MR servers.

Gunja and Alexandr66 like this.