1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Streetfight [MR] servers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Christopher Low, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

The kmr servers are better than the rest, but they still pale in comparison to the street fighter server!

If qualify up front you can have a pretty good race as long as they are at least 3 others that can keep up, otherwise it’s pretty easy to drive away from the pack. The lapped cars never have a clue either.

If you don’t qualify it becomes a **** show real quick, t1 is usually cause for the race to restart 5 times till people figure out when to brake...

2. Yes, I have visited those KMR servers a few times, but the car options are generally the same stuff that is peddled everywhere else. As for the restarts.....I remember eight successive ones at Monza :eek:

3. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

The question that comes right to my mind is: Are there enough residents to justify a dedicated streetcar server? Remember @Berniyh just offered to host one. I am in the boat, but due to late shifts not really capable to admin, nor host one.
    What would be your suggestion @Christopher Low?

4. I will always join a new SF server. I think a proper HW\MW street cars would catch many of people lost on pick up online play.

Some Racedepartment (free and legal) mods should also be added to spice things. If so please make it clear on server name to help some newbies. :D

Christopher Low likes this.
  5. I would love to see a dedicated road car server again, and can only echo Diogo's comments above. It is extremely frustrating to check out the AC server lobby every week, and see quite a few occupied servers, but absolutely nothing of interest to me. It seems that more AC users are prepared to join aimless practice servers than they are road car race servers :confused:

Ricky Reject and Diogo Ramalho like this.
  6. brioche

brioche Racer

I have now added one more option for mass incidents on start which is Virtual Safety Car instead of autorestart but I can see some admins still picking the old restart option as many guys are clueless about what VSC is and are kicked into space before they realize that those warnings are real :D.
    Same seen in Kissmyrank rolling start/formation lap mode, some players just blindly overtaking everyone at start and then being kicked in a few seconds, but anyway it's a good way to clean up some terrible players and make them learn what formation lap is. Some kicked players then rejoin and do the full formation lap the proper way so there is hope (I am assuming some just never saw it into AC and they need to touch before they can believe :D).

7. The problem with race starts is that one incident can have a domino effect, and that effect can sometimes result in innocent drivers getting teleported back to the pits, or even kicked from the server. I guess that there is no accurate way of determining whether someone is guilty of bad driving or not when these incidents occur, but it can be frustrating to have my race ended in seconds when I have been waiting half an hour for it to start! However, I do appreciate the effort that you have made to improve the situation, and provide some incentive to race. I particularly like the feature where drivers who ignore blue flags are kicked. That one is very special ;)

8. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

Have you had a really good look ;)

9. From time to time I usualy open a server named "Clean Racing XX - RaceDepartment Mods"

As mod content I have:

Tracks: Barbagallo ; Bikernieki ; Bridgehampton ; Croft ; Donington ; New Jersey ; Okayama ; Paul Ricard ; Riverside ; TorPoznam ; VIR ; Watkins Glen

Cars: Honda NSX ; NFS Class A and B ; Jaguar XJ 13 ; Lola T70 MkII ; Veloce GTS-8 ; RSS GT1.

I have a few combos already done for MW and HW and devided by classes. If someone want I can share. I like to mix old cars with modern cars.

10. brioche

brioche Racer

Thank you. Blue flags are one of the reasons why i started with Kissmyrank. It's a bit frustrating when you're far into a long race and someone joins and thinks it's his right to race you with new tyres, maybe even bumping your race into hell.

Regarding collisions you're right, it's not fun to get damage in these chain events. However it also happens in real life (just a tad more often in AC) and it helps me to think that these guys will not be able to do it for long as their money/points or whatever will run out (even though some of the KMR servers are tweaked to increase the audience with forgiving damage so this takes a bit more). That's the nice part of knowing that every crash has a consequence.
    On top of that, I improved cut detection so that you won't get a penalty for just being bumped out of track.
    A cut is considered as a whole and your driving line during a cut is evaluated against the fastest lap of the session (e.g. penalty is only given if rejoining the track without losing enough time as compared to the fastest lap of the session, that is if such lap has been posted, usually after lap 1 and it evolves as the pace evolves).

Pretend racer and chksix like this.
  11. Mike Kadlcak

Mike Kadlcak Gamer

KMR is brilliant! love it how it forces the crazy guys to behave 1st lap. Either they learn or leave the server.

12. brioche

brioche Racer

Thank you :)!

13. Rennsimulanten have a BMW 1M @ Zandvoort server up at the moment. It's ABCN, but that should not worry road car enthusiasts. Consider the act of joining as a way to improve the overall quality of the server clientele ;)

14. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Yes it should!
    Rennsimulanten with these MR setting equals pure carnage...
    I know from experience.

15. I have had a couple of decent races there over the past two days, although there were only around ten drivers on the grid.

16. Another test session @ Magione.....this time with the McLaren MP4-12C and Lamborghini Gallardo SL. As expected, the McLaren was a ***** to handle around this track, but I was really surprised by the Gallardo. Not only was it much more comfortable to drive than I remember, but it was a full two seconds quicker! To be honest, I am still puzzled by that. Is it simply the four wheel drive traction showing its benefits on such a tight track?

EDIT: This is with the street tyre option (which is my default drive these days), and TC disabled.

17. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

Interest of a revival of a street car server is there, but Im not sure time is. I sometimes drive a few laps offline or even join a race online here and there, and if I knew a street car server was hosted it would probably be the first server I'd check.

Having said that, Im not sure Im the right person to be asked to populate...

18. AC Online 2018, Day 87....

Had a poke around the server lobby again today. Looking for some road car action. No sign of life. When will it all end? I remember online racing's golden age. Streetfight. A wonderful mix of road cars immersed in a cauldron of engine noise and swirling dust. Exquisitely modelled supercars engaged in a screaming battle for supremacy. Side by side in an eternal struggle for domination. Powerslides. Trail braking. Spinning off into the sand. All of it sublime.

Racing's golden age. A time to remember.

A time we must not forget....

19. Server open on my side. Please join. Open for others.

Server Name: Clean Racing NFS (Q6min | R10min+1) - RaceDepartment Mods

-Link Acura NSX (Tuned)
    -Link Dodge Viper
    -Link Ferrari 512 TR
    -Link Lambo Diablo VT

RX-7 (Tuned)

@

-Link Watkins Glen

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    Mathieu Labbé and Pretend racer like this.
  20. I could not find your server, Diogo :(