1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Struggling to keep control

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by swannyuk, Sep 16, 2018.

1. XandaoGamer

XandaoGamer Rookie

The other day I came home from a pub and went hotlapping just for fun. My average times were in the 1:59's and I wasn't really caring about pace. Somehow, In a way I'll never figure out, I managed to lap at 1:58.2, drunk as pig, and I had never managed to get even close to it in the next couple of days.

So today I decided to play a bit with the conservative setup: added some negative camber, put a little less fuel and added some toe on the rear wheels... the result was an instant and effortless 1:57.8.

As someone said above setup is a BIG DEAL in this game. I wish the developers would add some boxes with explanations about what does what, like there was in AC. Setting up the car can make a huge difference and the average gamer is not exactly a race engineer.

MonkeyBoyzRevenge and Retrolux like this.
  2. John Addison

John Addison Gamer

[QUOTE="XandaoGamer, post: 993561, member: 190307"

So today I decided to play a bit with the conservative setup: added some negative camber, put a little less fuel and added some toe on the rear wheels... the result was an instant and effortless 1:57.8.

As someone said above setup is a BIG DEAL in this game. I wish the developers would add some boxes with explanations about what does what, like there was in AC. Setting up the car can make a huge difference and the average gamer is not exactly a race engineer.[/QUOTE]

Great suggestion I hope they listen. You can not get away with a so..so setup with this. I run back and forth from PC2 and back into ACC looking for setup info...lol

3. It's this one.

The difference comes from the stability. You can just throw the car in and it never fight back. With Kunos setup I have to brake a bit earlier, do a tiny bit of coasting to prepare the car into corner but with that setup it's like AC: braking until the apex and boom, back into throttle. Also it felt like the car can handle those insta-spin kerbs better if you slide a tad wide. In general it just makes life easier.

I had no time to do many laps so I also might be talking complete bullcrap but give it a shot and use it if you like it.

4. BEsnake

BEsnake Racer

This setup is great done many laps on it so far got my in a 57.1 in hotlap and avg do mid 57's( i should be able to reach 56.5 with a clean lap) i came from hardly averaging 58s on default.
    Oh and having over 60 fps helps alot aswell

Even in a race i finaly got into the high 57's and i can finaly race the AI at 97% or more

I realy need to research how to properly set these cars up for my liking

5. John Addison

John Addison Gamer

How and where can you adjust the AI ?

6. Retrolux

Retrolux Racer

Good driving but the setup seems to strange. If you look at the cockpit screen many numbers are 0 or even NaN (Not a Number). Looks like the used setups might be settings that are changed using a text editor instead of the ingame setup settings?

D_Rod and Thug like this.
  7. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Didn't notice that, but naughty if they did.

8. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

In Single Player, go into Game Mode and change to Quick Race then there is the option to change AI skill and aggression.

9. John Addison

John Addison Gamer

Thank you

10. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Replays don't show correct values, in my experience.

11. mms

mms Alien

Didn't make miracles for me lol. Got back to my slightly modified setup based on the safe setup. I'm not too fast though, 1:55 is close and reachable, if once I could nail all corners it could be done... Pretty satisfied with that though, never was the fastest, especially in GT3's.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  12. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Thanks. I couldn't get it to show up in ACC, though so I kept tweaking mine :p

So after reverting some changes I found that the front damper rebound makes a huge difference. I lowered it from 8 to 4 in order to improve on-throttle turning behaviour. It works very well and I'm now under 1:56.5, consistently with a high 1:55 as a fastest lap on the leaderboards. Confidence in the car has increased big time and I crash less. There's more in there...especially in the damper config. I'll share my setup later.

I see how some drivers don't mind the setup, much, like @henri but for me it makes a big difference. If I accidentally start with the basic agressive setup I'm back to 1:58. I guess it's the very fast drivers that can adapt well to the car...so not me :p

mms likes this.
  13. mms

mms Alien

Thanks for the tip, the only problem I currently have with my setup is that the car doesn't want to rotate enough on corner exit, lowering the front damper rebound will help with that? I've read a lot about dampers and how they work, but still not clear how they affect the car's behaviour :(

LeDude83 likes this.
  14. Tightening front rebound might help. Stronger ARB's at back might also work..

mms likes this.
  15. Do you ever had some casual temporary grip issues?
    Couple of times in pratice I struggled to keep control of the car. Same time of the day, same setup and everything.

I don't know what caused those couple of situations. But after that I managed to drive hours without a single of those "wtf moments"

16. mms

mms Alien

Thanks for the tips, I finally ended up softening the front ARB a bit instead, I now have the rotation I want, and it also gives me the grip I want on the exit. The downside is that now it bottoms out more easily, so cannot really overdo the curbs, but I like that I can now power-slide out of the corners...

With all that said, I'm happy to finally have cracked the 1:56 limit, and got mid 1:55 as my best lap :cool:

Here's the setup, nothing special really, won't do any miracles, but might work for some, pretty sure just crappy for others :p

Attached Files:

17. TDS

TDS Alien

edit the file name, remove the spaces and time from the name than it will show up. cheers

LeDude83 likes this.
  18. swannyuk

swannyuk Racer

I'm down to a 1:54.5 with that setup. Gone back to 900 degrees rotation but put the steering ratio down to 10. The stability is amazing compared to the default setups!