1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Struggling with brakes and win 10 issues

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShimonART, Jan 4, 2016.

1. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

Hi guys and girls
    ever since i got my csr elite pedals (replacing my g27 pedals) iam really struggling to stop the car . is there any advice you can give me? i have the pedals set to 10
    I also wanted to ask if there is a way to make more travel for the brake pedal because it is really really tight and i don't like it this way and i have some issues with making the pedals work with this game ever since i got win 10 , every time i go to track i have to reconnect the pedals .

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality For all you Vr guys struggling with fps, try this out: Jan 7, 2020
    ACC Gameplay AI is still struggling at Eau Rouge/Raidillon & Blanchimont also Bruxelles Nov 1, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals FFB at Curbs Struggling Jan 20, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Struggling to keep control Sep 16, 2018
    Chit Chat Room struggling with sf15-t at bahrain Apr 21, 2017
    Chit Chat Room struggling with nvidia drivers Dec 27, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Struggling Dec 6, 2016
    Chit Chat Room To anyone struggling with the Huracan... Jun 13, 2016
    Chit Chat Room For them who are struggling to make a server/opening ports Nov 2, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Struggling to break loose the rears. Apr 2, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Is AC struggling to keep people interested? Feb 13, 2014
    ACC Physics brakes, motec no longer works to adjust the car? Jul 17, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Cannot remap throttle / brakes on gamepad Nov 27, 2022
    ACC Gameplay My Disc brakes aren't glowing anymore? Jul 14, 2022
    ACC Physics Advice on fuel and brakes for 90 minute race Jan 27, 2021

3. Turk

Turk Alien

I have the same pedals. Bring up the pedal app in assetto corsa to see what happens when you're pressing the brake, maybe you have it set too high? The load cell on the brake seems to be the part most likely to fail, so I wouldn't set it too high.

You can adjust the travel of all the pedals by moving where it attaches. All you need is some allen keys and spanners.

I sometimes lose all my devices and have to set them up all over again, it happens rarely but it does happen.

I have to get onto fanatec about my set of pedals, they're not holding up to well. I'm on my second load cell which is also showing the same failure signs as the first one, and now the accelerator is starting to get the jitters. That piece of foam or whatever it is in the brake pedal feels like it's sticking now as well. I wish they'd put a spring in there.

Their customer service was pretty good though, if you continue to have problems send them an email. You're under warranty so if there's any problems now's the time to contact support for replacement parts.

4. iVG

iVG Alien

I have the same pedals as you guys. Go to options -> controls. Press the brake and watch the bar that starts rising when you press the pedal. If it goes too low, try turning the knob behind the brake pedal to lower value. I put some more travel into the brake so the bar doesn't go to 100%, instead I bring the limiter down in AC controls to match pedals at max travel.

5. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Simracer

Also make sure the brake linearity is at 1 in the advanced control options ;)

ShimonART likes this.
  6. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

I have to add that only with AC iam struggling with braking , in LFS I can go 100 braking without locking up but in a ac I need to push really hard just to get 100% and then I lock up really quick .
    the brake pedal is max , I have them inverted so its on the second hole from the top but its still too tight for my liking , are there any mods that add a spring or something?

7. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Simracer

I would if you can try changing the hole you have it in so that you have a less straight angle,if you have the rod and brake pedal at 90 degrees it'll be harder to push.

Also for your disconnect issues make sure to use a usb 2 port for your Fanatec gear this may help.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  8. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

In addition to the suggestions offered, you can test your peddles using DIView to be sure that your getting 100% travel and even re-calibrate, adjusting for any deficiencies or jitter.

I use it to set up my CST's and also it allows adjustment of the load-cell brake range setting.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
    Thomas Cameron likes this.