1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Stupid question: tc 1/12-12/12, which means more electronic assist?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by St3fan, Oct 22, 2015.

1. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I'm just confused as which gives more assist. I mostly drive with TC off, but sometimes I need a little bit help (with some cars, with some temperature, with some traction level, etc) but get confused which level to set to.

Also, is there a fast way to turn off TC (especially in MP on a server that enables TC by default) rather than use Ctrl-T to go through all the possible settings?

Thanks.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Very Stupid question Sep 23, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Potentially stupid question(s) Mar 31, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Stupid question Jun 19, 2017
    Chit Chat Room A dumb little question, excuse my stupidity. Feb 5, 2016
    ACC Gameplay AI still making stupid mistakes Mar 6, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards [I was stupid] Ratings change during SP even if "Online stats" is set to "Multiplayer only" Feb 13, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Stupid things wreaking a good game Aug 16, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Stupidest and most unfinished game I've ever played. Apr 25, 2020
    ACC Gameplay very stupid situation easy to fix Sep 25, 2019
    ACC Gameplay A few stupid bugs in sprint weekend: retiring and pitting Oct 20, 2018
    Suggestions Stupid Idea? Nov 5, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Groundeffekt / Underbody aero is there a problem or am I too stupid :) Jan 4, 2017
    Console Lounge I know it must be a... well... stupid request, but... Dec 8, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Randomly AI went stupid -KEY_NOT_FOUND: [RACE] AI_LEVEL Aug 28, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Penalty system is still pretty stupid. Aug 8, 2015

3. ouvert

ouvert Alien

I was told that lower number is (agianst logic) maximum assist and as you go higher you are going down with it ...

fastest for me is to bind CTRL+T and CTRL+A to wheel buttons (in logitech profiler) ... until they get controls and binding sorted (until is used in purpose, cause I don`t believe this could be what they want for final version) :)

4. LilSki

LilSki Alien

I use joytokey and map ctrl-a, ctrl-t, and F11 to some buttons on my wheel.

5. There is no explanation about how it works, and no button to return to default. Also at the start of the session when TC is set to default, it is represented as 1. But with some cars when you cahange it and come back to 1, it behaves different than original default.

You can ask developers to add button to set default value but you will get bashed for it and maybe banned.

donShere, Snooky and Big Engine like this.
  6. ouvert

ouvert Alien

and could you pls ask for one more button .. for going step back with TC (so we don`t have to go through 12 settings to go back to zero .. or so we could bind it to rotationary switch) .. you`ll be bashed and banned anyway so ... :)

kro likes this.
  7. And when you are at it, suggest them something like customizable controls for it..

8. ouvert

ouvert Alien

yeah .. we should make a list and sacriface one guy .. volunteers ??

donShere, SomeLankyGuy, CamsX and 3 others like this.
  9. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I mean it's quite annoying that I sometimes can accidentally go over "off" and turn on TC (or abs) again. So there is no way for "off" atm, right?

10. Of course not, this game is in development only 2 years

EDIT: It's more actually

VĂ­tor Sousa likes this.
  11. ouvert

ouvert Alien

12. misterbeam

misterbeam Hardcore Simmer

THe lowest level is the easiest, but it will slow you down! the highest one, ithe msot difficult (less assist) but won't slow down your engine! find the setting that suits you best :)

13. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

And eventually drive with it off.

14. misterbeam

misterbeam Hardcore Simmer

On most of AC official cars, driving without TC is usually faster :D maybe, the TC frequency is not high enough :)

15. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Actually depends on the car since it uses a lookup table - in the Z4 GT3 setting 1 is most restrictive and 12 is least, in the 458 and MP4-12C (last I looked, anyway) setting 10 is the most restrictive and 9 is the least (no it doesn't make sense. blame england)

Snjper likes this.
  16. St3fan

St3fan Alien

That's confusing... cuz you would think 12/12=1=100% right..?

OMG really? That's even more confusing. Is there any collected info on this lookup table? It seems that I need to have individual manuals for individual cars in AC as irl.

17. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

The game has been out for years and we still don't have these basic things sorted out. We need propper abs/tc descriptions with a bindable abs/tc up/down button (and eventually the option to use wheel's dpads). Users are asking for this from the early access but it seems that the priority are things like the glowing discs that are looking very good on consoles :(

18. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I would hope that AC would do it like in R3E: there you can use the pit to set up any TC step to any level you want (in %). That way you can have linear as well as non-linear progression when you switch through the settings. The latter would be interesting with advanced tire models that have no longer linear tire wear, but non-linear. You may have a phase when the tire wears out fast, and then it reaches a plateau and stays stabile for relatively long time, then it degrades a bit faster again and progressively over a longer time, then reaches a plateau again at a lower structural integrity level - drivers say there even can be temporary raises later on in the tire's lifespan . If you have tested the tire and know its behaviour very well, you do not need to switch through all TC settings to find a match whenever you feel the tire has changed again, but you just switch to the next setting, because you have programmed a profile before. You do not have something like 100-90-80-70-60% etc like there is now, but you may have something like for example 20-30-45-55-40-60%.And you n ever search for the matching set, but just move the TC switch one mark further.

I did not knew that drivers do this at least in some series. But I saw a dev stream for R3E where a driver said that sometimes it gets done like this indeed (ADAC GT Master series). I assume he knew what he was talking, since he was the last season's champion. If I recall it correctly - I am not certain anymore I must admit, and I do not feel like wanting to go through those 105 minutes of video again - he even indicated that sometimes TC gets changed back and forth between settings within just one and the same lap, to prepare for the track section ahead.

In AC, this ability would be especially interesting for players never using much TC or only low doses of it, but would like to have finer grain when dialing in the "right" step for TC in cockpit. Instead of having a 5-step range reading 100-80-60-40-20%, if that is what it is now, they maybe would orefer to just have 5-10-15-20-25%. Much more control over TC settings!

In real race series, regulations only say what assists are allowed, must be installed or are banned, and of what technical specifications the systems must be (there are various ways to have something serving as an ABS, if I understood it correctly). Some things like ABS practically get used by all teams and drivers, even if its use is voluntary, since its advantages outclass any opposing argument. Regulations nevertheless say nothing, AFAIK, what efficiency and effectiveness levels the systems and their sub-steps must have. - AFAIK, at least. I am no intimate experts of these rule books. Nor can I imagine they make an interesting reading for the novice.

Also, especially with those cars offering you TC and ABS in 12 steps, it would be helpful to have two buttons: one moving up, and one moving down. The system there is now, is not a shining example of ergonomy.

A minor thing. But the better thing is the enemy of the just good thing.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  19. ouvert

ouvert Alien

that would be great and you can even support it with 'real life beahviour' argument :)

20. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Heard-of real life behaviour arguments, to be precise. :)

21. baboon

baboon Alien

How many steps it has is easy to see, just look at the knob dial in the cockpit (often placed on the steering wheel these times)

What each settings does though is much harder to know but I think Kunos does know at least if for example 12/12 is highest or lowest assistance. At least that would explain why it's the one or other way around :)

Still confusing though but eventually we should find out, only need to spend some time in the car and switch through the settings.