1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Sudden drops FPS in Game

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by entomy, May 29, 2020.

1. entomy

entomy Rookie

Hi,
    I have a problem in game, which specifically seems to occur only online. I have already found some discussions on the subject but the solution does not always seem to be the same. Virtually online regardless of the server (using auto KS, No MOD) they are always above 120 FPS, but randomly I have sudden drops to 40-50 for a few seconds. This obviously brings a lot of fun in the game. My configuration should be sufficient:
    - MOBO: MSI B450 Gaming PLUS
    - CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
    - GPU: AMD RX 5700
    - Power supply: 600W BeQuiet system power 9
    - RAM: 16 GB Kingstom HyperX Fury
    - Steering wheel: Logitech G29

Using HWinfo during the checkmark I don't seem to notice anything strange apart from some CPU CORE close to 100%, but this does not change even with an older ryzen 2600, so I would exclude CPU defects. Can anyone give me advice please?

Thanks

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Sudden FPS Drops since 1.5 Ferrari DLC Sep 20, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Sudden frame drops & poor sound quality sls gt3 ai race Oct 20, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Sudden Performance Drops May 10, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Sudden FPS drops, have to restart game Nov 11, 2013
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ferrari 296GT3 / suddenly extreme topspeed. Jul 2, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Game is suddenly very dark Feb 20, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Why do I suddenly have a second wheel? Sep 28, 2022
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Hi all, suddenly the pitch adjustment in the view app dont work anymore. I heard this is due to Real Aug 13, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds 64-bit version suddenly doesn't launch (used to work) Jan 13, 2022
    General modding discussion AC kseditor suddenly refuses to load Oct 29, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Sudden massive perfomance issues Oct 27, 2021
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues OSW suddenly stopped working in AC Sep 28, 2021
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues G29 nor working suddenly in AC Jul 23, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crashes suddenly, playing or not - UE4 crash Jul 11, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Monza lap times suddenly slowed. Apr 24, 2021

3. If it is only online, it could simply be server-side or network related.
    User connects/disconnects can cause sudden spikes, server performance can have an impact on clients, etc.

What is your network info?
    - internet speed (Mbps)
    - internet connection method (2.4GHz wireless, 5GHz wireless, LAN, etc.)
    - server ping

4. entomy

entomy Rookie

My network Is FTTc on LAN ethernet. In general my ping Is 26ms.
    but shouldn't a possible latency hypothesized by you on the network connection lead to lag on the ping? possible that on the application of AC also brings a drop in fps? PS: this issue Is present on more server

thanks

5. Thats fine then.

It was a thought because server and clients will impact each other to some extent.
    Take ArmA for example, many complaints are that user can run the game maxed out at 60+fps in singleplayer but only gets 10-15fps online... because X server fps is so low it impacts client performance.

May or may not be the issue here... multiplayer opens up a whole new world of possibilities.