1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

[suggestion] Add directional pad support

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by mBardos76, Feb 22, 2016.

1. mBardos76

mBardos76 Gamer

I just bought a Thrustmaster TX Leather Edition wheel set and noticed the directional pad buttons are not assignable. As they didn't work with my previous wheel either (G25), I assume the game simply doesn't support them? Would be useful to be able to assign them...

Erwin, Kalamede and cerebralvortex like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions [Suggestion] additional eye tracking hardware. Apr 27, 2023
    ACC User Interface [Suggestion] allow mapping "View Left/Right" to an axis Feb 19, 2022
    ACC User Interface [SUGGESTION] Helmet cam adjustments Jul 24, 2021
    ACC User Interface [SUGGESTION] HUD Improvement - split HUD element Jun 20, 2021
    ACC Gameplay [SUGGESTION] able to run and save multiple championships Dec 19, 2020
    ACC Gameplay [Suggestion] Randomization of AI grid Nov 26, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer [SUGGESTION] Reconnection to the server Nov 1, 2020
    ACC User Interface [SUGGESTION] Effect/meaning of settings on setup screens Oct 14, 2020
    ACC User Interface [Suggestion] Apply current pressures from tire menu to Pitstop and global press. up and down button Sep 17, 2020
    ACC User Interface [SUGGESTION] In Game Chat Option Enable/Disable for Leagues Sep 6, 2020
    ACC User Interface [Suggestion] Fuel Widget Sep 1, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions [suggestion] Title from preset in textbox Jul 6, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer [Suggestion] Server Browser & Advanced Filter Improvements May 18, 2020
    ACC General Discussions [SUGGESTION] For the user's forum Mar 25, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards [SUGGESTION] - MP Timings, Leaderboard, Ghosts.. Mar 7, 2019

3. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

dpads haven't worked forever.
    I do think once console is released that the DPAD's will be working, so just a little bit more patience & soon™ we'll know. :)

4. mBardos76

mBardos76 Gamer

I do wonder though if these suggestions are even read by developers... This is my 3rd, nothing happened till now...
    But fingers crossed ;)

5. Rift Racer

Rift Racer Alien

JOYTOKEY, you could've downloaded and set it up quicker than it took you to write this post...

6. mBardos76

mBardos76 Gamer

Thank you for the nice toned suggestion, tbh I never heard of it (and other people might have not either), but I will check it out!

7. scarystuff

scarystuff Gamer

But why? You can just assign the Dpad to any keys you want in the software for the wheel. No need for a third party program to do it.

8. mBardos76

mBardos76 Gamer

Have to check that out, haven't noticed it till now... Thanks!

9. Kalamede

Kalamede Racer

JOYTOKEY neither XPADDER works for me, it works in assetto corsa launcher and windows but not ingame.

10. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Because you didn't check the box "Combine with keyboard input" in AC controls?!?

11. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I have that unticked and Xpadder still works as good as always.

12. Kalamede

Kalamede Racer

Edit: Omg it is not checked... :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:o_O

I had it checked but I forgot that I had lost all my AC folder and my settings went to default so I hadnt it checked. now it works, thanks xD
    :)

13. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

I also would like to see d pad functionality in game rather than having to use third party software. It works in all other sims that I know of. Would be neat to use it to look around the car.

mBardos76 and Kalamede like this.
  14. kazereal

kazereal Racer

It was mentioned somewhere that D-pad is planned to be used with pit stop selections/strategy.
    So likely it will be used at one point when work is done for it.

Kalamede likes this.
  15. mBardos76

mBardos76 Gamer

Hope it will... It is not exactly user friendly to have to use additional software to make it work.