1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Suggestions to stop pedals sliding

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by crabbie, Dec 27, 2015.

1. crabbie

crabbie Gamer

I have a Logitech G29. Despite the largish pedal set, it still slides about on my polished wood floor - not surprisingly I suppose. I put a concrete brick behind it, between it and the wall, to stop is sliding away, plus a couple of door stops on the back edge, one on each side to stop it rotating when I push the clutch in (the rear edge is rounded, hence the need for this) but it still finds a way to move under my energetic pushing of the pedals.

I was thinking of buying a heavy, sticky rubber doormat to put under it, or maybe even using double-sided tape/mounts, to stick it down (don't know if they would even hold though).

So, I was wondering what others do?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Default Pit Stop Strategy and delay between Qualifying/Race : suggestions Jan 10, 2018
    ACC User Interface A couple of little suggestions Apr 25, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Suggestions for settings of Logitech G920 May 4, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards My Suggestions for Rating & Leaderboards [v1.6.2] Nov 25, 2020
    ACC User Interface UPDATED! My Suggestions for UI (inc. pics) [v1.7.4 until v1.8] Nov 25, 2020
    ACC Gameplay A few questions and/or suggestions Nov 2, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality suggestions for VR users Jul 19, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer CP server suggestions Mar 11, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Suggestions/Requirements for Leagues Competitions Feb 15, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Suggestions to improve Gamepad support Feb 7, 2020
    ACC Gameplay MFD suggestions Feb 5, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals realistic FFB strength suggestions (Fanatec DD1) Dec 15, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Again a few suggestions to make the game more engaging Oct 1, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Monitor swap and FOV suggestions Sep 6, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Issues and Suggestions for MP UI concept Jun 10, 2019

3. Does it have the teeth underneath for use on carpet? If so you can get a small rug or bath mat and put it underneath.

4. Dutchyfutch

Dutchyfutch Hardcore Simmer

Rubber strips.. Anti slip

5. crabbie

crabbie Gamer

It has a big row of teeth, but the mat would slide, probably worse than the rubber feet on the pedals themselves -unless the mat had good anti-slip rubber underneath.

6. crabbie

crabbie Gamer

Well, it has rubber feet, but they aren't good enough, so this might work. In fact, the large rubber mat I was thinking of getting is just a big version of rubber strips I guess. Something I can try relatively cheaply I suppose

Dutchyfutch likes this.
  7. Right. A bath mat has all anti slip rubber underneath.

8. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Maybe you can get a mat long enough to put the front legs of your chair onto it, that would help stop it getting away from you.

9. crabbie

crabbie Gamer

Just got back from the hardware store, with a black rubber mat that is heavy, and made of soft sticky rubber. Seems to work. (just improved my lap time :) )

Dutchyfutch and Octane like this.
  10. blakescom

blakescom Racer

Velcro strips could help too

11. jjmaxxracing

jjmaxxracing Alien

I went to the local carpet shop and got a strip of remnant carpet long enough to run from the pedal set to underneath my chair plus 3" to allow for the ability to adjust the distance from the chair to the pedals so if someone with longer legs wants to drive we can move the chair back and still have all four legs on the carpet. When you sit in the chair and drive the weight on the chair holds the carpet in place and the teeth on the bottom of the pedals keep them from moving. Works like a charm.

12. crabbie

crabbie Gamer

Seems like my rubber mat is working for now, but if not, this sounds like a good idea. Thanks.

Dutchyfutch likes this.
  13. Dutchyfutch

Dutchyfutch Hardcore Simmer

Glad it worked