1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Suprised at the lack of excitement

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by richard thompson, Sep 17, 2019.

1. I wrote the comment "are there gonna be also the gt4 that took part in laguna seca race this year?"
    It was just a question, I think a legitimate one. On the other hand, I am also the one that on the italian fb group "ACC Italia" posted first the news, with massive excitement from myself and everybody.
    Therefore I really don't get the point of OP, how can you generalize this way and suppose the reactions of people you don't know? That was pretty dumb.

Romneyb and warth0g like this.
  2. Shooter80

Shooter80 Racer

Yea, why is that though? I'm curious, which is why I included that paragraph in my post.

I'd reckon that most people like an MX5, Skippy or an F2 car in comparison to GTE, Indycar or F1, because they are significantly easier to drive and easier to set up (no/less aero and about 1/4 of the power), or they are simpler (no KERS), which are legitimate (less so in the case of F2 to F1 imo), but to me a GT4 car compared to a GT3 car is just somewhat slower, its not really significantly simpler or easier to drive, it just laps less quickly.

The significantly slower classes of cars are useful in real life to learn how to drive, since you don't want to be making mistakes in something that is going fast enough to kill you, or costs millions to fix, and for the sake of a more gentle learning curve, they are nice to have in sim racing.

The cheaper classes (GT4, F2) have a place in real life because they are significantly cheaper than the next level up. But in sim racing, where you can get unlimited brand new cars of any kind instantly, for free, with a few button presses, they lose a lot of their purpose.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    broadappeal likes this.
  3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

People will always have questions and as Kunos included all cars (including non gt3) that started the Spa 24hrs then its reasonable to assume they may do the same with the Intercontinental.

Currently they have said no but also they said they cant talk about deals not finalized. Only thing confirmed is the tracks and beyond that its speculation until confirmation of all content in the pack.

There were some fairly random car entries at the Bathurst 12hr. It would be a massive job to add them all and possibly the same was at Laguna, Suzuka and for Kyalami.

If all gt3 entries are added it would be nice the others sure it would be a big bonus but I find it unlikely. The tracks are amazing so either way I look forward to the DLC.

4. Adastros

Adastros Racer

I think you thinking too much, it's just fun and cool, and that is enough to consider it. For me it's slower, easier, less aero and we push less compared to GT3, im cool with GT3 too but i just want to try it because im a gt fan :D

5. Coanda

Coanda Alien

FB at the gym.. :mad:

Your not the type of bloke that curls in the squat rack and spends 10 min on his phone between each set are you..? :p:D

Very excited here.. Destroyed another keyboard.. :eek::D

Kunos have been in the game for a while. They have thick enough skin and will carry on.. I am sure they have heard/read it all before..

marcos1988, sps_for_race and Adastros like this.
  6. Xavier Eugeni

Xavier Eugeni Rookie

In my excitement scale I'm in DEFCON 5. :):)

7. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

If ACC had every car and track in existence, some would still be left jonesing for content.:mad: Out of frustration, some of those would start drinking heavily, and some of those would lose there job... Long story short- Someone will probably end up hanging from a prison cell.:eek:
    :oops:That's life!
    Thanks op. :rolleyes:

8. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

It's hard but in the modern era you need to learn to see things with perspective and focus on hints of positive vibes. To give you an example.
    Facebook doesn't deliver a post to everybody so take this into account too.
    Post about update v1.0.8 gets 525 likes, love and wow. Underneath you might find the usual 10 comments about "fix this, fix that, no vr no buy, no triple no buy" etc. You need to focus instead on the people that just react with a like and/or not even that but just enjoy the game.

Post about IGTC pack gets 1914 likes,love,wow. That is an astonishing number. 418 comments again amazing. Forums, chats, everybody is talking about it.
    Obviously you get the usual idiotic comments here and there, like "hey why I should pay for 4 laser scanned top quality tracks, you'll never see my money" but again that's just a couple of guys seeking for attention. They make noise, they get their attention. But think about it, for each one of them you get thousands of people exited. You just need to learn to focus on them and not on what bugs you.
    I know, it's not easy, I'm a victim too and sometimes it "gets me"... but you get to move on and ignore it.. most of the times :D
    Obviously we got simracers overexcited so many people also start to speculate on other series and cars, but hey it's human nature, all in all though I see people very happy.

Generally speaking, we think the simracing community is starting to be very positive towards ACC. We know we had problems, we also know that people tend to not be happy changing their habits and ACC asks for radical changes and lot's of learning, but that's how realism moves forward. We are confident we made a big step forward and we work real hard to improve whatever doesn't work properly, fix and enhance. The title is maturing well.

Thank you all for your support, it is greatly appreciated by the whole team, more than you can ever imagine.

9. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

And I can only repeat myself: o_O
    It is always amazing and educational how friendly, honest and willing to learn Kunos is. It is rare for a company to impress me so positively on a lasting basis. I bow and express my highest respect.:)

Kudos to Kunos! :)

10. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I'm glad to hear that :)

Since this is the topic of the thread: I'm very, very excited about the 4 new tracks. I've always been in love with Bathurst, it's easily one of my favourite tracks. Suzuka is a fantastic track, as well. Laguna Seca is a bit of a b*tch but I like it, too. Getting all those tracks in Kunos quality is fantastic.

IMHO, Kunos right now is miles ahead of the competition. Sometimes people complain about slow progress but I really don't get it. Progress IMO is very fast and it's substantial. Here's an incomplete list, from the top of my head:

- FFB/car instability drama from very early days - root cause found and fixed.
    - High CPU usage during AI races: massively improved
    - Massive improvements to the AI and they keep coming
    - FFB frequency (some people totally freaked out about "only" 110 Hz) increased to 333 Hz
    - TrackIR support added
    - Matchmaking drama solved by adding quickjoin button and competition servers
    - Market-first ranking system, basic ideas developed in AC, ported as official content in ACC, permanently being improved
    - AA and sharpness greatly improved
    - Curb drama - root cause found and fixed by introducing an all-new tyre model
    - Superb sounds, permanent improvements
    - FFB LUT added - IMO, one of the most valuable features in FFB tweaking.

All of this only cost me 25 €. I don't think there's another title for which a list like the above can be created. From roughly one year after EA launch!

So yeah, I'm excited I guess :) Can't wait for more content and hoping that Kunos will not stop doing sims anytime, soon.

11. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

In all this, I'm surprised at the SUZUKA laser scanning (!). This is very surprising, because as far as I know with this track there is always a licensing problem. It's amazing.

My applause, dev. :eek:

Maciej Malinowski, JanR, tjr and 3 others like this.
  12. Pier84

Pier84 Simracer

I agree with what you said 100% :)

13. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

I think couple of family members and 3 kidnesy went only for Suzuka :D:D

romandevision and sissydriver like this.
  14. nO NOrDscHleIfE No bUY

marcos1988 likes this.
  15. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Then you have some money left for other goodies...

sissydriver likes this.
  16. come on it was a joke man.

sissydriver and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  17. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

This x 100. The sim has matured pretty darn quickly and it's now incredibly strong, in most respects much better than the competition. But people love to hate today and it's going to take time for them to come around and to shed those initial complaints. People like Gamer Muscle who seem to have weird problems with ACC influence others to parrot his concerns and so it spirals. But I agree that the sense from around the community is that people are trying ACC again for themselves and realizing what they've been missing. The tide has turned I think, and for sure the IGTC announcement got people's attention, that was very definitely the right move.

On a side note, I wonder if it's worth someone from Kunos reaching out to GM and seeing if he'll give it another go, now that we've had a number of updates, to see if he'll give it an honest reappraisal?

Maciej Malinowski and chksix like this.
  18. No id just squatted and leg pressed 400kg for reps , my phone has metallica playin to me . I come from Temple Gym in birmingham so im hardcore .. like my sims ;):)

LeiF likes this.
  19. PaulPunkGTX

PaulPunkGTX Gamer

Don't mistake this.

For example, I am very happy about the announcement, but I will still voice concerns/wishes. I won't stop and say "everything is nice." just because I like the announcement of a DLC. I think ACC is slowly getting somewhere. But as a customer, you want the best product possible. So you try to help, to make the best product happen. Since I can't code, I do it via criticism. I still massively appreciate the effort of kunos. Especially considering, its such a small studio.

20. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Settle down Dorian.. :p

Believe it or not The Shadow wasn't into huge squats.. now big Ronnie was.. "Yeah buddy lightweight!"