1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

T500RS Button issues

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by Jonas N Jensen, Jul 27, 2017.

1. So lately I've been having some trouble with my t500rs.

All the buttons on the rim itself stops working except R2, however if i turn the wheel 90-100 degrees all buttons are functioning again, but then when i'm straigtening the wheel again they are still not working most of the time.
    Sometimes the buttons start working again but then stops again, and it's constantly doing this. It isn't an specific amount of time it's working or not working. The clicks when pressing all the buttons is as they should be.
    The paddle shifters and gas/brake/clutch are not affected by this at all, so only the buttons on the wheel itself.

So far I've been completely removing every single file and program that had to do with thrustmaster and installed everything fresh again, it's also running the latest software/firmware.
    I have tried different usb ports to verify this wasn't the problem either.
    I've also found that it's not game specific, but since I mostly play AC and I know most guys in here are great people and with lots of experience, I find this the best place to search for help.

I have had the rim off and taking a look at the pcb and cable that is in it since I thought that would be the most obvious, but nothing looked burned and all wires are intact and the plug for the cable is just fine, so nothing visual looking wrong.
    The wheelbase haven't been dropped on the floor or anything else like that in it's lifespan, so it hasn't happened because of a hard hit.

It's also worth mentioning it's the original rim I'm using and I don't have another to test with unfortunately. The wheel is 3 years and 2 months old, so I won't call it old either.
    I haven't had the wheelbase disassembled yet, so there's still a chance I find a fault in there.

So before I go out and spend money on a new rim, which might or might not work, do any of you guys have suggestions what I can do/test or have experienced troubles like that yourself?
    Am I overlooking something here, or do I have a "broken" wheel?

I'm sorry for my broken english, it's not my native language, so mistakes happen.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues T500RS buttons not working in game at all Mar 15, 2018
    Console Lounge Help with handbrake button configuration on wheel T500RS PS4 Jan 11, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues T500RS Glance Buttons Feb 1, 2014
    Steering wheels discussions t500rs Nov 3, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Thrustmaster Software + t500rs Nov 6, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions HUGE DISCOVERY for the T500rs Aug 8, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions What ffb configuration with T500rs do you have after patch 1.03? Jul 28, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Your Setup T500RS PS4 for good feeling??? Jul 26, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions T500rs steerlock issue fixed with the new patch ??? Jul 23, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC T500RS FFB not working for ACC Jul 6, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ps4 Thrustmaster t500rs working Jul 4, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Thrustmaster T500rs FFB issues on PS4 (non Pro). Jun 24, 2020
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Thrustmaster T500RS settings Jun 23, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS4 Pro Thrustmaster T500RS not working for ACC. Fixes? Jun 23, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals 1.0.7 Loss of FFB During Game-play T500RS Sep 10, 2019

3. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

It sounds like it could be a loose connection on the cable that connects the PCB with the buttons on it to the main PCB in the wheel base.
    I assume that the problem doesnt only happen in assetto corsa? Does it happen in the windows joystick/gamepad properties in windows?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  4. As I said in OP it's not game specific, it happens in all games where I use my wheel, I needed to make sure it was not only AC that was the problem :)

Yep, when it happens ingame it also won't activate in the TM controlpanel.

You might be right there could be a lose connection in the wheelbase, but so far i haven't had time to take it apart to look, that's why i started with the rim, it's easy and fast to screw off/on, but as mentioned, I found no issues with that cable, connector or pcb, atleast nothing visual, so that's why I need some suggestions in case when I take a look at the wheelbase I don't find anything wrong there :)

5. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

It does sound like faulty hardware, and not software.

I have read about T500RS wheels that change gear 'automatically' on full left lock (but not right, for example), so I think it is safe to assume there is an electrical fault. The fact that it is only the buttons causing problems should make it easier to detect.

Good luck! :)

6. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

I have a working rim here you can have buddy.
    You cover the postage and it's yours.
    I'm in Ireland.

paul_wev likes this.
  7. Finally found some time to take the base apart while I was watching the 24H spa event, and again nothing looked wrong.
    Checked wires, connectors, pcb, and cleaned for dust, and it's still not working properly :(

My wheel has never had that problem you are mentioning, in fact, I've never had any issues with it, until a few weeks ago.
    I am wondering whether it's the main pcb or the small one in the rim which is faulty, since I can't see anything wrong when I'm looking at it, and I know how fried electronic smells (horrible) and I haven't noticed that smell while playing, which I should have.

So it seems it's not a visual fault, either that or I am blind.

The rims is not that cheap, sounds like one of those to good to be true deals which you normally would stay away from.
    But if you really are serious, send me a PM and we can figure something out, a new wheel is worth a shot :)

8. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

20170727_231819.jpg

That's it there, I think it's off a TX, I bought it from eBay whilst drink and didn't realize it was from an Xbox wheel.

It works perfectly, and yes, I'm serious. It's yours if want it man.

paul_wev likes this.
  9. I've sent you a PM :)

10. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

Replied!