1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties.
    Dismiss Notice

T500RS - what are your settings?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by sissydriver, Oct 13, 2018.

1. sissydriver

sissydriver Hardcore Simmer

Hello everybody,

what settings do you use with your T500RS?

I am really satisfied with my FFB but i am sure that my settings are not the best (best in terms - ffb for me!).
    And i think i am not alone. ;)

So lets share our settings.
    Eventually we can learn from each other.

Keep in mind - there is no holy grail. Everybody must find what fits his needs. :cool:

Here are mine:

Control Panel:

Rotation 900°

Overall 60%

Constant 100%
    Periodic 100%
    Spring 0%
    Damper 0%

Ingame

Steer Lock 900°

Gain 60%
    Minimum Force 0%
    Dynamic Damping 0%
    Road Effects 40%

Thank you! :)

Edit: FPS can play a role. It they are too low it seems that they have heavy influence. To sort this out

Hotlap 60FPS with drops to 50FPS

miky likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues T500rs broken or a software bug? Dec 18, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Thrustmaster t500rs firmware v41 vs v42 Jul 16, 2014
    ACC Troubleshooting Paddle shifters on T500RS not working Tuesday at 1:13 PM
    ACC Controls & Peripherals T500RS FFB issues Sep 14, 2018
    ACC Controls & Peripherals T500RS FFB Rattle at speed Sep 12, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Thrustmaster T500RS. Calibrates fine, doesn’t work in game! Apr 6, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues T500RS buttons not working in game at all Mar 15, 2018
    Console Lounge Wheel maintenance (T500rs) Feb 26, 2018
    Chit Chat Room [SOLVED] T500RS FFB gets stronger after PC restart Jan 22, 2018
    Steering wheels discussions T500rs w/th8a shifter how to Jan 13, 2018
    Steering wheels discussions T500RS Button issues Jul 27, 2017
    Steering wheels discussions PS4 T500RS Calibrate brake power May 31, 2017
    Steering wheels discussions PS4 T500RS Calibrate brake Apr 22, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues T500RS non recognized with last update Apr 6, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues T500RS FFB gone extremely weird after 1.12 Feb 20, 2017

3. jim jones

jim jones Simracer

That's it.

Am sure Kunos objective was for ffb to be as simple as possible, especially after Pcars 2 with so many settings and Jack spade tune.

ACC will be fine tuned over the early access updates , so this could be a long thread of settings that are changing ... I use the same wheel settings as you and happy with it .. In game ffb at 75 for me

4. sissydriver

thought a long time bout opening such a thread or not. o_O
    if there is an update to ffb (and they will come) the data may be obsolete.:confused:
    but if it helps, why not? ;)
    everyone is free to share his data or to rant me :cool:

jim jones likes this.
  5. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

Hi, same settings for me, only differences are road at 0% and there is a reason for putting rotation in control panel and in game at 900°? I put mine at 1080° like in other sims.

6. sissydriver

hmm.. no reason for the 900°. o_O
    good question.
    has aris mentioned something bout 1080° to 900° ? cant remember.
    will give the 1080 a try this afternoon.

miky likes this.
  7. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

@Lord Kunos @Aristotelis Hi, can you explain to us if there is any difference between 900° and 1080° and if yes, what is the best and realistic choice? Thanks(-;

8. sissydriver

Tried different values and its an improvement (Thanks @WallyM )

Control Panel:

Rotation 1080° (cant see significant difference to 900°)

Overall 60%

Constant 100%
    Periodic 100%
    Spring 0%
    Damper 0%

Ingame

Steer Lock 1080° (cant see significant difference to 900°)

Gain 50% (reduced from 60%)
    Minimum Force 0%
    Dynamic Damping 100% (increased from 0%)
    Road Effects 0% (reduced from 40%)

its not a big difference.

9. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

Big difference in FFB is noticeable when you put off the ingame fps cap, put off ingame vertical sync and only keep the vertical sync in Nvidia control panel (fast mode) try it! It makes huge differences for me.. Also play big role the ingame fps, you have to stay always over 60 fps(-:

10. Echo_

Echo_ Rookie

Dynamic dampeing on 100 makes my T500 feel slow and sluggish just like in build 1, set to 0 and it corrects quickly like it should, for me gain any higher than 60 just makes the wheel too heavy, 50/55 seems to be the sweet spot for me, road feel at 30ish is enough to feel bumps and kerbs, min force 0, happy with my FFB.

sissydriver and miky like this.
  11. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I reckon the amount of dynamic damping to use is highly subjective. It will vary according to your driving style, your reaction times, your wheel hardware. Just use whatever feels good - higher values to slow down the wheel rotation, lower values to speed it up.

sissydriver likes this.