1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
    Dismiss Notice

Taking advantage of RTX Cards other than Raytracing?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by th3o, Oct 20, 2018.

1. alex bonner

alex bonner Racer

My 2080ti money is burning a hole in my pocket. I’m just not seeing £1300 worth of benefits. I’m seeing countless cards with problems, missing features that the whole release was focused around, no stock and not a single happy customer.

I think I’ll blow the cash on the kids for Xmas and stick with my 1080ti’s until there is something worth owning.

2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Is rtx also a dx12 only feature? I think I read that somewhere and dx12 is win 10 only I think. I could be wrong on both counts. :oops:

3. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Yes, it’s dx12 only, Microsoft is adding raytracing as a feature update to dx12. This is the update that needs to happen before Nvidia’s raytracing can be enabled

4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Microsoft resumed the rollout of the latest Windows (October) update yesterday, Microsoft DXR comes with that. Preview versions had it for a while.