1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Talk about Raceroom Racing Experience R3E

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by SpriGgy, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Skybird

Skybird Alien

DTM 2016. GTR3. Audi TT RS (VLN). GTR1. GTR2. FR2. FR3. Maybe WTCC 2017, if one wanmts a FWD experience. These are the classes I would focus on. For VR users, the KTM is attractive due to the fantastic vision the driver has in that car.

I still have doubts about the realism of their WTCC cars. The older seasons seem to be even more unrealistic. But maybe thats just me. A FWD car is expected to be more difficult to spin - but almost impossible, even if you try hard for making it spinning? That gives me a little headache. The popularity of WTCC in RR probably is right because of this: the easy driving, the difficulty to spin out, the forgiveness this provides the player's driving style with. And on public servers it may even be a valid argument. Whether in that excessive interpretation it is realistic, that is maybe something different. I cannot even make the car spinning when I intentionally cause a crahs, intentionally go into the wall or over curbs or the green. I just cannot make the car spinning, noit fast, not slow, not trottling up or down. FWD has a tendency to be more difficult to spin, of course, everybody knows that - but like this?

Thats why I stay away from their WTCC classes.

2. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

I consider myself a sim veteran with some speed. I find FWD cars both in AC (seat leon) and R3E (wtcc) to be incredibly hard to be fast on. From my experience they are not easy to drive fast.

3. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

Is that entirely surprising if you don't normally drive these cars?

4. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I tried the WTCR cars now, 4 of the 7. Actually I am positievly surprised when I directly compoare them to the WTCC 2016 cars. These new opnes again got the new Hodgkinson physics, and they are more agile, alive, less race-on-rails and yes, they spin - whereas in WTCC 2016 it was almost impossible to even intentionally spin.

The cars are definitely the best in their whole FWD lineup, whgich now covers 5 WTCx seasons. When going over bumps, certain curbs, little hills, I lost control severla times. I like how these new cars are mpore demanding to stay in control of them in such circumstances. At the same time the pack has these cars with destinctive differences in driving feeling, sounds, driving characteristics. They agfainb as a group set themseloves apart from the other RR car set, which almost all are RWD and a few 4WD.

Pleasant surprise, I did not expect this.

5. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Which 4 have you tried, and prefer?

6. Rosko

Rosko Hardcore Simmer

Picked up the pack for just over a tenner. I try the Alfa last night raced at Brands Hatch, it definitely feels right with the handling. My FFb setup doesn't seem to suite these cars though not sure if i changed something in TM control panel.

7. Orne

Orne Alien

Has anyone noticed the cars or tarmac in R3E have an increased rolling resistance compared to AC and even iRacing? When I let off the brakes in a GT3 car in R3E , it slows down much quicker than a similar car in AC or iRacing. It almost as if the pavement was stickier.

f_deutsch likes this.
  8. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

My feelings exactly. When I release the gas feels like the car slowdown quiet quick compared to AC. Have a similar feeling with rFactor but not as much as in R3E. I though was the only one. Feels like the cars have a lot of engine braking.

9. Orne

Orne Alien

It feels dramatically different in R3E compared to iRacing, AC, PC2 and AMS. SO much so that I have difficulty braking properly for corners, even on tracks that I know well.

10. Skybird

Skybird Alien

May correlate that by tendency cars in RR feel as having more grip on track. The new physics by Hodgkinson however have adressed this and tone dit out quite substantially. I now find it quite pleasant, and maybe a bit too light on grip in AC. Its difficult to judge what is "realistic" her,ke too much is subjectiv etaste, habiot as one known it form other sims. You cna only know it better if you indeed know how the givne car behave son the real track, in real life.

In the end, AC is not RR and RR is not AC. Take both for what they are, then both will serve you best.

11. Orne

Orne Alien

New physics update ? This is/was an official update ?

12. Skybird

Skybird Alien

13. f_deutsch

14. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Its a phasing-in of new and phasing-out of older physics for car classes. They had to chose whether or not to release all car classes in an updated version simultaneously, or to release their updates class by class ,they found that they had not the heart to let us wait for years, and so release them class by class. New cars they release are on the latest physics suite already.

We had something like that in AC as well, at times when cars were on two different tyre versions , for example.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    Alistair McKinley likes this.
  15. Skybird

Skybird Alien

235 MB of patch released today, focussing on minor things and stuff related to the WTCR pack.

16. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Interesting you are the only one mentioning a „new physics guy“.
    Did he do well? As of the replays here, no he didn’t....
    RIP this ****.

17. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I am not the only one mentioning him, amongst RR players it is quite well known that the old physics guy has left and this new one went in, and he did a very, very good job, and started with adding some very fundamental corrections in the old numbers, he once said. Which might be helped by the fact that he was a pro race driver himself and now is track instructor, and physics engineer. Means: he knows a bit how it should feel, from reality. Thats more than can be said of probably 95% or more of the player base in both RR and AC.

As Aris once indicated, best is to have both the numbers from engineers, and the feedback from drivers. Worst is to just have player feedback based on hearsay, imagination and plain belief.

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  18. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Of the cars I've tried recently (including the new WTCR pack), I've been pleasantly surprised with the improved handling. It took me a while to figure out the best FFB settings - both in-game and the wheel-driver but, the results are quite good imo. I feel like this title is now worth-while for me, especially for the touring cars. I do wish Sector3 would bring a bit more detail in certain areas, like surface details in FFB and tactile, and the tuning parameters for the D-box are very limited. Otherwise, I like the direction things are moving in regard to the physics updates.

The cars that haven't been updated are very obvious from those I've tested; the FFB tends to be pretty dull and the high grip levels make most cars feel like they are on rails. The updated car-FFB gives a really nice rubbery quality and there's plenty of adjustment to provide excellent grip-loss cues. I did have to turn off the Steering-rack effects completely to eliminate some unwanted behavior (erratic grip-loss effects) but, now things feel really good with the OSW.

19. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Originally posted this in the wrong thread. Sorry for that.
    ---------------
    It seems that finally the very popular '92 touring cars and touring classics get the physics lifting. I hope for - finally, after two years of waiting or so - multi class in SP is coming, too, but that is just me, hoping (="unconfirmed").

S3 managmenent confirms that at least one more Formula class is coming, with different engines to choose from.

Gevatter likes this.
  20. f_deutsch

Is there a way to know which cars already have been migrated to the new physics?