1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Talk about Raceroom Racing Experience R3E

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by SpriGgy, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Yes. Just a few posts above, on this page.

;)

f_deutsch likes this.
  2. jo_siffert

jo_siffert Racer

Hope my permalink is working :)

f_deutsch likes this.
  3. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

Thank you @jo_siffert and @Skybird . I may get a try back on R3E again. I basically stopped because of some issues I experienced with the sim on my system, besides the physics behavior I explained.
    The other problem is the big download I have to do, even if I do not have all cars/tracks licensed, need to download the whole thing.

4. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Make a steam file backup once you are done, you then can install the game from that file, if you should ever want or need that. Save it on an external HD. Just coypiung your installation folder will NOT allow you to reinstall the game on another occaison, you need to run the backup file. It will take about half the size of the installation folder.

f_deutsch likes this.
  5. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Saw confirmation today that RR finally will get lock-to-horizon feature supported in menus of next upgrade, via two axis controls (pitch and roll). Very important for VR. Small but great news for me! And some nice menu restructuring for pits menus, more options presented in a more ergonomic way. Much more stuff is being hoped for, since they advertised the next patch as a big one.

AlleyViper likes this.
  6. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I'm relying on RR more and more to get my Touring Car while we wait for the next ACC update. Looking forward to some VR enhancements. :)

7. Stains

Stains Simracer

Shadow optimisation for better VR performance is my hope !

8. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Monsieur Chardon posted that VR optimizations are being analysed currently, but will take some longer time to be realised, outlining a timeframe of "several months". Mind you, its a dx9 engine. Not ideal for VR, the web says. Its amazing that Vr works so stunningly well in RR, but then I have a quite powerful rig.

And RaceDepartment says that the Porsche Cayman will get new love in the next update with plenty of skins from two different series, and a massive physics overhaul.

https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...coming-in-next-raceroom-build-release.161317/

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  9. APC900

APC900 Simracer

Great sound.
    Great feeling when running over bumps, curbing, etc...
    Cars Look good from exterior.
    Cars feel like they end at the "B" pillar...not a lot of rear feel.

10. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Could be the FFB setup of yours, its very complicated, imo, to set up well. They have too many options for axis and FFB setup, imo.
    Could also be the brake balance, even more so when you see your car over- or understeering a lot while you feel your car's rear is missing.

FFB setup in RR is not easy. I just have complained about it in their forum some days ago. But it is very good once you indeed have hit all the marks right. AC1 and ACC still offer a bit more subtelty, however. Ironcially ACC in general fels to me as if its "massiveness" in feeling the car in the FFB has moved a bit to how the cars feel in RR. I like this feeling of the cars having real mass, being massive, having real, heavy weight. RR has that feeling since long time in many of its cars, ACC now has gotten the taste of it. I like this nuance very much. AC1 always felt a bit lighter in car weight - but for the gain of being more detailed in subtle effects. ACC offers a very good compromise between the two, taking the best from both worlds.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  11. APC900

APC900 Simracer

I've always said it has too many options.
    The answer I keep getting is 'it has so many, because the end-user has to be able to custom-tailor for lots of different steering wheels.'
    That said...maybe the developer needs to put out generic starting profiles as a start point.
    I like a car That feels like a car out-of-the-box.
    I don't like sitting in a garage screwing around with steering and feedback setting ...then have to spend just as much time setting up suspension.
    That's one of the reasons my R3E subscription has so little time.

f_deutsch likes this.
  12. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I had a good FFB setup until some days ago, then accidentally screwed it up and was not able to get back to what it was before. But from the past three years I know that you can get a FFB setting being very, very good, and I suspect that many peopole who tried RR in the past and left it behidn again saying "I do not like its FFB", simply had not found their optimal setup. for wheel axis, and FFB. RR does no good job by making this so complex, even less so since many of the optiosn are not well-explained on the screens. AC gets this part done much, much easier and simplier, with much less of a hassle.

Still, the sim is worth to fight with the settingds until one finds one' own sweet spot. FFB can be very, very good, but it is a drama to get there. Still, RR is the most under-rated race sim on the market. But it should learn lessons from both ACs about setting up wheel axis and FFB. AC is a lightyear ahead in this regard.

Whitestar and APC900 like this.
  13. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I do think the title tends to be under-rated in terms of the FFB due to s3's overall FFB-setting design. I've probably spent more time tuning FFB in RR than any other title but, much of that was due to it not working well with DD-wheels until more recently but, many seem to still struggle with it. I find that RR-FFB still lacks the fine surface detail in both FFB and tactile effects but, the sense of grip & grip-loss are very good and some of that is also due to the FFB-setting scheme being used (imo). :)

Haiden773 likes this.
  14. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Speaking of ffb, are there any T500 settings that are considered to be very good? I tested some in the dedicated (sector 3 forums) thread a long time ago. But IIRC I could not get a good sense of the rear slipping out.

sherpa25 likes this.
  15. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Absolutely, I've spent an ungodly number of hours dicking with the FFB settings in R3E and never found reliably consistent settings that pleased me. Love the game but have rarely played it because of that, and I know a lot of people who abandoned it because of the overly complicated FFB settings. In ACC we have, what, two variables for FFB? And it's great out of the box. So I will never buy into the argument that all those settings and variables are necessary, they just add complication and also create this feeling in your head that you can tweak it just a little more.....then just a little more.......then just a little more......always wondering if that perfect combination of settings is just waiting to be found. In most other games you set FFB up once and never think about it again.

16. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Raceroom will never get a good ffb since the physics engine is not so sophisticated.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Hartmut Gl and LeDude83 like this.
  17. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yeah, I've been "that guy" who can't stop tweaking FFB but, reached a point where I know what I like and I know my hardware and what it can and can't do.

Simple is good but, ACC FFB isn't quite yet where I'd like it to be. I mentioned the Grip & Grip-loss aspects in RR and that's still lacking in ACC with the OSW. I can do without the "fall-off effect during under-steer" as in AC but, I really do like the vibration that "Slip-effect" offers in AC and RR. It matches what my tactile setup provides and offers excellent grip-loss cues. Additionally in RR, we can alter the vibration frequency as well. As usual, I realize such effects are not present in all RL cars but, some I've driven do vibrate a lot during under-steer. So long as it's optional, no one should be too bothered about having it included in ACC imo. Even it's hidden in an editable file, that's fine too. :)

BrandonW77 likes this.
  18. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I tried RR several times. Once in a very early stage but I didn't like it. Then again a good time later after quite some hype on this forum. The FFB seemed "slapped on" the game instead of "coming from inside the game". With road noise, curbs, gravel etc that might work very well but the really interesting forces were lacking for me.

I might wanna try it again but I have my doubts that anything substantial has changed. The game was successful from the get-go and you can see the same people in here still liking it, the same people still disliking it.

Teichmann racing has switched from AC as their recruiting tool for the "Super racer" campaign to RR. AFAIK it's about the X-Bow cup right now - you can qualify at home in RR and then get invited for further qualification rounds. If you win, you'll be racing a X-Bow IRL for them.
    I take that as some credit to RR's realism. But then again, Teichmann was surely looking for the least pricey game that was kind of realistic so yeah...

19. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Maybe some are slow at dialing in the FFB, I've had 3 different makes of wheel since RR appeared, never had problems dialing it in over a matter of a few month's, and always manged to find the correct setting for each rim that I have now, and in feel and feedback there is not alot of difference between RR and ACC, all this talk about this sim has better FFB than that one is make believe a placebo effect if you like..

20. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

No. If someone likes a certain title's FFB better than another, how is that placebo? It's at least a personal opinion based on proper experience with the sim. The whole placebo explanation is a bit overused IMO - some sort of whitty thing to say when one runs out of proper reasoning.
    Placebo takes place when you have such a strong expectation towards something that it will twist your mind a bit so you'll regard the expectation as confirmed no matter what. I personally was an empty page when trying RR for the first time and the next time I was even slightly hyped by this thread.

I'll have to get used to the fact that the majority of people have lost any sense of a systematic/scientific approach.

fbiehne, Gevatter and Jebus like this.