1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Talk about Raceroom Racing Experience R3E

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by SpriGgy, Jun 28, 2015.

1. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I had lots of fun with Formula Vee back in the GSC days. After test driving the open wheelers in R3E I just want to launch AMS rather than add the cars to cart.

I actually wonder if all the talks about GTR3 and UE4 take up huge amount of Sector3 dev time. I disagree with some comments in this forum about Kunos dropping AC too early or AC aging fast R3E doing well. I think Sector3, Reiza, and Studio 397 are all standing at a crossroad now with their products: keep adding stuff vs moving on with a big change.

LeDude83 and Dean Ogurek like this.
  2. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Just busting your shops, :),
    I am sure @elja will appreciate your “support” as well.:D

Carla likes this.
  3. Skybird

Skybird Alien

New upgrade released today, a massive 2.8 GB pack. It includes many bug fixes, too many fixes on physics and AI and other stuff as if I could all list them, some new features: namely lock-to-horizon (under a different name), and it finally brings the three GT4 cars, in one pack including all their many skins.

4. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I purchased the GT4 content and will give the cars a good thrashing later tonight. :)

5. Haiden773

Haiden773 Hardcore Simmer

That is odd. I just got RR dialed in with my new wheel base and it has the most rubber-like tire feel of all my sims. Not saying the best FFB, but the tires feel the complete opposite of hard.

6. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I tried quite a few settings I see on S3 forum and fiddled quite a bit on my own. My good old G27 just makes me feel I'm dragging physical mass across the road in R3E. I won't spend much time tweaking it though as I am researching for an wheel and pedal upgrade. So excited now :D

7. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

RR-FFB does give a nice "rubber meets road" feel to it and the under-steer effects can be dialed in to suit most any taste. I altered the frequency of the rumble-strips and tire-slip to my own taste (considering my hardware) and it's pretty hard to better those results with any other title.

8. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I feel rubber being towed across the road rather than rubber rolling on the road for the most of the times. It's like way too much tire scraping for me, and similar to PCars feel.

9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Good for you but that doesn't give me the tingles, at all. The tyre flex feel/rubber feel/mass feel (sounds kinky btw.) criteria are common sim racer priorities and not necessarily realistic, at all.
    With power steering the heaviest car can have the lightest wheel, I dont see how a flexing tyre would apply a force to the steering geometry you'd feel as wheel torque in your hands and the rubber on the road feel in the wheel is something I only expect during standstill as the tyres "spring back" a little bit after turning the wheel. Once moving, that effect will be masked by SAT.

Last time with R3E all effects felt "slapped on" to the physics afterwards, heavily constructed and not intuitive to me, at all and what people seem to appreciate about it is not what I appreciate in a sim. I want the pure FFB and if there's no rubber feel or whatnot in there then be it so.

But I'd give it a try. Anything I need to know when I want to download the trial version?

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  10. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Not really. You're downloading the full game feature wise, you're just lacking content, but you can test drive every car you're interested in in the shop. You can't chose the track to test them on, but I think there's no time limit anymore. The cars still run on different physics afaik, so if something feels like on rails, it may just be old and will hopefully be updated. That being said, I have no idea if the content included in the free version is already on the latest physics model.

Be aware that getting your FFB dialled in can be a chore due to the maaaaany sliders you can move. Maybe this video can help you out, it certainly helped me:

If you're using triple screens, those are a bit of a hassle as well but work fine once you crunched the numbers. Follow the guide here:
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/how-to-setup-triple-screens.9711/

LeDude83 likes this.
  11. Skybird

Skybird Alien

There is no trial version. The raceroom house track is always free to race online, but you need to download the game in full, just that most content will be locked. I am not certain, but they also seem to rotate another free track per week, but i have never cared for thjis and so might be mistaken there, somebody please correct me if I am wrong. You can test every car in the shop for 5 or10 minutes, however, for free, always on the Raceroom house track (which is a fantasy track, but a very well done one, its a beauty). Make sure you have the setting set to "Get real", the other mode(s) are simplified driving models.

Please stick to cars with latest physics, namely

* GTR3 (ADAC GT Masters are the same cars as GTR3)
    * GTR1
    * WTCR 2018
    * C-KLASSE 1995, 2003, 2005
    * Porsche 911 GT3 Cup
    * Porsche Cayman Clubsport
    * Pagani Zonda R
    * Formula Junior FRJ

And I think since the upgrade yesterday also the GT2. Have not yet tried the new download.

LeDude, just understand that different people have different priorites and tastes, ti snot as if it is relaistic that a sim can "objectively" hit all marks of "realism" and then get agree on by all players. It is and remaisn to be very subjective, and gets distorted further by the fact that people use different wheels, dial in different FFB values, and prefer different cars. It makes no sense to always trying to analyse right to death what sim is the more realistic ione. It is an illusion that provides right this: an illusion of reality. And what reality is in car driving, pretty much is - well, subjective. On some shared tracks the driving in RR and aC is pretty much the same, I drive same lines, have same breaking points, and same take turns the same way, spa my example. On othe rtracks the driving is very diferfent,if I would drive the Nürburgring in AC like I can do it in RR, I would already fly off in the Mercedes arena, the driving approach is different. Zolder, which are ahncrafted in both sims, also is differfently modelle din both sims, but each experience, taken for itslf, is a very pleasant one. The one verison is bumpier, the other has steeper elevations, they both are great to drive on.

For testing, ignore adpatve aI, it does not work within a short time for testign only, needs adiferent apporoach. Start with AI 95 or AI 100 and then work up and down in 5 point intervals, for exmaple, the range is from 80 to 120. Myself I use 97, but I am not a too fast but a reliable driver with good situational awareness (I do not get caught in the usual messes you face in public MP and can keep a good line). Oen driiving of cours has a lot to do with how one judges the AI. For an alien, any AI is likely just "crap". For me, RR is the leader in AI with the newest cars. Pefect and flawless in all situations emerging no AI is or ever will be.

Best criterion is therefore whether or not one can have fun with something. I find the driving very pleasant and the illusion provided very convincing, immersive, and the racing with the AI is superior to anythign else I know. Thats why I like RR. I still drive AC the ost of them all, for other reasons, but the convincing illusion also is part ot it, of course. Like it is part of ACC, which i do not drive much currently, its a bit too little diversity in there, still. No game of these is like the others, and that is a good thing. Else you would have paid three times for just the same thing, and would that be clever? In reverse it cannot be to hold one game accountable for not being any of the other two, it just makes no sense.

In recent sale, all cintent there is (all cars, skins and tracks) could have had for 75 coins. Now that once-per-life offer is back to 100.

12. Haiden773

Well, if you've never tried it, then you'll never really know, right. As for realism. I think total realism isn't really ideal for most sim racers, because the rigs are real cars and there's a lot of feedback missing. If you only get feedback that would be coming from the wheel of a real car, you'd be missing a lot. I like realism, but sims need to give a balance, between informative and realistic feel.

Also, what I meant by rubbery feel was that the wheel didn't rattle like it was connected wooden/hard rubber tires when it goes over curbs and bumps. It's more of a natural absorbed kind of feeling. If you like realism, then that should appeal to you, since real cars don't feel like they're rolling on wooden tires. :)

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  13. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I have tried it, though. Twice.

Will check it out once more when I find the time.

14. Haiden773

Not saying you're wrong. It could be a hardware thing. I can't remember when exactly I first tried RR, not sure if it was on a T300 or CSW V2, but I can't remember not ever enjoying it. That's not to say it's the best FFB. But it never struck me as bad, even before they started updating the car models.

15. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I find RR-FFB pretty easy to understand and tune actually (extremely so compared to PC1). Of course, FFB fits into the "different strokes for different folks" bin but, I know what I like and don't in FFB and it's mostly about immersion for me. There is only one reality when it comes to driving the real deal, all others are just imitations so why not get the most out of the virtual experience? Of course, I prefer that the handling be based in reality but, too many players have unrealistic expectations when it comes to imitating reality to the highest level imo. Simulation and reality are not the same thing and denying that is being out of touch with reality; ironic, no?:p:D

The only way to satisfy the majority of player-preference in FFB is to offer adjustability and there are a certain number of FFB-settings that are essential in order to achieve that. I feel like AC and RR have done that for the most part, and others may too but, some tweaking under the hood may still be needed for those that want the extra effects. I'm not for limiting FFB-effects to absolute realism because - well, real steering-feel can be downright dull and boring in most cars. F*** that, I want as much communication with the virtual car as possible and even then, there's a lot of communication still missing compared to reality.

16. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I kind of agree but, I do think the grip-levels are really a bit high with the older content in general so, it's more physics-related issues imo. There are a lot of cars where it's extremely difficult to break traction and it feels like it's on rails. I find the newer content to be more convincing overall.

One of of the more common complaints I see toward RR-FFB is a lack of surface detail but, that extends to users with motion-rigs as well. The grip-loss cues are really good and that enhances the feeling of high-grip to some extent but, the fine details are not present which may put some off when comparing title's.

The one thing with RR-FFB that through me off liking the FFB for a long time was using "Steering-Rack Forces"; that effect caused strange issues with both the AccuForce and OSW wheels. Once discovered, turning that off revealed very good FFB and the remaining effects began to make sense, tuning became much easier.

17. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer

I tried the new update and thought they nerfed the crap out of it.
    Then I realized the they turned on all the new assist options in the control panel.
    Bought the gt4 Porsche for 79 Vrp.

18. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I know two, three examples of people who complained about inferior physics - until they were told that they had simplified physics switched on instead of "Getting Real". :D One guy once complained to me in email that "there is no FFB that tells me anything about what trhe car is doing ". Until I told him that he should check his options - he had all FFB off, only the wheel centering at maximum. LOL. Next he told me he had heard of "canned effects", and so thougt that wheel centering were all that FFB is about, and that all the other options only create "white noise".

The world is a zoo, and its full of strange animals! ;)

19. Haiden773

I think another thing that skews comparisons is rig setup. When I first started sim racing with a wheel, I only had the wheel and was looking to get a lot of feedback from it. But the more my rig evolved--chassis, pedals with rumble motors, transducers, SimVibe, etc... the more feedback I offload from the wheel and to different hardware, so my wheel became smoother and more realistic feeling. RR feels better to me know, because despite the lack of surface detail, I can now feel some of it through SimVibe. Turn off the transducers, and it suddenly feels way too sterile. But if I didn't have Buttkickers, I might still be looking for more feedback from the wheel in that area.

I think we sometimes forget how much of a difference small variances in setup can make to the overall experience. And sometimes, the reason someone else's comment regarding their experience seems confusing or foreign, is because we're comparing apples to oranges.

Atak_Kat and Cote Dazur like this.
  20. Skybird

Skybird Alien

My sermon since long! :rolleyes:

Haiden773 likes this.