1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Talk about Raceroom Racing Experience R3E

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by SpriGgy, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I read that many 3rd-parties received information ahead of the release and that may be why support arrived quickly but, I imagine there may be some features that could take more time to develop. I don't know what those might be but, it's good to see hardware and software vendors be so responsive, some of whom may have dismissed RR as not being worthy in the past. For example, improved DD-wheel support may be in the works soon and D-box has recently added new effects to the tactile and motion system for RR. SimXperience also updated their plugin support quickly for SimVibe. Initially, such support required quite a few requests from community members to even be acknowledged but, with some poking and prodding urging them to check out RR progress, developers have started to take notice now.

Haiden773 and HoiHman like this.
  2. Skybird

Skybird Alien

FR-90. Classic V10 engines in three configurations. Top class sound - kills any formula car in any other sim. I am not into open wheelers that much - but the sounds rock the house.

Viggdred, bgil66 and nolive72 like this.
  3. plaid

plaid Alien

Anyone tried some endurance races and noticed the ai can - Really - keep up if you lap the others?
    Especially multiclass on The nordschleife.

If so which settings did you use?

4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

The V10 era was my favourite but I actually think that in raceroom it is poorly implemented in the 90 and 17 version, sounds far from accurate and no better than any other Sim.

tlsmikey likes this.
  5. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Simracer

Agreed. Sound is fairly mediocre, especially by R3E standards. I like this sim a lot, but they need to start working on a graphics update. It's starting to show its age and the blue-ish hue makes it feel very dated.

6. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

Is R3E's 90's DTM currently anywhere near AC's version?
    I love to bits AC's 90's DTM but lack of Audi V8 Quattro and other cars like Mustang hurts me. And I couldn't find any mods except for '89 Sierra :/

7. kuccu

kuccu Gamer

I find R3E 90s DTMs pretty much unmatched by any other game.

Viggdred likes this.
  8. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

They are certainly fun to drive. They date from the time RaceRoom wasn't intended as a full on sim (as stated by the developer - I'm not using the arcade/simcade label which is normally intended as an insult). Sector 3 have said they are currently reworking the physics to make them more realistic. Given their current popularity not an easy task.

xystof likes this.
  9. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

They also currently match Touring Classics performance, so the M3 is the same on both (in general, these cars will be too fast). When new physics are implemented, both cars will be different as we have on AC the M3 GrA and the faster 6 gear DTM M3.

This isn't a good practice, but if you're willing to wait on the physics update, buy them during this sale (check both prebought vrp price, then ingame store price, and finally steam price. If you lack proper tracks, something like the steam 2013 or 2014 dtm pack will boost your track count for these cars in the cheapest way possible.

10. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Going by the physics of R3E's latest releases I'd suggest buying them in the sale and waiting for the physics updates to the DTM and Touring Classics, it should be quite well done. It's been in the works for some time now.

xystof likes this.
  11. Danny Wilde

Danny Wilde Rookie

5000€ prize money are on offer
    The new ADAC GT Masters Esports Championship presented by KW suspensions and Pirelli starts right now - and it's bigger than ever before!

Compete in four live events:
    - ADAC GT Masters Nürburgring
    - ADAC SimRacing Expo
    - ADAC GT Masters Hockenheim
    - ADAC GT Masters Sachsenring

5000€ prize money are on offer.

Join now! http://game.raceroom.com/championships/33

12. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Simracer

So, R3E hired a new physics guy and I have to say I'm really impressed with what he's doing. So far his work has been pretty much limited to the Porsche Cup car but I highly recommend everyone check it out if they haven't already. It drives extremely well and is up there with the best cup car experience (AMS is probably tied for me).

13. Skybird

Skybird Alien

In case you mean Alex Hodgkinson, the guy has done a bit more already than just the Porsche cup car, and yes, he makes a big difference with all cars that got his treatment so far.
    In his own words:
    Also, he is there sinc some longer time already. "New" he is not really anymore.

His work is much loved by RR fans.

bgil66 and DaveS78 like this.
  14. Skybird

Skybird Alien

The voyage of RR into the future goes on at a time when I thought that it would approach a state of "product completeness". I was wrong! The latest announcements currently can be easily red at the new headlines of Race Department, and its a very long list, what really got me excited today is to learn that beside two tracks in final stages of completing and four more tracks in the pipe, the fantastic track of BILSTERBERG is coming!! Everybody knowing the - meanwhile withdrawn - mod for Bilsterberg in AC1 knows what a wonderful track to race that is. Marvellous! Wonderful! Splendid!

Rosko likes this.
  15. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Dubai released in four layouts. Visually very appealing work, with good track flow and nice detail and great atmosphere of the place and scenery. Very good work by S3. I knew Dubai only from some long forgotten mod, lacking much trackside detail, the track layout however already back then caught my attention. Its a nice track to race on, and this version really looks great. And someobdy did a fantastic job on contrast, colour choice and digital lighting.

This title has a fantastic original track pool.

16. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Bilsterberg imminent! Screenshots!

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/bilster-berg.13782/#post-187318

[​IMG]

A highlight in the collection. Everybody knowing the track and having driven it in thatt AC mod, knows what an experience it is: "19 turns over 4.2 kilometers and an impressive amount of elevation changes of up to 26 percent, with no fewer than 44 crests and dips." This one will keep you on your toes all lap long.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  17. Skybird

Skybird Alien

18. Skybird

Skybird Alien

19. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

Hopefully when the track actually comes out you will be too busy driving it to keep spamming this thread ;)

cerebralvortex and Stains like this.
  20. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Its out, it drives fantastic, it looks great, and the chaps are already cheering. One of the best tracks in RR, and in general. This bird here is chirping happily.