1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

talking about dommage.

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bartouze, Feb 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bartouze

bartouze Gamer

hi.

i know we all dont want a beam ng thing , but its a simulation and i mean.

what's more unréalistic than hiting a wall at absolut vmax in the front end.

and ending still driving with just the steering weel being impacted and some tthings , i'm not talking about graphic,
    just as in real life some crash kill the car and it's over , i mean it's all about Delta V.

alongside that i remember on early acces having blown a rear yre and then he diferential was just tturning on the void , cant go up ot 10 km/h , where it is now ? nevers seens thats again . tyres nevers blown up !

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    Tkeg likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality AC not talking to Oculus Rift S May 10, 2020
    ACC Audio Audio not initializing and spotter not talking May 4, 2019
    ACC Audio Ambient noise voices (in pit Not speakers talking) Jan 20, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Is that your voice Panky talking to us in the car? Jan 18, 2019
    PlayStation 4 Discussions What is this pad people are talking about? Oct 1, 2016

3. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Visual damage model is dependent on what manufacturers allow to be in the game.
    And tires still blow up.

4. He's not talking about the visual aspect of the damage and I think he've a valid point here.

BTW:
    Is the statement about the "car manufacturer do not allow real damage" a fact or a myth?

5. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Oh, damn, misread :p

Pretty sure it is a fact, can't find anything right now to back it up tho. Think I remember Aris or Marco talking about how much of a pain it is to have to constantly talk and negotiate with manufacturers what they can and can't do to their cars. I'll try to find it tomorrow.

After_Midnight likes this.
  6. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

7. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

I actually think its a good idea, I dont care about visual damage that much, its not that bad as it is, but mechanical side of things are not the greatest for the time being, you can total a car but it takes few massive hits, its all about making damage model so it allows for touching and rubbing and then simulate big hits as well, tbh its super hard to achive because there are so many factors that define what happens to a car during any contact,
    But the idea is good, at least with probability of big damage during stupid contacts will make people drive safer, but as I said it can't be that little contact that IRL just flexes bumper here ruins your aero or suspension, its super complicated and there is also netcode factor, its certainy a big taling point of simulation like this

After_Midnight likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.