1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Telemetry and Race Strategy tool for ACC (Real-time and Offline)

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Iko Rein, Feb 21, 2021.

1. aSab_steam

aSab_steam Rookie

Hi Iko,
    can I run your software whilst having RST also running on the same PC?

2. Iko Rein

Iko Rein Gamer

Well, in principle yes.

I don't know, if RST uses the 'ACC Broadcast' data or how it gets the data from the game, but I assume it uses the Shared Memory directly + might use the broadcast data on the side. I know that e.g. Simhub uses and it changes the 'ACC Broadcast' password, which might cause issues with my tool, if you have first setup my tool and then start Simhub, which overwrites the username and password for 'ACC Broadcast' data.

So here is what I think is the easiest way to setup the Telemetry Tool to work with RST.
    1) Have a working RST installation
    2) Start the Telemetry tool, go to 'Settings' --> 'ACC Settings' in the menu and just click 'save'. You need to restart the Telemetry Tool after that, so restart it and the 'ACC Relay' (to get data from Shared Memory).
    3) Start the game and you should receive data to both RST and my Tool.

Cheers.

3. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

4. Iko Rein

Iko Rein Gamer

New version 11.4 is here.

You can get the Tool from https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/telemetry-tool-for-acc.34563/

It took bit longer than anticipated to get it out of the door.

Notable new addition is rFactor 2 support.

For ACC the biggest change is, the DLC car data was updated.

For update, just replace the Telemetry.jar in your install directory with the one from the .zip. It might be also good idea to run the Tools --> Manage DB data -> Fix database data to fix odd issue with car ids.

For new install, just unzip in anywhere in your system (in Program files or some other location), the start with the .bat or .sh (Linux or Mac) files. The Tool will start on first run for data location etc.

This will most likely be the last 11.x branch release. Next one will be 12.0 when F1 22 comes out and when I have access to it.

Cheers.

kobra167 likes this.
  5. TaknMdwN

TaknMdwN Rookie

How come I dont see any opponent data? It only shows if they also run the software?

6. Iko Rein

Iko Rein Gamer

On AC there is no opponent data, i.e. with AC you just get "single player data".

On ACC there is opponent data, but you need to have both the Shared memory relay + the ACC Broadcasting data coming in for that. Easiest way to ensure the ACC broadcasting data comes in, is to close ACC (if running) and then in the Tool once do 'Settings --> ACC Settings' and press save. Then restart the Tool + the Shmem relay + ACC and you should get the ACC broadcasting data.

Cheers.

kobra167 likes this.
  7. TaknMdwN

TaknMdwN Rookie

Thank you! That worked

8. Gian_Pacca

Gian_Pacca Rookie

Hi Iko, sorry to bother you.
    I've been trying to make the tool work with a friend for days, but we can't figure a way out of it. We live in 2 different locations, so we just thought we could transmit the data from his computer to mine using our IPv4 addresses, but I guess we're doing something wrong because it just won't work. I haven't been able to find a video of the two computers setup, so I don't know what to do anymore. Can I post our configurations?
    Thanks,

Gianluigi

9. Iko Rein

Iko Rein Gamer

Hi,

Here are the steps to get the connection done.
    1) Both ends have a working installation of the Telemetry Tool and that it works with ACC
    2) Find out the real public IP address of your system. There is e.g. the whatismyipaddress.com, which can be used for that.
    3) Your friend adds that IP address + e.g. port 9090 to the UDP redirect (Settings --> Network Settings) and enables the UDP redirect. Data format is ACC
    4) On your end you must allow UDP traffic to the port set above (i.e. in this example 9090) and forward the UDP data to your computer (now you need to know your computer's local address in the network).
    If done correctly, the data should flow from your friend to your system.
    One way to test this is that your friend runs the FxFeed (see the help) on his/her system and sends ACC data to your public IP address + the port used and you should receive the test data, if the settings are correct.

An easier way for steps 2-4 is to create a VPN tunnel (with tool like Hamachi) between your computers. Then you will be in the same "subnet", i.e. traffic should flow between the two computers without the need to open up the firewall. With Hamachi you setup it for both computers and then create the connection. Now your friend needs to just know your IP address in the VPN Tunnel subnet and send traffic there. This is what most of my users seem to be doing.

Cheers.

10. Gian_Pacca

Gian_Pacca Rookie

Thank you for the kind reply, we'll try ASAP!

11. Iko Rein

Iko Rein Gamer

New version 12.0 is here.

You can get the Tool from https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/telemetry-tool-for-acc.34563/

Notable new addition is F1 22 support and move to Java 17 (new custom JRE included)

For ACC the biggest change is the addition of support for the USA tracks.

Also I did a small fix to show correct cup for each car.

For update, just replace the Telemetry.jar in your install directory with the one from the .zip. It might be also good idea to run the Tools --> Manage DB data -> Fix database data to fix odd issue with car ids.

For new/clean install, just unzip in anywhere in your system (in Program files or some other location), the start with the .bat or .sh (Linux or Mac) files. The Tool will start on first run for data location etc.

Enjoy, and get faster.

12. Iko Rein

Iko Rein Gamer

New version 12.1 is here.

Notable additions is some F1 22 fixes and some new AMS2 tracks.

For ACC the biggest change is the update of "typical fast lap" data for many tracks + a fix to a rare situation, where there was wrong carId for the player's car.

For new/clean install, just unzip in anywhere in your system (in Program files or some other location), the start with the .bat or .sh (Linux or Mac) files. The Tool will start on first run for data location etc.

Enjoy, and get faster.

13. Boyington

Boyington Rookie

Thanks for you great tool !!
    With my team, we are not able to have Opponents data during race session. Do you have an idea to solve this issue ?
    Sans titre.jpg
    Thanks again,

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
  14. Iko Rein

Iko Rein Gamer

So is the the same issue you wrote on RD?

Here is a note to all those using the Tool on multi-driver setup:
    You have to start the ACC Relay before starting ACC. (And yes, I never found this out, as I always start the Tool first and the game after that. ;-)).

Cheers.

15. Iko Rein

Iko Rein Gamer

New version 12.2 is here.

Notable additions are: F1 22 fixes, rFactor 2 additions/fixes, new AMS2 tracks and cars and Workspace/X-Y Plotter/Histogram now use the same traces and there are many new traces added.

For ACC the biggest change is you can enable the opponent lap saving also for Practice. To enable this, you have to edit the settings.xml file setting 'acc_save_opponents_in_practice'.

See the ReadMe.txt for detailed list of additions/fixes.

For update, just replace the Telemetry.jar in your install directory with the one from the .zip. If you use AMS2, the ams2_relay has also been updated, so update that too. It might be also good idea to run the Tools --> Manage DB data -> Fix database data to fix odd issue with car ids.

Enjoy, and get faster.

16. Iko Rein

Iko Rein Gamer

New version 12.3 is here.

Notable ACC changes/fixes:
    • Fixed error, when sometimes in multi-driver situation the driver name wasn't correct in some views.
    • Adjusted typical fast race laps based on the collected data. This has effect on "laps left" calculations etc
    • Added flag status to the cars for the track map + opponent data page.
    • Added 'PIT Opens in' and 'Pit Closes in' data to the header for race
    Notable AC changes/fixes:
    • Added multiplayer/multicar data to the tool. RaceTiming, Race history, opponent laps etc. all work now with AC. This requires you to add the 'Telemetry Tool Plugin' to AC. You can either just unzip to the apps directory the 'Telemetry_Tool_plugin.zip' from the bin\ac directory. Or you can use the 'Mod Manager' to install the package. The plugin just reads the data and forwards them via UDP to localhost:10101, which the Telemetry Tool will also now listen.
    • The Tool now also saves laptimes + race history properly
    • Added setting to change opponent lap saving options
    • Made the tool to automatically detect, which data sources are available and adjust the operation
    • Added tab change options: ABS+, ABS-, BrakeBias+, BrakeBias-, TC+, TC- , . This changes the "tab" in main window
    • Modified quite many views to accommodate the multiplayer data
    • There are some simple additional track-maps at https://telemetrytool.com/addons

Key new additions on this release:
    • STATISTICS TABLE GRAPHS: Added session long view, where you can see key tyre data for all laps in the session. Very handy e.g. for ACC to setup the tyre pressures.
    • MAP: Added forward pit window (or you can also select any car in the race to show, where they would land after normal pitstop).
    • RACE INFO: Fixed some issues with fuel use calculations. It should now work better also at the start of the race.
    • RACE TIMING: You can now select any driver and show their laptimes from the race.
    • COMPARISON PANEL: You can now adjust the width of the data visual line. Makes easier to work with that data.
    • Fixed race history saving. It should now work well in all games even, if you just do one race and quit the tool.
    • RaceRoom Racing Experience support added
    • rFactor 2, new plugin, which should put less stress on the network connection + plenty of fixes/tweaks
    • AMS2: Added the new tracks + cars data
    • A lot of little tweaks/fixes here and there.
    See the ReadMe.txt for the list of all additions/changes and how to update/do clean install.

Enjoy, and get faster.

Some screenshots
    Session long tyre data graph. Very handy e.g. for setting up the tyre pressures in changing conditions.
    v12_3_ACC_stats_graphs.png

Map with "forward pit window" or pit window for other driver.
    v12_3_AC_map_with_forward_pit_window.png

17. it_frank

it_frank Rookie

Great!
    2 questions:
    - I can't interface it with a tablet (perhaps the PC acts as a server)?
    - Excuse my ignorance, but how do I download your program?

Thanks for the reply.

18. Iko Rein

Iko Rein Gamer

1) To use tablet, there is a HTTP server included, which you enable on the 'Settings -> Networking' settings. Then you can use your table to connect to it with e.g. Chrome and you can get e.g. track map with cars or a simple race info page. In short, e.g. if the Telemetry Tool is run on computer with IP 192.168.10.10 and the HTTP server is on, then you connect to from chrome with http://192.168.10.10:8002/user_defined.html this will open list of available data.

2) You download the Tool from RaceDepartment.com at https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/telemetry-tool-for-acc.34563/

Cheers.

19. Iko Rein

Iko Rein Gamer

New version 12.4 is here.

Notable ACC changes/fixes:
    • 1.9 + new DLC data added
    • Valencia track + trackmap added
    • Updated relay, so that it can read local .ini file for easier portable installation
    • Many ACC related optimizations. Tool works now much better on very long races
    • Added way to add tyrewear for the session. You need to do manual entry via 'Statistics table graphs' view with the 'Add tyrewear' dialog. The data can be found from the race setup screen in ACC[​IMG]
    • Added to Settings option to enable opponent lap saving also in practice
    • Added option to show multiple race messages on the Driving pane
    Notable AC changes/fixes:
    • AC: new plugin to mitigate conflicts with other plugins
    • Updated the relay to make it more portable
    • Added data to the 'UDP forward F1 2020' mode. If used e.g. with SF1000 wheel, then the wheel will show e.g. DRS in use and correct number of cars, if there are more than 22 cars on track.
    Other notable additions:
    • All relays have been updatedAMS2 Nords 1971 tracks + new cars data
    • rF2: new plugin with new data, also new trackmaps added to the extra track map pack
    • R3E: new version's data added
    • Workspace: Load and save buttons added for easier management of the workspaces
    • BLUE LAP lap has new option: Previous lap
    See the ReadMe.txt for list of additions

Update

To update, you can just unzip the whole .zip on top of your existing installation.

For simple update, just update the Telemetry.jar + the bin (all relays have new version) directory in the existing installation + copy the tracks\acc content to get the Valencia trackmap.

For AC update, update the Telemetry Tool plugin too to the new version.

New Install

If you are doing a new install, just unzip the package anywhere in your system (can be in \program files or e.g. \bin\telemetry_tool). On windows start the tool with runWin.bat and select the game mode. On first run the Tool will ask for the location of data files etc. and it will setup all things for you. The default settings should work well.

If you use the Tool on Linux/Mac, check the ReadMe.txt for details on running the Tool on those platforms.

No data?

And a reminder to ACC users. If you don't receive opponent lap data, or the driver names are like 'Driver 1' etc, mitigate this by doing once save in the ACC settings dialog (Settings --> ACC Settings).

Enjoy, and get faster.

Some screenshots

Valencia trackmap
    V12_4_acc_map_valencia.png
    Statistics table graphs with Tyre Wear
    v12_4_acc_tyre_wear_added.png
    Driving pane: multiple messages
    V12_4_acc_driving_many_events_extract.png

20. Iko Rein

Iko Rein Gamer

Hello,

New version 13.0 with F1 23 support is out. You can get the new version from
    https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/telemetry-tool-for-f1-23-and-many-other-games.61580/

Notable ACC related changes are:
    • Way to setup the tyre wear target in the Statistics Graphs. This adjusts the values shown in the graph.
    • New multi-car session history statistics shows many data, like laptimes averages (last 3, since pitstop, all valid laps etc), laps since pitstop etc. for all cars in the race
    • Fixed 'suspension velocity' data for the histograms.
    • New 720S data added to the tool
    • Fuel need estimate calculator, data is based on your laps completed on the selected car and stored by Telemetry Tool.

Notable AC related changes are:
    • New TelemetryToolPlugin. Adds bit more data and should hopefully be the final version of the plugin.
    • Added option to 'invalidate' the lap, if the game reports track-cut. This is in 'Settings -> AC Settings'
    • Added first version of tyre type/color info into the relevant views.
    • Fixed issue, where on endurance races (120+ laps) the Delta would stop working. This was related to the fact, that originally there was no multi-car support for AC, thus there was no need to "adjust" the delta system. This fix also applies to R3E and rF2. In ACC it was already working.
    • New multi-car session history statistics shows many data, like laptimes averages (last 3, since pitstop, all valid laps etc), laps since pitstop etc. for all cars in the race
    • Fuel need estimate calculator, data is based on your laps completed on the selected car and stored by Telemetry Tool.

Notable new changes
    - Full F1 23 support
    - Changed lapdata and opponent file formats and added more data to the headers
    - Experimental TCP Forward support (to mitigate VPN related packet drop issues).

See the ReadMe.txt for a full list of additions

Update

To update, you can just unzip the whole .zip on top of your existing installation.

For clean install/update, just unzip the .zip to a new location. The Tool will ask for location of data on the first run.

For AC update, update also the Telemetry Tool plugin too to the new version.

New Install

If you are doing a new install, just unzip the package anywhere in your system (can be in \program files or e.g. \bin\telemetry_tool). On windows start the tool with runWin.bat and select the game mode. On first run the Tool will ask for the location of data files etc. and it will setup all things for you. The default settings should work well.

If you use the Tool on Linux/Mac, check the ReadMe.txt for details on running the Tool on those platforms.

No data?

And a reminder to ACC users. If you don't receive opponent lap data, or the driver names are like 'Driver 1' etc, mitigate this by doing once save in the ACC settings dialog (Settings --> ACC Settings).

Enjoy, and get faster.

Some screenshots

Multicar session history view
    V130_ACC_Multicar_session_history.png

Multicar session history details view
    V130_ACC_Multicar_session_history_details.png

Last edited: Jun 19, 2023