1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Test Track with Skidpad

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by sonicviz, Oct 13, 2019.

1. sonicviz

sonicviz Gamer

How many of you actually rank consistently in any competition racing in the top 3?
    How many of you actually teach anything substantial to anyone?

2. Dufloth

Dufloth Racer

I don’t play special events, but you can find my name in several top 3 in the AMS/PC2 leaderboards

with that being said, it’s not a stupid circle pad that will make you reach the top

3. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

So you are basically saying that people who can't get top 3 are bad and have low skill ?
    Setting a top time is all about executing every corner at maximum speeds but what generally happens to most of us(especially me) is that we basically on our way to top lap basically screw up a corner or 2 by small margins.
    hence missing on top spot by under a second.
    I assure you that alot of guys here will post top times if they could just string a whole lap together.
    If anyone is good enough to get near top lap with 1-1.3 second gap is very good sim racers, you don't need top person to tell you actual behaviour of car just asking any good enough players will do.

4. sonicviz

sonicviz Gamer

You're all (apart from a couple) fixated on telling me how I should drive (while back patting yourselves) but can't be bothered to actually understand what I'm talking about.

*slow hand clap*

5. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I can recommend some tracks that are very good for testing cars behaviour so you don't have to drive on all of them to get the picture.

1.paul richard testing->>
    •straight line speed,acceleration,aero stability, long corners that induce understeer,some kerbs riding

2.Hungaroring testing->>
    •Kerbs riding, low-mid speed behaviour of car,some off camber braking zones

3.Spa testing->>
    •Eau rouge is very good to check stability of car and generally requires little bit of understeer to get through that corner BUT with this understeer lot of other corners suffer crucial one is T16 which needs to taken flat to achieve good times; Also some nice off camber corners.

4.Brands Hatch testing->>

Lots of elevation changes, narrow course means cars needs to be agile and not understeer too much, bumps handling which means car needs little bit soft setup BUT since track is narrow especially the last corner where i've ran wide many time due to understeer so overall needs a good compromise to be able to handle bumps and not understeer too much.

The only problem in GT3 car IMO is understeer on power (not true for all cars) here me out , If you got braking oversteer or understeer you got LOTS of settings to adjust like brake bias, ABS
    if you got power on oversteer you got TC
    if you got coasting understeer you can lower the diff values and adjust danpers etc
    so basically only thing that could go wrong is power on understeer which sadly has only one cure, don't get greedy and apply throttle at appropriate time or go ham with drift setup( NOT recommended)

That is all i have learned from ACC.

sonicviz likes this.
  6. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

I’m not going to get into an argument about skid pads getting you into the top 10 as I feel like the original post has gotten off topic. I will say a skid pad is a very useful tool when used in conjunction with telemetry. You can learn a lot about the car and the effect adjustments have on its lateral acceleration capability by using a skid pad. We use them in irl for both testing and car development. Best part about having them in game is you don’t have to worry about replacing tires. You can easily go through an entire set of rubber in a day of testing on a skid pad.

FlakNine likes this.
  7. LotusRacer

LotusRacer Gamer

Those saying a skid pan is wasted development effort don't understand skid pans.

Just because you are an elite sim racer who aces every track doesn't mean you actually know or understand that much about racing, either. You're just good/lucky/whatever at getting a car around a track very quickly without crashing.

It's a fact there are some drivers who can drive the biggest piece of junk car out there and set lap records. There are mediocre drivers who need a better car to do better.

For the rest of us, we want to understand our cars at a deeper level, try things, and ultimately hone our skills. There is no "magic bullet", but all small aspects culminate in a better car and a better driver.

A major aspect to using a skid pan is repeatability. It's hard to test a car on any given track as your entry to any given corner matters, and the moment passes in an instant. A skid pan lets you get to the area of focus and stay there for a long time.

8. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Cars are dynamic and never in a steady state.
    What I mean is that they are either braking, accelerating , turning in or turning out of a corner (often in combinations), therefore there is some sort of constantly changing body roll/pitch which means constantly changing suspension geometry. To be fast you have to be able to manage these constant changes whilst not overloading or underloading the tyres. You don't get this with a constant radius, you may think it will help but you are mistaken.

9. LotusRacer

LotusRacer Gamer

That is not the reason a skid pan would be a "nice to have" feature. It allows for testing and playing with the car to see the effects. Yes, a track can be used, but there are too many other variables.

10. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

What would it test exactly?

11. A skid pan in acc is as useful as my golden panties while I'm sit on my golden wc

Kennifer and Rogue Leader like this.
  12. durielk

durielk Rookie

JC, there is more whining about why not to have a Test Track than actually making one. If someone wants one, and U don't, why are you *****ing?

The reason why is you can test stuff, really quick and easy, without wasting a lot of time going around the rest of the track.