1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Th8a Handbrake?

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by Felix Gro, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Felix Gro

Felix Gro Gamer

Title says it all, I know h-pattern is supported, but can you use it as a handbrake ?

Thanks in advance :)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Thrustmaster TH8A Jul 5, 2020
    Steering wheels discussions TH8A upgrade mod for realistic shifter Dec 10, 2019
    Steering wheels discussions TH8A upgrade mod for realistic shifter Dec 10, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Th8a Apr 29, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals T500RS and TH8A Shifter: swapped configs in controls.json file? Dec 31, 2018
    Steering wheels discussions Help !! How can I use again my TH8A shifter on AC???? (Now with a FANATEC CSL ELITE PS4 Wheel) Apr 10, 2018
    Steering wheels discussions T500rs w/th8a shifter how to Jan 13, 2018
    XBox One Discussions TH8A Shifter Help Dec 12, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues TH8A shifter completely stopped working in AC Oct 3, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Logitech G27 vs. Thrustmaster TH8A shifter Aug 28, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues TH8A Settings Good, but not shifting Jul 8, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues AC recognises T300 and TH8a but I need to do setup wizard every time Feb 4, 2017
    Bug reports XB1 TH8A Not Working Jan 29, 2017
    Console Lounge Th8a, shifter not working Jan 28, 2017
    Steering wheels discussions TH8A H Pattern compatible cars Dec 26, 2016

3. mr_malavey

mr_malavey Gamer

Hi guys, am loving the game ( playing on ps4), I'm sure you've been bombarded with request for this already but please can you make options available to assign buttons as drifting with a wheel and not being able to have the handbrake easily accessible is a nightmare and I have a couple of ideas for a hydro that will actually push the button for me but one involves a push solenoid and the r3 button on the Base, the other involves a spring loaded pivot system to hit the o on a controller mounted infront of the shifter, sadly I can't do either of these options atm as I can't assign the handbrake to a second device or even a button on the wheel, it's not a game killer but makes tandems alot harder.
    I know it's early day and you have other issues to sort out, like the online lobby system,or the collision mechanics but the button issue is kind of a biggie.
    Like I said I love the game, basically lived on it since release and I know you have to potential to smash all the other driving games and are working hard to do so.
    Cheers

paul_wev likes this.
  4. Spitfire77

Spitfire77 Racer

The official Analog Handbrake mode of the TH8rs and TH8a shifters is not supported on consoles, however... Once AC has custom button mapping, the user *should* be able to put the TH8 shifters into sequential mode and map it to handbrake, then use it as a digital on/off handbrake. This will require it to be plugged into the console using the USB port, last time i checked, when it is directly connected to the wheelbase it maps to L1/R1 which is the same as the paddles.

5. mr_malavey

mr_malavey Gamer

Cheers for the reply mate, lol yeah let's hope the issue gets sorted with the h shifter also then as I'm outs USB ports and I don't know what would happen with a USB hub thrown in the mix.
    Tbh I'd be happy with mapping to the r3 button on the Base as I have a hydro mod in mind using a solenoid mounted infront of the r3 to mechanically push it as I could make that for about 6 quid rather than forking out another 100 quid for a second shifter to use purely as a handbrake that may or may not work ( if you can tell I really don't want to void my wheels warranty).
    Gotta say I really am loving this game though, I've been on p cars for so long trying to find drift setups and failing, it's nice to finally get my craving for sideways action well and truly curbed lol

6. Spitfire77

Spitfire77 Racer

Yeah I was going to mod my t300 base for dirt rally to have a handbrake, but since the shifter worked as a handbrake I never bothered. I bought pretty much everything I need to make the handbrake for under $20. Found the idea from a user on another forum.. using a cheap arcade joystick. He doesn't make it pretty but making a cover would not be difficult.

http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/22495-diy-thrustmaster-tx-arcade-handbrake-mod-tarhamâ„¢/

The parts are just sitting in my closet.. when I get bored one weekend I will go for it. My T300 is past warranty anyways.

Edit - oh and yeah I use a cheep USB hub on my ps4 and it works fine for the shifter and my headset dongle. It was a free one at a work event. Been lucky and had no issues with it and AC, h-pattern always works.

7. mr_malavey

mr_malavey Gamer

Yeah that's a good shout, sadly I don't have an old joystick and if I'm spending money then I'l pay a bit extra and get a proper hydro but I had some junk laying about so I made a hydro style ( strong spring instead of piston though) handbrake already and have the switch ready to go but waiting to see the outcome of button assignments before I commit to buying solenoids or voiding anything, think if I go the open and wiring route though I'l do it to the pub on the wheel as they're cheaper to replace than the Base lol

8. Suffolk-Wal

Suffolk-Wal Gamer

Button mapping on ps4, settings, accessibility, button mapping, hope that helps

9. mr_malavey

mr_malavey Gamer

Tried that but didn't seem to work for the wheel, only the controller, unless I was missing a vital step?
    Has it worked for you?

10. Skemekos123

Skemekos123 Racer

11. mr_malavey

mr_malavey Gamer

Lol thanks mate, greatly appreciated but I've already made one myself and have it ready to wire in but not ready to bite the bullet and wire it in yet, looking for a guide to wire it in the Base so I can fit a 2 pin plug to the Base so the cable never gets disturbed and if it's not wired direct to the wheel then the cable won't Street through the turning of the wheel. Not sure if it goes through some fancy it or microprocessor in the wheel pcb before going through the ps2 connector.
    As I said in previous posts I have an idea involving an actuator to physically press the r3 button but not even the ps4 settings controller assignment could sort that

T300rsIRL likes this.
  12. Suffolk-Wal

Suffolk-Wal Gamer

Hi, i haven't looked at handbrake side of things but was just trying to help with the fact you can use ps4 for button mapping as seems not a lot of people realized that.

13. streetwedge

streetwedge Rookie

Hi guys,

I have the same problem.

I have found a guy on youtube who drifts with a th8 handbrake on the ps4 in assetto. At least he says he does.
    Here is the link to the video:

Does anyone have an idea how he does it?