1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Th8a shifter not recognising?

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by DriftRb_86, Aug 26, 2016.

1. DriftRb_86

DriftRb_86 Rookie

Hey guys, I'm having a few issues with the TH8A shifter on the ps4. All automatics are off and h-shifter is on. I know certain cars aren't able to use the manual gear function, would you guys be able to tell me 100% which cars are able use this? Tried server drift cars and stock car to no avail.

vince9333 and Samsung1998racer like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Steering wheels discussions TH8A upgrade mod for realistic shifter Dec 10, 2019
    Steering wheels discussions TH8A upgrade mod for realistic shifter Dec 10, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals T500RS and TH8A Shifter: swapped configs in controls.json file? Dec 31, 2018
    Steering wheels discussions Help !! How can I use again my TH8A shifter on AC???? (Now with a FANATEC CSL ELITE PS4 Wheel) Apr 10, 2018
    Steering wheels discussions T500rs w/th8a shifter how to Jan 13, 2018
    XBox One Discussions TH8A Shifter Help Dec 12, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues TH8A shifter completely stopped working in AC Oct 3, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Logitech G27 vs. Thrustmaster TH8A shifter Aug 28, 2017
    Console Lounge Th8a, shifter not working Jan 28, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds AC "forgets" TH8A-Shifter every time after W7 --> W10 update Dec 24, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions TH8A Shifter NOT WORKING ON PS4 Assetto Corsa Dec 17, 2016
    Steering wheels discussions So using TH8A shifter on WSP Dec 9, 2016
    Steering wheels discussions Playseat challenge th8a shifter mount Sep 15, 2016
    XBox One Discussions BUG: TH8A Shifter not always recognised Sep 10, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions TH8A Shifter not working on Thrustmaster T300RS Aug 27, 2016

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

As long as you didnt use the z4 to drift it should be h-pattern. I saw on inside sim racing where Billy Strange said he had to plugin the shifter directly to his console, see if that works

4. Jimster71

Jimster71 Rookie

You have to plug the shifter directly into the ps4.

5. Jimster71

Jimster71 Rookie

Duplicate post

6. Hopefully they fix this then, it seems odd it doesn't work while plugged into my USB adapter as it works on Iracing(PC), Dirt, pCARS (PS4)

7. Alvaro Neves

Alvaro Neves Rookie

Do you have the TH8A connect to the wheel or to the PS4? Could you use the TH8A with one specific car?

8. tschooker

tschooker Rookie

that's really frustrating ,
    a racing game simulations , in which you cant even use the Shifter..

9. Alvaro Neves

Alvaro Neves Rookie

Connect to PS4 not to the wheel and try

10. matbird

matbird Rookie

I'm having this same problem - I'm on a T500RS, TH8A is plugged into the PS4 (there is no connector on the T500 to plug it into the wheel, anyway) and although I have "use h-shifter" set to "on", it does nothing at all when driving cars that clearly have h-pattern shift...

Jacky Chou, jayd_10 and Alvaro Neves like this.
  11. tschooker

tschooker Rookie

same here, just with t300'

if plugged to the wheel, sequ. shifting works, but thats no wonder , it just uses up and down like the paddles.
    H-Pattern dosnt work usb or wheel plugged.
    just to say it another time, with Project Cars it works 100% pluuged into the wheel.
    but here, nope. cant be that hard to make it work ?

12. matbird

matbird Rookie

OK now I really am confused...

My shifter just started working - I don't think I changed anything, but it is definitely working - but the weird thing is that it started working while I was driving the BMW M3 E92 Drift, which unless I'm mistaken is a paddle-shift?

13. Bluemoonie

Bluemoonie Rookie

Connecting the th8a via a usb is not possible for some as all my wires are neatly hidden within my rig I shouldn't have to dismantle it when ever I wish to play this game
    I have high hopes for this game and I am a patient lad as I bought driveclub at day one and look at the issues they had but I won't purchase the season pass until some issues are dealt with ie...th8a and button mapping to wheels that are supported.....

Skemekos123 and Samsung1998racer like this.
  14. Totally agree! Once they squash the career mode and special event bugs, add button mapping and fix the shifter and then add some form of hosted custom lobby's i will happily pour my money into this game, as i feel once these issues are dealt with the game would be unbeatable.

Skemekos123 likes this.
  15. Skemekos123

Skemekos123 Racer

Same here.

16. Skemekos123

Skemekos123 Racer

Same here. I don't want to connect my shifter to my PS4, and I shoulsnt need to either.
    They seriously need to fix this.

Samsung1998racer likes this.
  17. Jacky Chou

Jacky Chou Gamer

Please support T500RS+ TH8RS manual shift! Please!
    It works in another game project cars! So it should be in yours!

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

Samsung1998racer likes this.
  18. Jacky Chou

Jacky Chou Gamer

I had changed the sub of the th8rs shift to left, but still doesn't work!

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

19. Jacky Chou

Jacky Chou Gamer

I don't know what's happened, but it works now,fantastic game!

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

20. matbird

matbird Rookie

Yesterday, my shifter was working fine - today, no matter which USB port I plug it into, whether I plug it in before the game boots or afterwards, it is just not working. Is there a definitive method for getting the shifter to be recognised?

21. Jimster71

Jimster71 Rookie

Drift versions of cars will be stick shift

matbird likes this.