1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Thank you kunos for this latest patch

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by itsmedavetn, Aug 1, 2015.

1. itsmedavetn

itsmedavetn Rookie

I just wanted to post and say thanks to Kunos and their staff for this wonderful update. Before the update, all I used AC for was running hotlaps around the Nordschleife. The AI was largely worthless in my opinion. After this patch, the AI is wonderful in my opinion. I'm seeing battles and the conga line is done. I've ran 10-15 races post patch and each of them was a fantastic experience and a total change from pre-patch. This has to be one of the best updates ever for a product. It's completely changed my opinion on AC. Thanks so much to the staff at Kunos for the wonderful update (and for the equally amazing GT-R Nismo and Zandevoort.)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Thank you Kunos! Let us show you some love and allow us pre order IGT DLC Nov 9, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Thanks, Kunos Jul 1, 2019
    ACC Physics Tyre deformation. Thanks Kunos! Jun 9, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Thank you Kunos for better telemetry handling off track Apr 18, 2019
    XBox One Discussions Thanks Kunos Dec 30, 2017
    Chit Chat Room thank you kunos this game is just so nice! Mar 24, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Thank you Kunos Oct 22, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions thank you kunos this game is beautiful Oct 5, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Simply want to say thank you Kunos! Sep 24, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Thank you KUNOS for letting me win my first Kart Race! Aug 29, 2016
    Chit Chat Room gpl owner says thank you Kunos Jul 21, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Thanks Kunos for fixing VR in the latest patch! Jul 18, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Thank u kunos Oct 10, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Thank you kunos once again!!! Oct 9, 2015
    General modding discussion Many thanks to all modders, teams and kunos Dec 26, 2014

3. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

I feel exactly the same I gave up on ac - from buying on release day- totally and hadn't played in about a year. But I've always had a love for my first pc sim (bought before gsc and rfs rre etc) and now I'm happy I can race the ai in a great feeling and looking sim.

mirroring the ops words thanks kunos don't let ac slip like that again lol

itsmedavetn likes this.
  4. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

I want to thank (Lord) Kunos specifically for the physic (translated into FFB) improvements and fix, because the way I can now feel the front tires is phenomenal. This took the driving to a whole other level. With my G27 I can now bump up the gain by about 20+ and get a lot more useful information into my hands. Thank you.

MsportDAN likes this.
  5. Mogster

Mogster Alien

It's hard to believe that the AI has gone from the dreadful mess that we had in 1.1 to the way it is now.

I've spent the afternoon running a track day setup at Spa. Mixed road cars, from the La Ferrari to the Mito with me driving the new GTR. Other than a tiny bit of bumping the AI performed very well, they slide around which is actually lovely to watch, fight each other cleanly and leave the player racing room. I did get hit a couple of times but it was pretty much unavoidable, once was me broadside across the track having spun... I actually felt bad having wrecked their cars :D

Kudos to Stefano :cool:

itsmedavetn likes this.
  6. Yeah, me too with g27 I put ffb strenght to level never reached before! It's more fluid now, and driving beast like 98t and sauber it's orgasmic. Also I can see ffb never clip at maximum value on the app bar, so it will not result compressed anymore ;) very nice to drive now. Can't wait for gyro effect to be implemented, it would be nice expecially on fwd cars ;) let's play! If someone want to race together into some server please PM me. I want find someone to race with or discuss about the game.

7. Thank you kunos , keep up the goodwork!:)

8. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

Yes, genuine thanks for this patch! Spent all weekend taking in just how much things have improved.

Huge improvements. Lotus 49s going into San Donato 3 abreast without incident, amazing.
    The tyre model especially grip recovery and control of slides is better than I hoped it would ever be.

Also the smaller things like not having to wait to select a gear. Big list, thank you :)

9. hazardic

hazardic Alien

And i finally been able to rule sauber without killing me and began to get pleasure! And now wobbling is translated onto my wheel! And when i turn my head back i hear engine more loudly (if it's on back) or more silently if it's in the front! And now i have a real heavy feel of a car, not like i'm sitting on surfer board! And now i get this on the edge feel like irl!
    Huge thanks you, i hope you all reading feedback and i hope there is something warm on your heart now

10. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Good work, finally players driving AI will shut up on this forum ;) (hug)

I like the physics and mp features, the best part being the plugin for guys to code knowing what we need, perfecting the experience, while KS work on even more killa content and bugfixing under the hood.

Cheers and congratulations!!

11. ekosan

ekosan Racer

Good update. AI on the up, and the handling feels nice and lively.
    Cheers fellas.

12. [LYN] Cheesenium

[LYN] Cheesenium Hardcore Simmer

Really happy with this patch. The AI is great to race with in this patch.

Zandovoort is great to drive on while the 5 free cars are a pleasure to drive.

Keep it up. Hope the AI will be improved more in the future as they can't really defend their position and also AI pits.

Also, thanks for not breaking the mods.