1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Thanks, Kunos

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by romandevision, Jul 1, 2019.

1. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

In principle, a significant change in driving sensation without prior notice (not with all cars). The new tire algorithms and especially the implementation of the DHE tire seem to be inspired by Aris - Doriftoooo time!
    A completely unexpected clear step forward.It's even more fun to drive, you can put the car even easier into the gravel.
    Imola is a lot of fun - the first simulation of Imola that I enjoy (in AC it was always a love-hate relationship).
    FFB is improved - very nice.
    The AI also a big step forward - yesterday I defended the Bentley with a big grin against the AI in Imola.
    Being fast has apparently not become easier - everything feels more real.
    TL;DR
    Thanks Kunos!

Romneyb, LATE4APEX and AndyK70 like this.
  2. Georg Siebert

Georg Siebert Simracer

I've been critical in the past, but thank you Kunos for the tyre update. These will separate oil from water, boys from men and paint from bodywork.

[​IMG]

3. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Couldn't agree more,... on all points.

sissydriver and Romneyb like this.
  4. Just had my first chance to run the new update. ACC has, to me on my rig, given the closest approximation to real life driving modern GT cars. It had its flaws, notably low speed ‘bite’ from the tyres and the odd situation which lead to unrealistic understeer (mainly mid speed direction changes), also the TC is generally far too responsive, even on its minimum settings it cuts too much wheelspin, the real systems have much more freedom in front:rear wheelspeed differences.
    What can I say about 1.6? The first word that came to mind was ‘Wow!’
    The low speed grip and front end bite on direction changes are so much better! Its so close to driving a real GT car in so many aspects now. The snappy-ness of new, under pressured tyres and the way they switch on is much more lifelike. Fantastic job Kunos.

FriendOfJah, Mogster, pdf3108 and 4 others like this.
  5. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

For me now, there is ACC before 1.6 and after 1.6. The new tyres are beautiful. To be honest, I did not notice a significant difference between 488 and 488 EVO. But the new livery SMP is cool.

Thank you for the link. Once again, I was convinced that Stefano is a talented person. I miss his trolling in this forum. :(

Yesterday I had one of the best races with AI at Imola. Only Raceroom has the same experience - there is also an excellent AI.

FriendOfJah, AndyK70 and sissydriver like this.
  6. ttabone62

ttabone62 Rookie

I've been sim racing for quite a while.I've tried every sim going.You guy's freakin nailed it.I've never had so much fun racing the Ai in my life.It's like racing humans!! Just wanted to say how much i appreciate all the hard work you all do to give us a great sim.I spent hundreds of dollars on i racing and uninstalled it after racing ACC. Your DLC is awesome and will be sure to grab anything you guy's release without a doubt. Thanks again.

marty73, marph, FriendOfJah and 11 others like this.