1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The ACC Benchmark Thread

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by LeDude83, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

Then, I did another one trying to use LeDude83's graphics settings. But also ran with different screen resolutions in case interesting:

i7-8700k, 1080ti, no overclocking. I use cockpit view, all HUD items visible. FOV is 50.

1920x1080
    2018-11-21 19:18:21 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 13528 - Time: 176781ms - Avg: 76.524 - Min: 57 - Max: 104
    ( I thought that result would be higher, but it's not. Re-ran it a few times and each time it came very similar to this. There was not much difference vs. 2560x1440...)

2560x1440
    2018-11-21 19:34:42 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 13715 - Time: 186094ms - Avg: 73.699 - Min: 51 - Max: 100

4096x2160
    2018-11-21 19:27:48 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 9614 - Time: 182453ms - Avg: 52.693 - Min: 35 - Max: 70

All of the above were ran with these settings, only thing changed was the screen resolution.

LeDude.jpg

2. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

the difference between the view where you can see the dashboard (heigth 0 distance 1 fov 54° pitch 0°) and the one i normally use - the closer one to the windshield (height 5 distance -18 fov 17° pitch 2°) was

Avg: 51.264 - Min: 36 - Max: 73 (cockpit)

Avg: 32.699 - Min: 20 - Max: 46 (dunno the name, the "close" one)

these two are like extremes - one (for me) too far away, the other so close - i love it.

so its very complex!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    LeDude83 likes this.
  3. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

I've run the test with FPS cap off, other settings just as before:

2018-11-21 18:12:04 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 7129 - Time: 108156ms - Avg: 65.914 - Min: 0 - Max: 91

max fps is the same but avg is higher even with min to 0

LeDude83 likes this.
  4. NeRo2

NeRo2 Gamer

Here is the Video from where I got my current NV Panel settings I´m running for now. Maybe better than posting a screenshot from a German NV panel UI. I recommend to add ACC into the profilelist and only change the settings directly for the game rather than change the global settings. After I set up my ACC profile like in the video I also changed Antialiasing to override the Games AA settings and set it up to 4x. Newest NV drivers are installed.

I´m curious if this really can help with gaining some fps in ACC. Would be nice if someone who tried these settings could give some feedback.

Jump to 1:40

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    Freddie Seng likes this.
  5. Tigerteeth

Tigerteeth Simracer

I did a quick test.

Previous Result
    With 20 AI and mirrors off:
    2018-11-20 14:13:25 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 8979 - Time: 188718ms - Avg: 47.579 - Min: 34 - Max: 62

New Result
    With 20 AI and mirrors off + New Nvidia Settings (Maximum pre-rendered frames 3):
    2018-11-21 22:18:23 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 10556 - Time: 189328ms - Avg: 55.755 - Min: 34 - Max: 72

LeDude83 and NeRo2 like this.
  6. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Simracer

@NeRo2 Tried those Nvidia settings, absolutely nothing changed, same performance. I made sure the changes were for the AC2-Win64-Shipping.exe. Only thing I noticed is that the game is absolutely horrible now lol.

NeRo2 likes this.
  7. Tigerteeth

Tigerteeth Simracer

It's good that we're compiling a list of benchmarks for this version as we can now compare them with future builds using our own tests as a baseline.

It should give us a more definitive answer on performance and optimisation progression.

LeDude83 and NeRo2 like this.
  8. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

@Sissidriver, am I getting this right - you gained ~55 % FPS (33 --> 51) by switching from dashcam view to cockpit view? That would be kind of sensational.

Other things I can see:
    • For some systems (and maybe unless you're CPU-bound) the mirrors make a significant difference
    • For some systems, the pre-rendered frames in NV CP make a significant difference
    I'm uploading the table to post 1 now. It's not a quick-and-easy overview but a complete database including all in-game settings and multiple runs per user.

I can see that we will end up with great performance recommendations that Kunos can sticky. Hopefully, we will also help Kunos to focus on the weak spots in performance and improve on it.

Good community effort - thanks again.

9. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@LeDude83 - yes, thats right. and i think its not sensational - i use extreme fov in dashcam view and the opponents backs are ~40cm wide and in cockpit view they are 5cm wide. that must have an impact on fps. :cool:
    try it for yourself - cockpit view with fov >50 and dashcam with fov <20. ;)
    if i am wrong i emm-.... (what is "ich fressn besen" in english??? i eat brooms???) :rolleyes:

After_Midnight and LeDude83 like this.
  10. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Lol...I'll sh*t bricks is what they say :p

Ok so not necessarily the view but maybe the FOV...to be verified or falsified. Doesn't sound logical to me though that a wider FOV causes higher FPS - there's more objects with reflections, foliage etc in view with wider FOV. But we can't tell yet.

Oh and there's another interesting hint - @luxxx797 gained 37.5 % FPS just by removing the in-game FPS-limit from 91 to Off.

There seems to be a whole bunch of unusual suspects in here.

11. NeRo2

NeRo2 Gamer

Sorry to hear that, a shame that this could not help you gain some fps. Did ACC look worse for you with these settings?

12. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@LeDude83 - there is something mixed up:
    to clarify:
    Dashcam - bigger visual objects - less fps
    cockpit view - smaller objects - more fps

13. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Thanks but there's nothing mixed up. We're saying the same thing. Cockpit view --> smaller Objects but also more objects. If you widen the FOV, more objects fit inside (cars, trees, trackside objects, grandstands).

14. alepaludo

alepaludo Gamer

Tip, to find the bottleneck with the game in your system easily you can use a gpu profiler like this (disable draw calls, etc).
    You can also try to substitute/disable individual shaders.
    To check the cpu use visual studio.

LeDude83 likes this.
  15. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

why are all you guys benchmarking with different settings and resolutions?

16. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

That's nothing unusual - see AC benchmark.

17. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

But the results are only worth something to themselves. I cant see which setup is better that way.

18. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

If everything was entirely fixed you would have a benchmark for the system alone. But I also want to find out what settings have the biggest impact. And that works out very well. If you want to compare system performance, you should copy the settings of the system you want to compare to. That's what the table in post 1 is for.

Here's some findings without full test runs:

• The View makes a moderate FPS difference (cockpit 2 FPS higher than dash in same FOV settings)
    • The FOV makes a big difference (plus 7 FPS in dash view going from just 34° to 40°)
    • The mirror settings make a ridiculously big difference. And I can't spot a difference between low and epic. I suggest to set it to low - easily + 10 FPS or so.
    So, we need to adjust the test method a little.

Feel free to do further runs with the old method. I'll freeze the table now, though and won't add additional entries. Later today I'll update post 1 with the new method and start a new table.

Finally, I think I can debunk the myth of the NVIDIA bias. Here's @Atak_Kat 's result with the 1080 Ti:

2018-11-21 19:18:21 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 13528 - Time: 176781ms - Avg: 76.524 - Min: 57 - Max: 104

And here's mine, exact same settings including view and FOV with the Vega 64:

2018-11-22 15:07:46 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 13364 - Time: 189797ms - Avg: 70.412 - Min: 49 - Max: 96

That's only a 10 % advantage for the 1080 Ti. Even 25 % would have been plausible, looking at benchmark results.

Please play around with the FOV - you can see the results already when in the view settings menu on track - the FPS adapt in realtime. Do you think this is common? The FPS difference based on FOV is huge.

Daniel Costa, NeRo2 and sissydriver like this.
  19. NeRo2

NeRo2 Gamer

Maybe for the new list we should add the used Windows version? I think it´s one of the bigger factors when it comes to performance.

20. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

Ok so this is an optimization thread. I was expecting to see which hardware proved best, so my bad.

Mirrors, reflections, world complexity and FOV murder framerates if you are cpu limited, just like in AC1. FOV has a huge impact because it either increases or decreases the amount of geometry being rendered and it affects LOD also (further or closer the objects are).

I too came from a highly OC Vega64 to a 1080ti, and in AC1 the difference in cpu limited choke points is massive. Vega64 dropped down to 50/60fps in my replay, while the 1080ti just breezes past. Its not only down to horsepower, its the driver cpu_draw overhead which AMD suffers a lot from when the drivers aren't optimized (as they never were for AC)

AlleyViper and Deatroy like this.